Looking For A Dodge Dealer That Has A SRT8

If you pay more than low $30K for an SRT8 Magnum you paid way too much....I think they are awesome lookin but the reason Dodge dropped them was because they would not sell.....on another note the SRT Magnum may be that hard to find collector car in the future...lowest production of the 8s....;)

Stinker, that is the one I am currently lookin' at!!! I too think it is a steal but my "loving" wife said no red!

In her defense, my last red car I almost died in, and the one before that I got 11 speeding tickets in. Maybe she is just afraid, but that is still a hell of a deal!

TNViper, I noticed that they had ultra low numbers but I plan to drive it. I just think that the low numbers makes the '08 owners want extra money just cause.

5 0 my buddies mom has an 07 SRT8 Mag black fully loaded with about 5000 miles on it...she wants to get rid of it because she also has an 04 Harley Davidson F150 SC that she babied and it still looks in show room condition..I'll find out if you're interested...

You might want to talk to our friends over on the SRT Connection...they have a lot of Maggie owners there. Great group of people there that are really supportive of VTCOA.

5_0_BAIT said:
Stinker, that is the one I am currently lookin' at!!! I too think it is a steal but my "loving" wife said no red!

In her defense, my last red car I almost died in, and the one before that I got 11 speeding tickets in. Maybe she is just afraid, but that is still a hell of a deal!

If you buy any 06 Maggie, make sure applicable TSB's are up to date, if needed. A couple of the notable ones are coolant change, flush and replacement of the coolant tank, brake rotor replacement w/slotted and a TCM programming update. Here's a list of the TSB's.

http://www.srt8oc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3281

Don't trust CarFax as a sole indicator of condition/history. Have the vehicle inspected by a reputable and knowledgeable shop or Dodge dealer. The Dodge dealer may be able to pull the service history. When I was searching for my 10, I found a lot of vehicles out there, although they were nice looking, had the living soul beaten out of them or were involved in an accident and reconstructed.

2008 was the last year for the Magnum and Magnum SRT8 production was really low. I understand not a lot of dealers purchased them for their inventory. Many were ordered from the factory for a specific customer.

Good luck with your search. If I see anything or hear of any other sources, I'll drop you a PM.

5_0_BAIT said:
Kickinassrt-10 find out how much she is asking. I am definitely interested. Thanks.
I will find out today for you...I'm trying to get a hold of my buddy

My buddies bone stock 2007 Magnum SRT-8 put down 344 hp to the wheels at the Hot Rod power tour dyno max dyno challenge nice car.I've only seen 1 2008 black it had factory hood scoop nice rides

Hey John (FastRam) How do you know if the TSB's have been done? I can look at the Rotors, but the coolant thing and the front end (some part can't remember)? The only way I know is to have a dealer look it's history up. Any other way?

Tryin' to convince my wife to let me get a red one (almost there) That one on carmax seems like a great deal and it will only cost me $200 to get it here locally to drive / inspect it. I found a really nice 2007 for 23,900 but it is all the way in IL.:(

5_0_BAIT said:
Kickinassrt-10 find out how much she is asking. I am definitely interested. Thanks.
Sorry 5_0 I talked to her earlier....she sold it about a week ago with 6,200mi for just under $24K! Said it was a stage III, do they make those on that car? By the way I read on wikicars that they classify this as a truck and there is no new gas guzzler tax! Good luck in the search, this would of been an awesome buy!

5_0_BAIT said:
Hey John (FastRam) How do you know if the TSB's have been done? I can look at the Rotors, but the coolant thing and the front end (some part can't remember)? The only way I know is to have a dealer look it's history up. Any other way?
Look inside the pressure tank, if you see a milky residue built up on the inside of the tank, then the tank needs to be replaced and the whole cooling system has to be flushed. if not you will get an ammonia smell in the cabin.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back