2001 Porsche Carerra vs VenomousQC

VENOMOUS1 RACING

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
Unfortunately no video as it was not anticipated we would race. :(
The result, it was a very close race with me taking the jump and holding it the entire time to 135 ish, yet I was barely inching away and him never leaving the side of my truck. Pulled over and chatted and he was super impressed at how the truck led him to the gas station we pulled into. He really was astounded to learn it wasn't a SC or nitrous Hemi, lol but rather a Bolt Ons Viper engine. Of course he asked why I chose to install this engine versus SC the stock Hemi, haha :D
He assured me it would have been so much cheaper and how he'd done it and his truck ran mid 12s. in a RC. I assured him my engine was factory issued and had run a 12.1 with bolt ons and he was speechless. It was a non turbo car so I was feeling not as proud after he told me but hey, a Porsche is a Porsche. ;-)
I do have a friend with a Panomera that wants to race and I assure you it will be on video :) It'll be a close race :dontknow:

Last edited:
Couldn't have been a stock Porsche because I walk all over my co-worker's 01 Carrera. Did he say what he had done to the car?

Couldn't have been a stock Porsche because I walk all over my co-worker's 01 Carrera. Did he say what he had done to the car?

He didn't say any mods, he was mid 50's I'd say and I specifically asked if it wS a turbo and he said no. There was no walking at all, he stayed by my rear bumper and literally only fell back inches at a time. I did notice his little wing pop up in my rear view. I'm with you, I looked the car up earlier and it says a high 12's car but that lil thing ran. In pretty sure it was stock as even the exhaust was quiet and when we got to the gas station his cats were stinking fiercely :)

Nice kill

At the end of the day, whether he's modded or not, its still a Porsche and he got beat by a 4 door truck

Last edited:
The carrara's aren't that fast really, the 911 turbo's and gt2's are the quick ones, but they're not all that quick either. Our trucks won't walk a stock one [ 911 turbo ] but a gen3 + viper will.

I can talk, my wife drives a 911 turbo. I absolutely hate the car but it is quick 0 - 100, after that not so much.

The carrara's aren't that fast really, the 911 turbo's and gt2's are the quick ones, but they're not all that quick either. Our trucks won't walk a stock one [ 911 turbo ] but a gen3 + viper will.

I can talk, my wife drives a 911 turbo. I absolutely hate the car but it is quick 0 - 100, after that not so much.

I can say it's faster than new 5.0s, Camaros, SRT Chargers and Challys, of which I normally walk by. Really not sure if it really did have a turbo and he didn't know his car or if it's simply the lightweight that made him hang:dontknow:

I purposefully looked at the rear to see what model it was and all I saw was "Carerra" ? No "Carerra S" no " Turbo" nada.
I know it's also a 15 year old car with 4 less cylinders but I honestly was astounded he kept up. I figured a plain flat 6 couldn't hang but was mistaken.

I purposefully looked at the rear to see what model it was and all I saw was "Carerra" ? No "Carerra S" no " Turbo" nada.
I know it's also a 15 year old car with 4 less cylinders but I honestly was astounded he kept up. I figured a plain flat 6 couldn't hang but was mistaken.

Those plain flat 6's make pretty close to 400hp and more in the newer ones, not sure about a 2001 but I'll bet it's 375+. A 2011 turbo makes 500.

2001 they are the heavier water cooled ones, the earlier 90's ones were air cooled.

They weigh right around 3500lbs for an "S" which is also AWD, lighter for a 2WD model. Like I said from 0 - 100 fairly quick, but go a little more and you'll see the no replacement for displacement thing.

Oh and it's a factory option to delete the "turbo" badging so you can't always go by that :D

--CC

Those plain flat 6's make pretty close to 400hp and more in the newer ones, not sure about a 2001 but I'll bet it's 375+. A 2011 turbo makes 500.

2001 they are the heavier water cooled ones, the earlier 90's ones were air cooled.

They weigh right around 3500lbs for an "S" which is also AWD, lighter for a 2WD model. Like I said from 0 - 100 fairly quick, but go a little more and you'll see the no replacement for displacement thing.

Oh and it's a factory option to delete the "turbo" badging so you can't always go by that :D

--CC

Interesting. You're right though, usually my instant torque that carries across the rpm band keeps me ahead but in this case we were side by side until around 100 like you said where I barely crept up ahead. Definitely wasn't all wheel drive as he fishtailed like me when we took off.
I'm still stoked I beat a Porsche. Looking forward to this Panomera run. What are your thoughts on this race?

At least i can say that the Panamera Turbo S 1/4 mile time is 11.5 @ 127mph

The other models should be either a good race or an easy task.....

Have fun

At least i can say that the Panamera Turbo S 1/4 mile time is 11.5 @ 127mph

The other models should be either a good race or an easy task.....

Have fun

I know it's Turbo, stock and I thought AWD. It'll be fun regardless. I don't mind losing on occasion, although it sucks. Haha

Interesting. You're right though, usually my instant torque that carries across the rpm band keeps me ahead but in this case we were side by side until around 100 like you said where I barely crept up ahead. Definitely wasn't all wheel drive as he fishtailed like me when we took off.
I'm still stoked I beat a Porsche. Looking forward to this Panomera run. What are your thoughts on this race?

You'll probably need a Roe blower or a turbo kit. You're looking at an 12 flat to high/mid 11 sec car with serious traction and quite possibly launch controls, depends on his options list, and he won't miss gears.

Good luck !

--CC

You'll probably need a Roe blower or a turbo kit. You're looking at an 12 flat to high/mid 11 sec car with serious traction and quite possibly launch controls, depends on his options list, and he won't miss gears.

Good luck !

--CC

Thanks CC. We run close times and it won't be a dig race as I won't hookup so we are gonna roll at a couple different speeds. He don't go to the track with it ;(

I dont understand how this was a close race, this year Carerra makes 300hp and 258lb trq weighs about 3000 lbs. Im sure it had to be modded if you beat down 5.0's and SS's with ease. They run the 1/4 in 12.9.

My srt6 is faster then a carrera but then again its faster then my truck as well, but it is modded.

I dont understand how this was a close race, this year Carerra makes 300hp and 258lb trq weighs about 3000 lbs. Im sure it had to be modded if you beat down 5.0's and SS's with ease. They run the 1/4 in 12.9.

My srt6 is faster then a carrera but then again its faster then my truck as well, but it is modded.

I run the 1/4 in 12.1 ish so I dunno but I do know the outcome. If I see him again I'll dig deeper :)

Scott was it a c4??

Thewelshm

Bud I didn't notice anything but "Carrera" and seeing his wing pop up in my side view mirror. He didn't say the year model, yet said it was a "Not bad for a 14 year old Porsche" lol
I made the assumption of a 2001. My truck is loud but never heard a whistle from a turbo although his engine was about where my side exit exhaust comes out.

Bud I didn't notice anything but "Carrera" and seeing his wing pop up in my side view mirror. He didn't say the year model, yet said it was a "Not bad for a 14 year old Porsche" lol
I made the assumption of a 2001. My truck is loud but never heard a whistle from a turbo although his engine was about where my side exit exhaust comes out.

You won't hear a turbo whistle on a late model Porsche. They are a pretty small housing and they spin really high rpm's. P does a pretty good job of muffling that down.

Some of the after market kits whistle but late model factory not so much.

Easiest way to tell a late model factory turbo is the intercooler inlets are just above and in front of the rear wheels. If that's closed off then NA, if those vents are open then factory turbo.

--CC

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back