Check engine light came on?

Jeff Kehoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My check engine light came on this morning. It stayed on until I shut it off, and when I started it after work it still stayed on.
I have a DC Performance Stage 2 Flash in it.
As soon as I took the DC Stage 2 flash out of it it went off. I have not driven it much this afternoon, but what could be the cause of this?
Any Ideas?? ths guy at DC said to check the Gas cap, but it seemed fine to me.
Thanks Jeff

try key trick, here what you doing is turn it on then off but not start the engine, do it three time the codes should come on then tell us what the codes and maybe we can help you

it probably threw a code, then when you changed the comp the stock one didnt have the code but it will probably throw it again.

It came up with the code P 1495 --Leak detection pump solenoid circuit?? Which pump??? Can I drive it??
Thanks
Jeff

I tried this key trick and 3 and 4 times and I did not see the code come up?? Does it work on 04's and where will the code be displayed??

Rice Eater said:
I tried this key trick and 3 and 4 times and I did not see the code come up?? Does it work on 04's and where will the code be displayed??

yes it will work on 04, mine is 04 too. it will come up on miles start it up then off then try it again at 3 times, the miles will change to the codes

Rice Eater said:
so on the 3rd time leave the key in the on position or do I need to actually start it to see the codes? thanks!

yes, on the 3rd time leave it in the on position then u will see the codes and you don't need to start it at all. welcome!

Well, The dealer workde my truck in right away, and it was just a lose connection on the Leak Detection Pump. The connection was full of rust and ice. They removed the K125 wire cleaned it and packed it with some grease, and cleared the code.
Just thought you guys would like to know about it.
Jeff

Mine just came on too. I tried the key trick and it gave me code P1494, which according to the link above means: LEAK DETECTION PUMP SWITCH OR MECHANICAL FAULT - SRT10.
What does that mean? Can I drive it, or should I take it to the shop ASAP, anyone?

amartin3 said:
Mine just came on too. I tried the key trick and it gave me code P1494, which according to the link above means: LEAK DETECTION PUMP SWITCH OR MECHANICAL FAULT - SRT10.
What does that mean? Can I drive it, or should I take it to the shop ASAP, anyone?
The whole leak detection system is designed to determine if harmful (to the environment) elements are leaking into the atmosphere. The code won't disable you or hurt performance. It will just turn on the light so you go to the dealer and have it fixed. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back