Finally installed the dash cover

VIPR PWR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally put the felt strips on the new dash cover last night and installed the cover on the 10 this morning .
Turn out decent , but i’m not 100% satisfied with the fit .. Might just be me or the product and possibly those felt strip should have not been used ??? ! Or possibly i’m just being Anal this morning . At first it didn't seem to want to line up with 1 of the clips but a longer thing screw driver push the clip into the hole ..
the colors is a close match but cant remember if it was the same as the factory cover ( i think the factory was also a slightly different tone) .
Cell phone pics and the sun appears to make for crappy pictures , color changes everytime i take a pic ..

IMG_0983.jpeg
IMG_0986.jpeg

The comparison of the old and new dash cover ..

IMG_0781.jpeg

Old dash cover … trying to compare the fit in the pictures …I should have taking better pics!
IMG_0864.jpeg

But for 47$ instead of 400$ if you can get one from the dealer or a used one .. I’m more than satisfied !

From what i understand Dodge has had a major problem with dash covers cracking and breaking apart .seems a lot on the Rams ! IMO the problem is the cheap ass type of plastic used . the new one I bought is supposedly made using a better type of plastic and not as acceptable to damage from the heat and sun . Only time will tell , bit Im going to be getting a carpet dash cover and all windows will have sun protectors . BRING BACK LEE IACOCCA and quality ( plus )control .. cheap ass plastic sucks !

It looks good! Hard to tell what is not lining up (without the red circles to point it out) lol lol

The fit will probably improve after it settles in. And for the price you can't go wrong! A dash mat will cover it and keep it protected and window covers definitely work.

It looks good! Hard to tell what is not lining up (without the red circles to point it out) lol lol

The fit will probably improve after it settles in. And for the price you can't go wrong! A dash mat will cover it and keep it protected and window covers definitely work.
Thats the plan ..
The fit comparing the pics looks the same to me .. .. I just happened to look at the vin number thru the windshield because it appeared the dash cover might be covering the vin .. damn , I couldn't see the vin with my eyes .. I took a pic and enlarged ot on my ipad .. Its there lol .

I think I have found a way to solve the problem of my truck bed with the cover filling up with water ….
A neighbor was redoing a rental property and there were som 1 by 8 boards being tossed in the trash .. 2 of them long enough to fit across the truck bed rails 2 short pieces to put across the 2 plank about 10 inches apart . Then further near the cab , I used my new floor jack box , 2 parts and set them under the truck cover also .. we just got a hard down pour .

IMG_0988.jpeg

There you go red circles added lol

IMG_0955.jpeg

And you got a double quote out of that one hahahaha

I think I have found a way to solve the problem of my truck bed with the cover filling up with water ….
A neighbor was redoing a rental property and there were som 1 by 8 boards being tossed in the trash .. 2 of them long enough to fit across the truck bed rails 2 short pieces to put across the 2 plank about 10 inches apart . Then further near the cab , I used my new floor jack box , 2 parts and set them under the truck cover also .. we just got a hard down pour .

View attachment 66600
Looks like it's doing the job!

So it does NOT make sense that whoever designs these covers wouldn't take this issue into consideration. Would seem that a support pole likefor a tent could be incorporated.

OR have it slope off the back of the cab - think Cybertruck - so the water would run off

Looks like it's doing the job!

So it does NOT make sense that whoever designs these covers wouldn't take this issue into consideration. Would seem that a support pole likefor a tent could be incorporated.

OR have it slope off the back of the cab - think Cybertruck - so the water would run off
Yes its working fine right now ! I did search the internet and did see a pole type device .. but using that would worry ke about flapping around and ripping the cover and possibly the cyber truck look would cause the same thing by stretching it also and still need some center devices to lift evenly ..
the best option is a piece of plywood that covers the bed or about 5 more planks like the ones I am using now .. similar to a Tonneau cover .

Yes its working fine right now ! I did search the internet and did see a pole type device .. but using that would worry ke about flapping around and ripping the cover and possibly the cyber truck look would cause the same thing by stretching it also and still need some center devices to lift evenly ..
the best option is a piece of plywood that covers the bed or about 5 more planks like the ones I am using now .. similar to a Tonneau cover .
Ahhh yes! Makes sense :D

Yes it does .. Now with the proper tools and type f materials chosen ,, It sure seems someone could easily make a very nice custom Tonneau a lot cheaper than the cost of those things on the market .

Yes it does .. Now with the proper tools and type f materials chosen ,, It sure seems someone could easily make a very nice custom Tonneau a lot cheaper than the cost of those things on the market .
!!! Yes !!! Wonder if your Neighbor woukd gripe about a project like that!! Haha

Maybe fiberglass if one knew how to do it
I know how to do the fiberglass but its time consuming and more than I would think about doing .. there is a vid that a guy was doing fiberglass.
I wouldn't mind trying one using Stainless steel r that stuff that rusts Aluminum lol :eek::p.. or possibly plexiglass with a huge Fang logo on it or cut out ! I even thought about using that table top epoxy resins and installing lights and a design of some kind . That is some cool stuff .. check out what people do with resins .. my guess is its very heavy though !

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back