Normal looking or problem? O2 SENSOR

OSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two o2 sensors and one wide band sensor. Look right ??

I ask because they are bad about 1500 miles on all. I was told 111 fuel would kill them but no one thought they would go that quick. So fuel i have been using or the bad tune i had ?

Attachments

• 100_7264.JPG
    100_7264.JPG
    275.6 KB · Views: 109
All of the above........I have ran 110 leaded in my truck several times w/o problem but I have a friend that put it in his 2006 Corvette on the way to the track. His O2 sensors went bad within a few miles..

your sensors don't look bad at all.. Mine have more carbon on them but
that's just because of the catless system.. Are you running cats with
leaded fuel?

TNVIPER said:
All of the above........I have ran 110 leaded in my truck several times w/o problem but I have a friend that put it in his 2006 Corvette on the way to the track. His O2 sensors went bad within a few miles..
Fuel is whatr im worried about i just filled my 55 gal drum:eek:

Sharpimage said:
your sensors don't look bad at all.. Mine have more carbon on them but
that's just because of the catless system.. Are you running cats with
leaded fuel?
Yep, High flow. Started using the fuel because timing was to far advanced when i tune went to hell now i just like the smell:D

Last edited:
Mine didnt look THAT bad when I changed out to cat-less mids.....?????

Oh Im gonna have to get some from you to mix next friday....If you still have some

TNVIPER said:
The leaded gas will kill cats fast.......how do you know the O2 sensors are bad?
Replaced them and my air fuel problem at idle corrected itself. Truck was idling at 12.9-11.5 no matter what we did to the tune.

OSO said:
What got me is that it never gave any codes that they were bad:dontknow:

Problem was the sensor still worked...but was sending bad data to the PCM...this probably caused the PCM to think all was well with the A/F...

TNVIPER said:
Problem was the sensor still worked...but was sending bad data to the PCM...this probably caused the PCM to think all was well with the A/F...
Thats the only thing i could figure. What really sucks is i ran better at the track with the bad O2s and bad tune:slug:

maybe it was working on the high rpm side when no dought you had your big foot smashing through the floor board ,,, but at low rpm the signal was tanted because of build up from the race gas:dontknow: just a thought :p and we need to find out were big ike (Jay) is moving to and we all go over there and do dounuts in his front yard then run like hell !!if nothing else we toilet paper all his trees right before it rains again!!!!!! well its night night time for big boy:D peace out bro;)

Last edited:
I have never been one to see if the O2 "looks bad" the only way I know is to check voltages -to-fuel, and match them up. check your voltage @ decel, and that should be a good sign. its a wide band, so dont forget your 0-5v.

I definitely wouldn't base it off looks.

I know you cant really tell if they are bad with a visual but was wondering if this is what they look like under normal use but i guessing not.
Probably should replace the cats also, guessing they are not flowing as well as they once did.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back