just found 93 oct. gas for 1.02 per gal.

wow...this $3000 dollar found wallet question sounds very familiar... well there i was the wednesday before the PS3's come out....ive hired 5 people to stand in line with me from wednesday at about 4pm to friday at 8am. i have about $4000 cash in my wallet ( dont ask...my ass hurt for 3 days...because of sitting on the money...that is) and more in my pocket. so i got to use the restrooom sometime thursday so i walk into the bestbuy where we are waiting and got and use the poddy...#2....i take my wallet out and count my money to make sure its all there...and set it on the toilet paper dispencer....well i get done and go back outside.. and about 20min later, store personel walks out and asks if there is a josh trepl out here....and i politely said yes..im josh trepl. the person then procedes to tell me that someone has turned in my wallet...my heart freakin sank....fully expecting to be $4000 buck in the red!!! i walk inside to the security desk to a huge bulging wallet filled with money....i asked who found it and they told me it was one of the assistant managers...i asked where he was but no one could find him....i asked them that when someone sees him that i would like to thank him personally... anyways he came out about 10min later and i gave him a big hug...gave him $200 bucks andhe wouldnt accept it...so after talking to him a little bit i shoved the money in his front shirt pocket and said thanks and walked away...well about 10min later the gen manager came out and gave me my $200 back and said that no matter what, he couldnt accept it...that he was just doing his job....stand up guy... crazy turns of events...thought i was f*cked when i was walking into that store... anyways not gonna commetn on the gas sittuation...its hard to say what any of you would do until the situation presents itself....BESTBUY RULES!!!!!

faslane505 said:
...its hard to say what any of you would do until the situation presents itself....

The trick is to decide ahead of time how you will react instead of making a snap judgement when the situation presents itself. For example, my hairy primate friend has already decided to be honest at any price. It's a done deal. He doesn't even have to think about it and I know I can trust him implicitly.

BTW, I'm glad you got your wallet back. Imagine if everyone were that honest. :)

Big Asp said:
The trick is to decide ahead of time how you will react instead of making a snap judgement when the situation presents itself. For example, my hairy primate friend has already decided to be honest at any price. It's a done deal. He doesn't even have to think about it and I know I can trust him implicitly.

BTW, I'm glad you got your wallet back. Imagine if everyone were that honest. :)

On a side note.... Glad to see you posting again, Mr. Asp. :) ;) It's been a while. :)

At the Bank

This older gentlemen was in line in front of at the bank cashing probable his retirement check ,at this branch the money comes out in front of you at the teller.
he took his receipt and walked away , as I was waiting for my money I look down and there sits his money looked like alot quite a few large bills so I picked it up before my money came down and give to the teller she put into an envelope for him when he came back.

Prof said:
A person is either honest and honorable or they are not. There is no such thing as situational morality.

Perk, suggest you re-evaluate who and what you are. Then examine how you want to be perceived. You are always communicating...sending some kind of message...think about the message you have sent in your post...

Maybe this situation will be turned into a good experience...suggest you go to the manager of that station and pay what you owe. Try it, you may feel really good about the experience.

you summed it up perfectly. :)

Black1 said:
On a side note.... Glad to see you posting again, Mr. Asp. :) ;) It's been a while. :)

Thanks! I've had a little extra spare time lately.

It really is very simple:
goldrule.gif

Problem is, that we have not found any that is up to the task. Maybe we need to recruit PoundStone to give it a try...?

Prof said:
Problem is, that we have not found any that is up to the task. Maybe we need to recruit PoundStone to give it a try...?

I don't care who you are, or how fast your car/truck is. There is always someone out that that can kick your ass, or beat you in a race.

WOW,Alot of good responses on this subject!!:)
As previously stated,your not taking from from the big guys,Your taking from the little guy!Whether its scaming a gas station or stiffing a waitress or cashier:)
About 25 years ago, I was at the beach with my family and realized I had lost my wallet.(All of our vacation money was in it) While deciding how to overcome this problem,A guy approached us and asked me my name,then told me his daughter found a wallet washed up on the shore about a 1/2 mile down the beach and I looked like the picture on my licence.He handed me the wallet with all $3,200 and cards in it!!!! I was shocked, not only did he return the wallet,He refused any reward!!.I was finally allowed to give his daughter $50,His response was that he knew that someones vacation depended on the wallet.To this day I never carry more than a couple bucks on me I am more trusting of people(not always the best way to be).
THIS IS A TRUE STORY!!!!!:)

Silverback said:
Mikey always wants to have his ass kicked. ;) :D
If LBSTONE and GHOSRITR showed up on his doorstep, he would dehydrate himself on the spot.:D

SilvrSRT10 said:
If LBSTONE and GHOSRITR showed up on his doorstep, he would dehydrate himself on the spot.:D

I doubt that. When I was young, I got into lots of fights. Learned early on that if you feared the other person, or didn't think you could win, you had already lost.

Mikey is a fighter and is the same way.

I should add that size and strength does not automatically make you more formidable. You need to know how to apply it in order to win.

Silverback said:
I doubt that. When I was young, I got into lots of fights. Learned early on that if you feared the other person, or didn't think you could win, you had already lost.

Mikey is a fighter and is the same way.

I should add that size and strength does not automatically make you more formidable. You need to know how to apply it in order to win.
Yeah, I was making a joke (kinda). I had read that Mikey was a fighter.

perk_1405 said:
sorry i didnt realise i was on oprah, or is it montel?.. i just seen it as getting screwed every time i got gas, b/c of how redicilious prices are. i was just sticking it to the man who had been sticking it to me. again im sorry,

"Oprah...or Montel.................?

"Sticking it to the man"...............?"

I hate to interrupt your recitation of apprentice cliches, but what does redicilious (ready-silly-us) mean.........?

Don't say you're sorry to us.......

Take the money you owe the gas station. Drive there and say you're sorry to the guy (that) you fkn ripped off.....

Dr. Phil

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back