Continued from 2007 ... GO DOW GO!!

And the beat goes on .....

Pun intended

So different from just three months ago. This is definitely a very long term thing. Only other way is the traders way and that's scary in itself. The party pooper likes that much better :eek:

But is big time boo on the whole market at this moment
NVDA STINKS ! The smell is growing more and more . As for long term it’s not in my cards .. To high at this time and I don’t believe the growth is worth the risk in the long run ! I think AMD is the better option for growth with some other chip companies being even better over time ..

One must IMO be interested in the market itself and want to follow some companies and learn the lingo and how earnings, job reports, interest rates, all the tax implications, cost averaging, specific lots etc etc etc in order to be able to actually invest. If one isn't interested in any of that then it's way to much and overwhelming - i can understand that. However, I'm the kind that likes to learn lots of complex things even if I'll never fully understand it so it keeps me intrigued. I'll keep learning I think it's fun

Maybe I'm a sicko hahahaha
Most of those thing are built in , in the brokers platforms .. easy to check on and do the work for you ! You already have the understanding of those things that most retail doesn’t even understand or know about …
You just need to get your feet wet .

And in learning you also figure out the chatter and noise and the analysts are not your friends! Then there's the good ol emotions that wanna kick in on top of it all!! Hahahaha geez wonder why everyone isn't thrilled lol lol
Emotions have no place in the market .. but it happens to all … I just yell at my iPad screen and cuss the bigs lol .

Most of those thing are built in , in the brokers platforms .. easy to check on and do the work for you ! You already have the understanding of those things that most retail doesn’t even understand or know about …
You just need to get your feet wet .
Yep. working on the party pooper to be on board. Very overly cautious for whatever reason. But never give up! Hahahaha

Many many many years ago when they first came out my work at the time offered 401k and matched the amount. Unfortunately then i knew zero and it was a folder with a colorful pie chart on it and a prospectus hahahaha!! That was my knowledge. I knew there was a couple of categories to choose from and then whoever the people were managed it all
Yep and it’s still the same way ! A 401 , 403b etc are a basic start IMO for investing for anyone that has no knowledge of markets. It’s all done for them ,,, Choose your pie , aggressive, moderate , conservative blah blah blah ! But no matter what those types of accounts are managed as a group by the brokers . They in no way cater to the individual accounts .. That’s what made me decide to do it on my own with a plan of building my own 401k clone . I even looked at a couple peoples I know 401’s and 403b managed accounts statements to see what the managers actually invested in .. So I began there when I became serious about the markets .

I talked to many people about investing and 99.9% of the people know nothing except they may have a 401k or something .. No idea of what goes on and they don’t even understand or check their statements . THEY DONT EVEN KNOW THAT THEIR MONEY IS ACTUALLY IN THE MARKETS . SAD BUT TRUE ! I

Yep and it’s still the same way ! A 401 , 403b etc are a basic start IMO for investing for anyone that has no knowledge of markets. It’s all done for them ,,, Choose your pie , aggressive, moderate , conservative blah blah blah ! But no matter what those types of accounts are managed as a group by the brokers . They in no way cater to the individual accounts .. That’s what made me decide to do it on my own with a plan of building my own 401k clone . I even looked at a couple peoples I know 401’s and 403b managed accounts statements to see what the managers actually invested in .. So I began there when I became serious about the markets .

I talked to many people about investing and 99.9% of the people know nothing except they may have a 401k or something .. No idea of what goes on and they don’t even understand or check their statements . THEY DONT EVEN KNOW THAT THEIR MONEY IS ACTUALLY IN THE MARKETS . SAD BUT TRUE ! I
Very true! You did well by taking out on. Being on the know if your oen situation is KEY!

Yep. working on the party pooper to be on board. Very overly cautious for whatever reason. But never give up! Hahahaha
Tell him to use Charmin .. It’s softener to the touch and more absorbent lol .
That’s the reason I keep saying start small ,, get the feet wet and pic less risk positions .. it is a game of Pennie’s .

Tell him to use Charmin .. It’s softener to the touch and more absorbent lol .
That’s the reason I keep saying start small ,, get the feet wet and pic less risk positions .. it is a game of Pennie’s .
Doesn't see the Pennie's theory. thinks cuz he's old that takes forever. Well it does take time. After November 5 things will change - :p

Very true! You did well by taking out on. Being on the know if your oen situation is KEY!
I try to understand not only what I’m doing but what other people are doing .. the other people need to learn and understand the simple things at the least about their money .. I like the idea of my money working for me and not me working ( killing myself ) for money .. every penny made in the market is a penny more than I have ..

A penny gained is a penny earned …. He’s not young and I understand that part .. But I’m not to wait 30 years to be a multi billionaire lol .. I’m in it to cover expenses of whatever it may be .. Birthday fund , Christmas fund , cover all my bills through the year , vacation fund , a new vehicle etc .. doing that doesn’t take a life time of investing .. invest only within your means and build it .. heck depending on your finacial situation and free cash flow you can make money for something .. I was making several thousand in cash and reinvesting within the first couple years .. I was working at the time and my learning curve was a flat line lol … took high risks ,, won some and bagged others but always held till the reds went green ,, some took a while though lol . I was determined not to sell in the red till I realized the bigs sell off positions EOY for tax loss purposes which helped on all my income with a deduction. My plan change over time as I learned and found tricks of the trade which improved income more rapidly.. I started out with very little ,, not even a 1000$ … building my div income positions and making some decent flips and swings for bigger money back then .. Heck , think I mentioned previously that my first trade was a BIO pharma small company ( Bio’s are notorious for big time volatility , I didn’t know that at the time lol ) . But I made 863$ in less than 3 days trading it ,, yes I even sold and chased it again , twice lol .. then I stopped after the last sell of . The company then dropped like a falling knife and finally about a year later they were gone .. Believe me even winning taught me a real life lesson on the markets …

I’m pissed at an article I read this morning on a big dump I was forced to do on FTR years ago when they extinguished all common share in their Bankruptcy…

The reason they went bankrupt was because they bought FIOS FROM Verizon which had a BS programming problem Verizon didn’t disclose .. law suit went on and I believe verzon won the case for who knows what , where ,when or why ….. Causing FTR TO GO STRIAGHT TO H E DOUBLE TOOTHPICKS … Now Verizon is buying FTR FOR 20 billion…

I’m pissed at an article I read this morning on a big dump I was forced to do on FTR years ago when they extinguished all common share in their Bankruptcy…

The reason they went bankrupt was because they bought FIOS FROM Verizon which had a BS programming problem Verizon didn’t disclose .. law suit went on and I believe verzon won the case for who knows what , where ,when or why ….. Causing FTR TO GO STRIAGHT TO H E DOUBLE TOOTHPICKS … Now Verizon is buying FTR FOR 20 billion…
I saw that. Years ago we were serviced by Verizon then for whatever reason i can't remember we suddenly were serviced by frontier. I do not like frontier. At all. Either way now Verizon is buying frontier so I'm wondering if our service goes back to Verizon. We had a local office when it was Verizon now there is no office and service outages often yada yada yada. Guess will know in 18 months or so

the acquisitions are many and go way back like most do but this is what i remember

1993D1F7-8232-4F29-B663-F7E539411A51.jpeg

It probably means Costs will go up and service will suck more lol
Probably.. My opinion on this sale ,, FTR should be required to reimburse everyone when the extinguished the shares .. that should never be allowed !

Back