Calif. SRT-10's Race Days

Trainman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK SoCal and NorCal, you guys need to make plans to attend one or both of these events. SRTBrad will be at both doing high quality video ....so if you want to see your truck on here and on Youtube.....then try to make this.
Friday night, Sept. 6th Test & Tune at Famoso Raceway (20 min north of Bakersfield), gates open at 7pm racing from 8 pm to midnight. $20.00 to race, unlimited passes. we should have at least 3 or 4 SRT-10's racing on Friday (Trainman, Phnxpoolguy(Rick), Slvrsrt10 (Jose), and Joses friend (05RC, not on our forum).....maybe Adrian can make this....but I won't hold my breath.

Then on Saturday we (Rick, myself and SRTBrad) will caravan up to Sacramento and on Sunday Sept. 8th there is an All Mopar Drag Meet at Sacramento Raceway. Gates open at 8am, Racing till about 4pm. Noid will be there, and I'm sure a bunch of the Hemi guys (CheFred, etc) will also be there. Should be fun.

I think these will be the last two races on my stock engine, the parts are starting to come together. It looks like I will not be able to make the last Famoso Test and Tune (first weekend in Nov.) because I don't think the truck will be done by then, but you never know, we will have most of Sept and all of Oct. to finish it.

Anyway, guys come out and meet everyone, put a face to a name and meet new friends....hope to see more of you soon.:rock:

Last edited:
You should know by now when you mention a race track it scares off 90% of the guys on here....but if you had a dyno day you'd have a great turnout:chain:

Just tell all the street racers to run N/T so the secret of what they run won't be out. I don't understand why everyone doesn't want to race at the track. It eliminates the factor of having to worry about cops.

Just tell all the street racers to run N/T so the secret of what they run won't be out. I don't understand why everyone doesn't want to race at the track. It eliminates the factor of having to worry about cops.

Yeah, we wouldn't want their mid-13 second times to be exposed!:D

Look here, mod-dude, just beacause your truck won't run 9's on the streets doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

Seriously though, running at the track seems like a hassle and is intimidating for some of us. My only track experience looks like this: 1.drive a long way to the nearest track. 2.pay stupid amounts of money to get family in and get vehicle entered. 3.park vehicle in ugly, inconvenient area. 4.wait for some knuckle head to look at vehicle and say my junk is sufficient. 5.wait in long line to make first pass. 6.family waits in very uncomfortable seating to watch racer have a few seconds of fun. 6.collect time slip 7.go back to ugly parking where family is either waiting in uncomfortable camping chairs. 8.realize I'm starving but don't have an option for grabbing a real meal. 9.wait in long line to make another pass. 10.collect another timeslip. 11.pack up and leave. 12.make long drive home. That whole experience can easily eat up an entire day. It's not fun for anyone except the person racing, and even then it's minimal fun for the time and money committed.

Street racing, on the other hand, looks like this: 1.meet friends near house. 2.race 3.smile about outcome, regardless of who won. 4.race again, if ya wanna. 5.pick up family at home and go out to dinner. That whole experience takes me 15-20 minutes. I was never uncomfortable, didn't need to pay anything, didn't miss out on significant family time, didn't bore the rest of the family with an all day, me centered, event, etc.

I have nothing against racing on the track. And I believe in being smart about racing on the street (endangering anyone other than the two racers is unacceptable). But it's easy to see why street racing is appealing to some.

Very great post Caveman! Being a street / track racer I relate with both sides. Keeping family comfortable at the track is hard! Especially With Lil ones. The mrs either gets involved filming/recording or just hates it (my X, lol). Both are fun and have been done since the invention of engines and vehicles. Google some 1920's racing and even earlier :rock:

Long night....they are having a nitro Funny Car meet tonight (Saturday), so there were a lot of fuel dragsters and funny cars testing....they take forever and 2 of them wrecked, so lots of down time.

Jose was there with his 04RC and he had the Belanger headers on the truck, although it is still not tuned....He ran a 13.0 (13.02 I think) @ 108+, very good time for his second trip to the strip. I made two passes, no real exciting races, although there was a Lightning there and he ran 13.95 @ 97, so I didn't even ask for a race.

Here are my 2 runs (one at 10:49 pm and one at 2:06 am, I said it was a long night)

Run 1: DA 2530', 60' 1.683, 1/8th mile 7.610@ 90.09, 1/4 mile 11.901 @ 112.61

Run 2: DA 2077', 60' 1.715, 1/8th mile 7.648@ 93.43, 1/4 mile 11.931 @ 115.50

I will never go to a test and tune again if the next night is a nitro funny car meet....they take forever and are always screwing up the track!

Probably the last test and tune on the truck before tearing down the engine, stay tuned for the ultimate NA build.

I race at the track for one simple reason there is trained medical personnel standing by when I decide to crash. and if you're running high quality tracks like Baytown and the Texas Mile they have highly trained staff and extracting people from highspeed accidents. I've never worried about me street racing it's the other guy if he decides to do a ricer fly by and not let off and hit somebody you're both going to jail.

I race at the track for one simple reason there is trained medical personnel standing by when I decide to crash. and if you're running high quality tracks like Baytown and the Texas Mile they have highly trained staff and extracting people from highspeed accidents. I've never worried about me street racing it's the other guy if he decides to do a ricer fly by and not let off and hit somebody you're both going to jail.

A lot of sense coming from a 24 year old. :rock::rock:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back