New owner

Lower your truck first then if you still can't get in go for the running boards

There's a grab handle inside too

Nice Clean truck ,, low mileage a huge plus ..
Tonneau cover , bed rug great choices .
The back end on the QC’s factory is a bit high and leveling is a good choice also ,, I used the lowering leaf spring shackles years ago . Bought them from JTSVP ( Tony AKA: Stinker from here. Great guy ! The shackles were perfect to level my truck and the cost was less than 100$ … simple install ! See pic ,, hope it’s not to dark .
I estimate the shackles dropped the rear around 1 inch !
View attachment 66248
Did it level with the front? Thanks for your help. I don’t think anyone has hauled an anything in the bed so bed rug will be installed.

Lower your truck first then if you still can't get in go for the running boards

There's a grab handle inside too
Hahaha ! Be careful with pulling yourself up using the grab handles .. they pull out .. Sandy and I checked out a yellow fever at a dealer one day and she , being short … grabbed the drivers side handle and oops it pulled off hahaha …the screws pulled out .

Did it level with the front? Thanks for your help. I don’t think anyone has hauled an anything in the bed so bed rug will be installed.
Not sure what you mean about leveling the front .. the shackles are for the rear where the back of the leaf spring connects to the frame … it has no affect on the front .. it levels the trucks rear closer to equal the same as the front ..

Not sure what you mean about leveling the front .. the shackles are for the rear where the back of the leaf spring connects to the frame … it has no affect on the front .. it levels the trucks rear closer to equal the same as the front ..
Did it bring the rear level with the front? I think that's the question ;)

Measures from fender to same tire spot front and rear and sits 1.5” higher in the rear with the lowering shackles . I can’t remember for sure how much the shackles lowered the rear from factory. Maybe someone with a stock QC can measure theirs and chime in .
Ground to fender measures ;
Front 35.5”
Rear 37”
Tires are 305-45-22
I will say the shackles made a visual difference !

Last edited:
Did it bring the rear level with the front? I think that's the question ;)
Yes , got it hahaha ,,, Post Ho’s trying to do to many things at once boggles the mind hahaha o_O:oops:

What is recommended for a tonneau cover?
Depends on whether you want a soft cover or hard cover. I have a very good condition Extang roll-up soft cover for a short bed available.
Hahaha ! Be careful with pulling yourself up using the grab handles .. they pull out .. Sandy and I checked out a yellow fever at a dealer one day and she , being short … grabbed the drivers side handle and oops it pulled off hahaha …the screws pulled out .
Yeah....that was actually something they addressed very well in the 4th gen platform. In the meantime I suggest these: https://www.genosgarage.com/product/imco-rpr-kit/interior-replacement-parts
If you put these on before breaking the A pillar handle, it reinforces it. After the fact just allows you to put it back on and not have to buy another one.

Depends on whether you want a soft cover or hard cover. I have a very good condition Extang roll-up soft cover for a short bed available.

Yeah....that was actually something they addressed very well in the 4th gen platform. In the meantime I suggest these: https://www.genosgarage.com/product/imco-rpr-kit/interior-replacement-parts
If you put these on before breaking the A pillar handle, it reinforces it. After the fact just allows you to put it back on and not have to buy another one.
Good to know there is something to fix that .. Dorman surprises me with odd things that seems nobody else considers ..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back