Engine I.D. - where is it located?

Someone smarter than me might chime in.

Now I’m really messed up.
From the post Wifey posted, they say the Engine I.D. is located on the lower front right side near the oil pressure sensor.
The Vin is located on the rear of the engine below the head.
The picture I posted from the parts manual shows the engine I.D, on the rear of the engine. So that throws another wrench in the mix.
I just can’t believe I can’t find a picture anywhere of both of these numbers…

From the post Wifey posted, they say the Engine I.D. is located on the lower front right side near the oil pressure sensor.
The picture I posted from the parts manual shows the engine I.D, on the rear of the engine. So that throws another wrench in the mix.
Keeping in mind though that what I posted was from the Viper car Forum - I'm assuming that the engines are the same in the car and the truck. If they aren't, then my post will be incorrect ... this is the thread. I'm also not positive it is for gen 3

Last edited:
Keeping in mind though that what I posted was from the Viper car Forum
Totally understand. I would think the numbers would be the same location on both Viper cars or trucks.
I just wonder if the parts manual is just a typo where they put ”Left” when it should be “right”.

Totally understand. I would think the numbers would be the same location on both Viper cars or trucks.
I just wonder if the parts manual is just a typo where they put ”Left” when it should be “right”.
That makes sense that it could be a typo! Are you able to get to that location on either black or silver while they're waiting for the next step?

Get under there with a flamelike and use your cell with flash and try to take pics of those areas .. maybe you get them .. self’s sticks may help lol

How about calling a scrape yard and seeing what they can tell you ?

X2 builders?
That’s the one lol ,, I couldn’t think of the damn name .. it was right on the tip of my tongue though and my flashlight batteries were dead .

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back