Supercharger low HP numbers

BLWNSRT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So i went to the dyno with my 06 R/c with a Roe supercharger it pulls 417hp to the wheels and 504tq and the A/F is flatlined at 10. so i double checked everything and emailed Sean and he said check to too much boost and/or a plugged cat. so i had the back 2 cats cut out and they are like new. so i went to another shop and there it pulled 419 on the 91 sct tune and 448 on the 93 tune and the A/F is still 10 all accross.

Here are the vids from the first shop.

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtsXka9DeJQ
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVPaliOZScI
3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV2HwZi8510

maybe its cause its a 2006?

Here is the dyno chart from the second runs without the cats.

Attachments

• DJDataExport_RunFile_001.txt
    3 KB · Views: 79
  • DJDataExport_RunFile_002.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 63
  • srt10.jpg
    srt10.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 520
on a dynojet dyno your only puttin down those #s you might have a couple lil bugs to work out sean is definately very knowledgeable and you are in good hands as far as i am concerned and welcoome!!!!

10.0 is rich, I would aim for 11.0, but never the less, check your front cats. Also record your boost after the blower and see what the motors getting.

Front cats are good had the exhaust shop double check what i found then i said cut out the rear cats, and he said why they are fine, and i said just cause. I have been dealing with the same muffler shop for 10years so it cost me nothing to cut out the cats and put in stainless pipes with a O2 bung. As for boost with the gauge attached it makes 6psi. its moves about 1/2psi +/- but the gauge i used i know is accurate. it kinda bogs as you can see on the chart.

I just want to get it figured out before the snow falls. i dont even drive the truck in the rain let alone snow.

I think that the dyno AFR charts only go down to 10 to 1 and stop so there is no telling how rich it really is.

It could be so fat that it won't make any power, as it is definatly down on power for a blown truck.

Get to the bottom of your over rich situation, and I think your numbers will be much improved.

HEY MAN WELCOME TO MY HELL!

:) You and me are members of the hey i'm supercharged and only put down 500 ftlbs ;)

I pulled 500 hp/ 500ftlbs..... I got some work to do, latter :)

Good luck!

You can arrange a dyno tune session with Sean Roe on the phone...and have him tune your truck remotely. You will need to email the data to him, but he can distant tune for you. Just takes a little coordination...

I really think you are pig rich and need some baseline work first, then get Sean involved.

Agreeing with everyone that you should be around 11-12 AFR with that charger and running that fat will knock power right in the ass. Actually you will make the most power on the lean side but you risk detonation and piston melt! You'd probably see the most power at around 12.5-13:1 A/F but most just don't and shouldn't risk it. Run her a LIL' rich to get the power and save the motor. Kinda like insurance.

Yes all dyno pulls should be in the 1:1 final drive and that is 4th on a 6 speed and 3rd in an auto, 2nd in a powerglide REGARDLESS of rear gear ratio. It's the tranny 1:1 you are wanting. Any dyno pull in another gear will resullt in skewed numbers.;)

1to1 is 4th gear on a six speed, the rear gear ratio has nothing to do with what gear you dyno it in.
Always dyno in 4th gear with a T56 six speed, no matter what the rear end gears you have.

When dynoing with an automatic make sure it is in tow-haul mode to keep the tranny locked out of overdrive.

tsmith3 said:
Is this true for 4.10 gearing in the 04's?

the best question is , whom installed it? that would be a starting place to begin with , and is everything installed correctly and go from there.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back