Results from Mega Mopar series, Oct 5,2013

Trainman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long day, got 3 passes in, with a 3 hour wait between runs. Good news is the SRT-10 Ram went STRAIGHT down the track, NO handling issues. Raced a Challenger (5.7, 6M, stock..15.124 @ 98.59), a SRT-8 300 (stock..14.792 @ 105.46) and a 70 Challenger (not stock, very fast..11.378 @ 119.14). Here are my runs:

Run 1: Temp 79, DA 1825', 60' 1.680, 1/8th mile 7.582 @ 90.20, 1/4 mile 11.845 @ 116.34.

Run 2: Temp 84.9, DA 2269', 60' 1.644, 1/8th mile 7.547 @ 90.71, 1/4 mile 11.791 @ 116.76.

Run 3: Temp 82, DA 2116', 60' 1.666, 1/8th mile 7.556 @ 91.06, 1/4 mile 11.787 @ 117.23.

Because of the long waits I decided to not go out there today.

Sweet runs! What is your best run so far?

Wish I could have made it out to video Jerry. Great to hear the handling problems were solved!!! How long did the QA1's last for you before the problems started happening?

Wish I could have made it out to video Jerry. Great to hear the handling problems were solved!!! How long did the QA1's last for you before the problems started happening?

Probably at least 6 years, as I can't remember when I first installed them.

Good times, thought the truck would be torn down by now

So did I, heads are moving along slower than I thought. Should almost be done. Justin @ JMB has received the Gen V plastic intake and ordered 2-- 80mm mechanical throttle bodies (older Mustang) and is starting to fabricate the new mechanical linkage for the Ram. Once done he will ship those to Greg Good (intake and TB's) for porting and port matching. Once done then they (heads and intake) will be shipped out here to A&C Performance and I will deliver the truck to have the engine pulled and bottom end rebuilt. We will be ordering 11:1 Pistons. We will do a base line dyno on the stock engine at A&C , then re-dyno after the build to document the gains.......if any:D
Keep an eye out on the JMB section, as he said he would be putting up some pictures as the work progresses. He hopes to be done in about 2 weeks.:rock:

Nice runs Jerry, sorry I couldn't make it out with Bogart last weekend.

Sounds like you had a great time. I really appreciate the way you present the data from your runs - very useful and easy to digest. That 70 Chally was movin!

So did I, heads are moving along slower than I thought. Should almost be done. Justin @ JMB has received the Gen V plastic intake and ordered 2-- 80mm mechanical throttle bodies (older Mustang) and is starting to fabricate the new mechanical linkage for the Ram. Once done he will ship those to Greg Good (intake and TB's) for porting and port matching. Once done then they (heads and intake) will be shipped out here to A&C Performance and I will deliver the truck to have the engine pulled and bottom end rebuilt. We will be ordering 11:1 Pistons. We will do a base line dyno on the stock engine at A&C , then re-dyno after the build to document the gains.......if any:D
Keep an eye out on the JMB section, as he said he would be putting up some pictures as the work progresses. He hopes to be done in about 2 weeks.:rock:

Great choices Jerry, Todd is an awesome Viper builder for sure! :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back