Race Day

ontariobee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to take the truck to the track yesterday to race. It was bracket racing and i made it to the 3rd round. 1st round race a firebird, not sure of the mods but it sounded good. something didn't work right on the tracks end of electronics because their machines didn't work for some reason on that pass so neither of us got a print out but i won. 2nd pass i was against a dodge diesel, had exhaust, different air intake, prgrammer and not sure what else. that run i ran a new personal best......13.83 @101.36mph for the win.(corrected to a [email protected] sea level)
60'------------2.094
330'-----------5.869
1/[email protected]
1000'----------11.606
1/4------------13.83 @101.36mph

My 3rd run was driver error. I just leave my truck in drive with o/d off and go. Well i guess i only had it in 2nd. on my dash it said D but it must have just been half way inbetween enough to make it say D. So between my 1/8mile and 1000' my truck run out of rpm. not being an avid track guy (2nd time at a track) i didn't know what the hell was going on so i just played it safe and put it in nutral and coasted across the line. From my time slip i was on my way to a new personal best again....oh well, next time.

60'----------2.054
330'---------5.754
1/[email protected]
1000'--------11.707
1/[email protected]
All in all i had a blast. and won my 1st racing money.......$20 haha. Its the 1st time i've ever bracket raced and its difficult watching their tree go down and them taking off while my tree hasn't started yet or has just started.

Nice, second run looks like it would've been deep into the 13.70's, guess taking out that steel plate helped

Nice, second run looks like it would've been deep into the 13.70's, guess taking out that steel plate helped

Yea removing it sure did help. I havent weighed it yet but i would say 225-275lbs range. The track was also prepped really well as 4 second rail cars were also racing and 6-7 second funny cars/rail cars

Back