C7 vs SRT10

caveman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ran a C7 Corvette last night. The car sounded awesome and looked even better. We only had enough road for one 30mph pull. I let him have the hit and still pulled him by 2 car lengths. I let off at 60mph. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to win that one.

The brand new Vette that's barely hit dealers? Or a C6? Regardless as a Vette lover I still enjoy their face when I pass em. :adore:

The brand new Vette that's barely hit dealers? Or a C6? Regardless as a Vette lover I still enjoy their face when I pass em. :adore:
Not a C6, a C7 as barely hit the dealers. I've seen four or five of them here, actually. Did I mention that it was LOUD?

Good kill bro I love when our trucks beat them small sport cars :rock:
Thanks, Homes!

Wow I haven't seen any at all yet, they are loud becaust the muffler has a valve that opens at a preset rpm and its pretty much straight pipe at that point(3500ish tom I think) crazy that you best him, stock they are putting 415-420 to the wheels

Wow I haven't seen any at all yet, they are loud becaust the muffler has a valve that opens at a preset rpm and its pretty much straight pipe at that point(3500ish tom I think) crazy that you best him, stock they are putting 415-420 to the wheels
The driver and his passenger were both very large fellows, so the car was a little heavier than most. Still, I didn't expect to win. My theory is that his car was an automatic and that when he got the go he manually shifted it into a lower gear, as he got on it, causing a delay as the transmission hunted for the correct gear. Total speculation, but it would explain why I pulled him so hard.

Sounds made up :D
I know you're kidding, but it does sound made up. It wasn't though. I'm honest about my wins (Challys, Camaros, diesels, etc) and my losses, (Boosted fox body 'Stang, TT Durmax, and stockish Honda). There's no glory in making up stories for my interwebz homies.

Last edited:
Ran a C7 Corvette last night. The car sounded awesome and looked even better. We only had enough road for one 30mph pull. I let him have the hit and still pulled him by 2 car lengths. I let off at 60mph. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to win that one.

Good job. Since I still fairly new, I'm wondering what mods you have on your truck.

Nice, you should try a 50mph pull in second with a 150 shot. My truck takes off like a mofo. Stories like yours make other Vette owners leery of racing our trucks. ;):burnout::burnout:

Nice, you should try a 50mph pull in second with a 150 shot. My truck takes off like a mofo. Stories like yours make other Vette owners leery of racing our trucks. ;):burnout::burnout:

Rick, how's it going bud. Hoping to run into you guys again in Scottsdale this winter. Just curious, what size bottle do you run, and how many passes do you get out of it spraying a 150 shot?

Try a 200 shot on slicks in 2nd....you end up in the on coming lane of traffic:D

Rick, how's it going bud. Hoping to run into you guys again in Scottsdale this winter. Just curious, what size bottle do you run, and how many passes do you get out of it spraying a 150 shot?
I get about five passes out of a ten pound bottle. Keep us updated on when you'll be coming to Phx area.

Good kill Cave. 30-60mph is a 2 second race and if he got the hit on you (5 feet), then you likely had to gain 20-25 feet on him for the 2 lengths lead....in spite of him already accelerating before you. That is some explosive acceleration and traction.

Good kill Cave. 30-60mph is a 2 second race and if he got the hit on you (5 feet), then you likely had to gain 20-25 feet on him for the 2 lengths lead....in spite of him already accelerating before you. That is some explosive acceleration and traction.

At 6000+ DA, it's closer to a 3 or 4 second race. lol. I didn't wait to see him go, I heard him and stood on it. He never pulled a single foot on me. As I said, it was a very loud car, so it wasn't hard to hear. And the fact that he got on it and never went anywhere, is what makes me think the car was a poorly driven auto. As far as traction, if you can break a decent set of tires loose, in second gear, at 30mph, I'd like to see video of you doing it. The only person I've seen do that was Stewart, and he had 700+HP :D.

The 'Vette did try to race one more time a little further up the road, but I wasn't comfortable with the circumstances (traffic, road, etc), so I opted for the thumbs up and waved him along.

As stated, Jeffy, I don't make up race stories. I merely report them as they happened.

The one thing that my '10 has taught me is that racing is 80% driver, 20% vehicle. I've had 16 second vehicles beat me and I've had success against 10 second cars. It's all about selecting conditions that are favorable, then feeding the vehicle the correct input.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back