Went back to the track, Slightly Disapointed

MurderedQC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went back to the track with some DR's, best 60' I could pull was 1.9 no matter how and what RPM I launched at. Trap speed was lower than the last time I ran. My best before today was 13.5 at 103 with a 2.1 60' on streets, today I ran a 13.2 at 102 with a 1.9 60'. I tried doing long burnouts and short but nothing changed in how it launched. 1st and 2nd gear felt great, then 3rd felt like it fell on its face and just wouldnt go anywhere. I got a Roe Tune, updated the trans, took up about 500lbs, did a tune up, and more from the first time and still not much better :/

Oh well.... here is a video of me beating up a twin turbo 350z
Srt10 vs Twin Turbo 350z

Here is another pass
Srt10 1/4 Mile

If you listen in the videos you can even hear 3rd gear kinda lag and not climb rpm

Last edited:
No trans issue!! Dont say it lol! The trans shifted HARD though... you can hear it chirp every gear

Ill be hitting the track in Oct I'm hoping to be in the low 13s also I would think with your mods u would be in the 12s

Im going to change the plugs back to champion coppers, get a retune, add more air in the front tires and caltracs..... we will see what happens

Im going to change the plugs back to champion coppers, get a retune, add more air in the front tires and caltracs..... we will see what happens

Don't waste your money on Caltracs, get V1R long bars.

The traction system is $1195 if you wanna turn your 1.9s into 1.7s. I can't see your video due to flash player upgrade or something but I'd love to see them and help analyze your runs. You likely need a stall converter as well to get that beast off the line. Are you spinning badly ?

Not really spinning at all... you can hear a little spin and a little hop. If you look at the 2nd video just after the water box when i hit dry ground, look how far the axle wraps :/ haha good times. I can send you the videos if you have an e-mail, or I can upload them to youtube

Maybe he doesn't really have a cam...

Maybe I do, its a Comp Coupe Cam, nothing too crazy. I am a QC on a Mustang dyno and made 470+hp and 525+ft/lbs... On that same dyno an 05 viper with headers, full exhaust, intake, and roe tune made 460rwhp and s stock 03 Viper did 440rwhp. The truck has A LOT more in it, just fixing all the twerks. Maybe you need to stop criticizing if I have a cam or not.
PS same cam on a viper did 500rwhp and 545rwtq. Makes sense of the numbers my truck made through a 48re. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCTfFjxNUXY[/ame] /endrant

Last edited:
Maybe I do, its a Comp Coupe Cam, nothing too crazy. I am a QC on a Mustang dyno and made 470+hp and 525+ft/lbs... On that same dyno an 05 viper with headers, full exhaust, intake, and roe tune made 460rwhp and s stock 03 Viper did 440rwhp. The truck has A LOT more in it, just fixing all the twerks. Maybe you need to stop criticizing if I have a cam or not.
Easy there, turbo. I'm just looking at the facts.

I have a 2005 QC current mods (that I know of)
-Bassani Headers
-Billy Boat Mids with high flow cats
-Billy Boat CatBack
-X-Metal TB
-Intake
-Shift Kit

I believe the truck is also cammed but i cant confirm it. I just know it sounds like it has a lope compared to the vipers in our family and the other srt10 ram's i drove.

Where do you think my truck sits hp/tq currently
2/14/12: "Might have a cam because it really hits a lick".

no handheld was provided when I bought the truck
2/26/12: Hmmm, odd that someone who invested serious dollars into a truck (custom paint and cam swap) wouldn't have the tuner?

Just bought the truck about 3 weeks ago from a dealership... already put 700 miles on it. I believe the dealership sold it in good faith. The truck has never missed a beat until now. I was walking sti's like nothing so i know the truck was running how it should..
2/27/12: Oh, I see. You bought the truck from a dealer.

Just going by what the previous owner said. It does lope more than stock though.
3/31/12: Previous owner says it has a cam? Wait, I thought you said you bought it from a dealer that lived 3 hours away from you? You aren't making this whole cam thing up are you? Is your name Stewart?

I contacted the previous owner about everything on the truck. Yes I got it from a dealer but the previous owner only took out the tune and sold the tuner.

Apply slight pressure to your clutch pedal and floor the gas, should unlock it for you:chain:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM3So0U1BMQ]corvette burnout gone bad - YouTube[/ame]

Do this, it will fix that problem right up.

Put the stock tires back on and put the cover and gate back on.... Decided to check fluids and plugs.... Trans fluid has 2 quarts to full so I drained it and its back in safe zone... 6 out of 10 plugs were at least a turn loose :/... Plugs look good though. Took it for a drive and I don't feel any lag in 3rd gear now.... Gah... Damn truck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back