Stealth switch

LitemUp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I few months ago my electric fan controller fried, and I really haven't had the time to buy a new one and install it. I talked to my installer the fan controllers go bad often and couldn't see spending $80 for a controller and have it go bad again. So I decide to go an easier route with a little bit more flexability for when I hit the track. I went installing a simple manual switch inside the cab, but didn't want to cut up or drill any holes. So I think this was a pretty slick, stealth and very functional. Let me know what you guys think. I'll post up some more pics after I get it all installed, but here is a little preview.

Can you tell were the switch is?

P1000236.jpg

P1000237.jpg

P1000238.jpg

P1000239.jpg

Last edited:
I had a switch like that under the dash of my former SRT8....I could bring the engine temp down to 140 while in the staging lanes...

Yup, that's what I'm hoping for. The controller worked great, but just didn't have the fixability I wanted for the track. It would only kick in after the radiator (external) temp reached 160 degrees actual water temp was probably 170+ degrees. Hoping to have this installed by the end of the day today and hit the track tomorrow.

Does that mean you have to manually hit it during daily driving to cool the engine back down?
It good idea for track use, but I could see where it could have it's disadvantages and problems also.

I could see where you could manually by-pass the controller when you want too, but to totally do away with it.....

An $80 dollar part could cost you more if not monitored and your motor get over heated too many times.

just my thoughts on it.

I take it that the fan still comes on automatically still and the switch just overrides it? Looks great,excellent install and idea.

iraqivet01 said:
Does that mean you have to manually hit it during daily driving to cool the engine back down?
It good idea for track use, but I could see where it could have it's disadvantages and problems also.

I could see where you could manually by-pass the controller when you want too, but to totally do away with it.....

An $80 dollar part could cost you more if not monitored and your motor get over heated too many times.

just my thoughts on it.

I purchased the fan to cool the motor and intercooler in between runs and in the staging lanes at the track rather keeping the engine cool during daily driving. The way I will connect it would be through a switched power source so when the ignition is on the fan can be turned on the same as the pump for the intercooler.

As far as overheating is concerned haven't had to worry about it. My engine water temp never reach 200 degree since I have a 172 t-stat and Flash. Although when the controller was working it never reached 190 degree. I could always monitor the temps from the cab and flip the switch if a really needed to. I mean really how lazy can you be?

Manually turm on your cooling fan

Thanks to Stingray :rock: dug this up for an alternative to buying fans or controllers:rock:

Attachments

• 11-21-2008 12;19;22PM.jpg
    11-21-2008 12;19;22PM.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 11-21-2008 12;20;41PM.jpg
    11-21-2008 12;20;41PM.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 11-21-2008 12;22;10PM.jpg
    11-21-2008 12;22;10PM.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 41
Thanks Jorge, so when are going to meet up so that I could see those wheels in person. :D

LitemUp said:
Thanks Jorge, so when are going to meet up so that I could see those wheels in person. :D

YOU WILL BE VERY IMPRESSED. HIS TRUCK LOOKS OUTSTANDING!!! I HAVE SEEN IT UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL. I HAD TO KEEP MY SHADES ON WITH ALL THAT SHINEY BLING!!!

LitemUp said:
I purchased the fan to cool the motor and intercooler in between runs and in the staging lanes at the track rather keeping the engine cool during daily driving. The way I will connect it would be through a switched power source so when the ignition is on the fan can be turned on the same as the pump for the intercooler.

As far as overheating is concerned haven't had to worry about it. My engine water temp never reach 200 degree since I have a 172 t-stat and Flash. Although when the controller was working it never reached 190 degree. I could always monitor the temps from the cab and flip the switch if a really needed to. I mean really how lazy can you be?
where'd ya buy the fan ?

i like it - can u tell us the parts list u have and pic's of the fan ext......

thanks

VIPER

LitemUp said:
I could always monitor the temps from the cab and flip the switch if a really needed to. I mean really how lazy can you be?

I hope no-one else ever drives the truck. I can't get my wife to check the fuel gauge let alone monitor the engines temperate AND flip a switch.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back