New PB set today.

trussman

Reaction score
Went out to the track today for some runs. Was a beautiful day to be at the track. There were about 14 corvettes out there from a local club and surprisingly over half of em ran! There was also a guy with a stock 5.4 f150 2wd with a eaton blower and homemade air box and throttle body setup. He ran a PB for himself of 12.40! Nice fella and enjoyed shootin the breeze with him. Alright, onto the important stuff. Made my first pass and didnt have the wife record bc my first pass is notorious for being horrible. Well, not this time. 12.88 against one of the vettes 13.66. Gained immediate respect and attention from that one lol. 2nd and 3rd passes were lack of traction due to fwd cars draggin water up to the line. 4th pass was good for me. 1.85 60' and 12.76@107. Couldnt peel the grin off my face with a 10" wal mart spatula. I know it's nothing stellar for most but for me and a the minimal mods I feel good bout it. Gonna attach slips but they will be hard to read on mobile. Sorry, scanner isnt up to par tonite.
1st pass
1458543_10200949015748688_430764024_n.jpg

3rd pass against a purdy good driver in a manual Vette(newer model) who came up to me after the race dumbfounded of how fast a huge brick is.
1456131_10200949016068696_1277060834_n.jpg

4th pass and new PB. I know I coulda done longer burnout but without line-lock and with strong rear brakes it just bogs down quickly.
601774_10200949017228725_1413691715_n.jpg

Meant to say I have vids but cant post till I add camera software to my work pc or figure out while my personal one no likey display images all of a sudden.

Really? No one has hit 12.4 on headers nd intake? Well to be honest Jerry (trainman) is really the reason why I hit 12.4 all his advice and teaching me how to do good shifts

nice. got timeslips?

I saw the timeslip, it was 12.495 (not 12.4) @ 109+ mph. He had a 1.88 60'. Great run for the kid.........He borrowed my Bogarts for the front, and removed his seats and borrowed my racing seat....weight is horsepower. So about 90 lbs. for front wheels, 140+ lbs for the seats, and 60 lbs for the tailgate......nice 290 lb savings!

I remember back in the day when my truck was still full weight. SRTBrad was there and at the time it was the NA record. I had a full interior, aftermarket bed cover, full 5,000 lb weight and I ran 12.490 @ 110+ ( and that was headers, Volant ram air, and Tune)......shortly after that was when ArrestMeRed and I got into our cross country back and forth....every two weeks or so, one or the other would set a new record, sometimes only a hundredth or so (.01) but still a record. That when I started saving weight starting with the bed cover and tailgate, then the passenger seat, eventually got the NA record down to a 12.02....then stalled for several months. I came up with the idea of lightweight doors.....then the first 11.xx second pass and the rest is history. Now I'm building my engine for some serious (but streetable) power, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully the first NA run in the 10's. Then I believe I'll be done. For now!

Last edited:
Weight reduction will shave time for sure with these. I'm full weight at the moment so maybe a diet is in store soon.

Weight reduction will shave time for sure with these. I'm full weight at the moment so maybe a diet is in store soon.

Do it, you won't regret it.

Great runs, Trussman! Whipping the Vetted owner had to be almost as fun as grabbing that 12.7 slip.

Do it, you won't regret it.
Yeh I think I'm gonna lose the heavy bed cover, tail gate, pass seat and maybe center seat next time out. Not goin into fiberglass doors or hood and fenders but maybe some light weight/low rolling resistance tires one day :D
Great runs, Trussman! Whipping the Vetted owner had to be almost as fun as grabbing that 12.7 slip.
Man the lady passin out the slips said he was cussin when he picked his slip before me. His buddies were over askin 100 questions after that as well.
I saw the timeslip, it was 12.495 (not 12.4) @ 109+ mph. He had a 1.88 60'. Great run for the kid.........He borrowed my Bogarts for the front, and removed his seats and borrowed my racing seat....weight is horsepower. So about 90 lbs. for front wheels, 140+ lbs for the seats, and 60 lbs for the tailgate......nice 290 lb savings!

He ran an exceptional time IMO for the lack of mods and minimal weight reduction. You'll have to excuse my doubting of his time with his only posts were about him buying twin (electric) turbos from ebay :D

Will those Bogarts fit with the 05/06 front calipers?

Hey Rick can u txt me his number ima talk to him see if he can make me some front wheels

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back