Strange front end noise

matthewt

Reaction score
It's weird, after I drive for a while a noise develops that I can hear in cab coming from the passenger side. I try to hear it from outside but it's harder to hear. It sounds like a pop kind of, or a pop rattle. Kind of faint but it's there. Dodge can't hear it. I've searched on the forums but can't find anything. Any of you experience this?

I would think, go find a good alignment or suspension shop and have them take a look. You don't want anything letting go if your at speed.
I wouldn't risk your safety to a dealer that can't find anything. :dontknow:

Going Over Bumps, All The Time, Certain Speeds, Turning? NEED As Much info As Possible. Right Front, middle, ???????

Change your oil recently.......?

This is a serious question

Ok so it seems kind of more prevelant when the truck has been driven more during the day. Turning the at slow speeds seems to make it more noticeable but I don't know how it would correlate to the steering. Bumps do nothing. No to oil change recently.

I developed a similar rattle. Turned out it was the lower shock bolt had come loose.

14k miles. I haven't had the bearings checked. It almost sounds like one of those old school toys that "pop" when you pushed them

sounds like a ball joint coming out the socket then popping back in ,,i would take it to an alinment shop asap ,,if it is a ball joint that puppy could let go at real bad time

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back