Quad Cab lowering Spring poll

how low to go

• Total voters

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Allright guys after many pms and such, I decided to let the masses tell the tell.

I was thinking of only going 1.25 on the springs for the QC's

but will let everyone decide what they want.

Please remember in the poll that you can always go a tad lower by modifying the spring, but ya cant go up:D

So let me know, and the one with the most points is what I will have them do:D

I voted 1.25 but 1.5 would be ok if no mods needed. My daily driver with lots of obsticals in concord. Gotta keep the chin a lil off tha ground for me at least.

I like mine the way it is ---stinker shackles leveled me to my likeing

Well lets ask a QC owner:D

The rear would drop aproximatly 4 inches with a flip, so I personally think that somewhere between a 1.25 and 1.5 would do.

Maybe do a little measuring and see what everyone thinks is best:D

i voted 1.25. trying to leave as much suspension there as possible.

my has flip kit 4.5 rear and 2 on front and the rear sits a little lower, i need a 3 in. lowering spring coil.or a longer adjustable shackle in rear, to raise to rear to level truck, measuring with a tape measure the rear is 1in. lower than front.

ndn01 said:
my has flip kit 4.5 rear and 2 on front and the rear sits a little lower, i need a 3 in. lowering spring coil.or a longer adjustable shackle in rear, to raise to rear to level truck, measuring with a tape measure the rear is 1in. lower than front.

Does your suspension ever bottom out on the bump stops?

Can someone give us a measurement on a stock quad cab from the top of the front tire to the outer lip of the front fender?

Hey stink

will your kit lower the back similar to boomer's , mine is at the highest setting at the back and its level with the front @ 1.5 inch ...i am afraid that if you lower only 1.25 the back will be lower than the front

Lowest possible (that make good sense)

So what would be the perfect height and still maintain the same handling or better than stock and not have the tires rub ever time you go over a bump or scrape the front spoiler ever time you pull into a gas station?
I have not lowered my QC yet wanting for input from those who have lowered there QC already.
Trucks that look nice Nowwhat,wazzzup,newmexicoviper,outnumbered,how low did each of these guys go and what issues,did they have to overcome,and whos kit did the use.
shocks QA1?
what if you tow how does that impact the truck do you need to bag the truck then ,who does a good kit for airbags.
Thanks for any help you can give the new guys .
Doug

Stinker said:
Can someone give us a measurement on a stock quad cab from the top of the front tire to the outer lip of the front fender?

Hey Stinker,I just measured the top of front tire to bottom outer lip in center on both sides and got 4 1/2" bang on! Hopefully this helps you out.:)

Ok , sorry for the delay guys, rough long night:D

but lets see if I can address all the Q's:D

first from what I understand if you go the full 2 inch drop or more, sometimes the wheel will hit the inner fendor, and some have been stopping that issue by installing QA1's and settting them at full tilt to stop the bottoming, thats why I have been doing the springs at a higher tension rate than stock springs.

now If the front is 4 1/2 inches and we go 1 1/2 lower that should leave about 3 inches travel, and like Hashash says , that should also make it level.

without bottoming issues.

We will probably have to use a shock on the rear, sincer there just isnt enough room on the oem shock for travel.

Ndno1 after studying your sig pic as best my old eyes can , i honeslty dont thinkk you have a 2/4 kit, the front jsut sits too high, I think you have the 1 inch front with a 4 flip out back,maybe you could take a few measurements and compare them with some here.

Maybe others can chime in with better eyes.:D

With going 1 1/2 inch lower in the front and 4 in the back that should keep enough travel to not bottom going into driveways an such,

but now on the towing issue, depends on what youtow, but Justin has a bag kit for the rear if you tow somehting heavy, i know on the QC I had, even at stock height I installed a bag kit, jsut because the QC springs in the rear are so weak.

also if we only go 1 1/2 in the front a person could easily go lower my modifying the spring and using the shackles on the rear to go a tad lower.
But remember:p that vibration issue may rear its ugly head;) if you go to low

Sorry if I am all over the place on this , jsut woke up:D

But this thread is awesome guys, thanks:rock: Hopefully we can get this ironed out and offer everyone a killer kit with no probs:rock:

So to look at things, 1 1/2 front, 4 in the back and a set of shocks in the rear.

366 maybe if ya take a measurement on the rear and reduce by those measurements would that be pretty much level?

Thanks for ya help on this bo:rock:

Just want to make sure everyone is hoppy happy:elefant: :D

I luv my lil elephant:D

Stinker said:
Ok , sorry for the delay guys, rough long night:D

but lets see if I can address all the Q's:D

first from what I understand if you go the full 2 inch drop or more, sometimes the wheel will hit the inner fendor, and some have been stopping that issue by installing QA1's and settting them at full tilt to stop the bottoming, thats why I have been doing the springs at a higher tension rate than stock springs.

now If the front is 4 1/2 inches and we go 1 1/2 lower that should leave about 3 inches travel, and like Hashash says , that should also make it level.

without bottoming issues.

We will probably have to use a shock on the rear, sincer there just isnt enough room on the oem shock for travel.

Ndno1 after studying your sig pic as best my old eyes can , i honeslty dont thinkk you have a 2/4 kit, the front jsut sits too high, I think you have the 1 inch front with a 4 flip out back,maybe you could take a few measurements and compare them with some here.

Maybe others can chime in with better eyes.:D

With going 1 1/2 inch lower in the front and 4 in the back that should keep enough travel to not bottom going into driveways an such,

but now on the towing issue, depends on what youtow, but Justin has a bag kit for the rear if you tow somehting heavy, i know on the QC I had, even at stock height I installed a bag kit, jsut because the QC springs in the rear are so weak.

also if we only go 1 1/2 in the front a person could easily go lower my modifying the spring and using the shackles on the rear to go a tad lower.
But remember:p that vibration issue may rear its ugly head;) if you go to low

Sorry if I am all over the place on this , jsut woke up:D

But this thread is awesome guys, thanks:rock: Hopefully we can get this ironed out and offer everyone a killer kit with no probs:rock:

So to look at things, 1 1/2 front, 4 in the back and a set of shocks in the rear.

366 maybe if ya take a measurement on the rear and reduce by those measurements would that be pretty much level?

Thanks for ya help on this bo:rock:

Just want to make sure everyone is hoppy happy:elefant: :D

I luv my lil elephant:D

Hey stinker another measurement for ya.
I just measured the rear ,top of wheels to bottom of outer fender is just a hair under 7 1/2" (bout 7 3/8"):rock:

Yellow venom 366 said:
Hey stinker another measurement for ya.
I just measured the rear ,top of wheels to bottom of outer fender is just a hair under 7 1/2" (bout 7 3/8"):rock:

so that would make it jsut about right then, 1 1.5 in the front would leave 3 inches between the tire and fender in the front.
and in the rear with a 4 drop it should leave 3 1/2 approximatley in the rear, so that would be jsut aobut perfect?

thanks dude you rock:rock:

and that would still leave plenty of suspension travel too.

what yuns think?:D

Yellow venom 366 said:
Sounds like it should work! Now the tuff part! $$$........! LOL!

Exactly...looking for a one stop kit that I don't have to fix things on.....install it and be done....tell me the $$$$

--wes

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back