Need a Cummins!!

Psycho Mythic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm down to 4 days a week at the plant so I've picked up a second job delivering empty enclosed trailors across the states (for Fridays - Sundays). I need a good cummins QC to work with, and not with a ton of miles, anyone know of any?

Buy a 7.3l powerstroke if you're doing long hauls. Way more reliable and a lot better on gas. Not to mention you can pick a nice one up for under $8k

Psycho Mythic said:
Well I'm down to 4 days a week at the plant so I've picked up a second job delivering empty enclosed trailors across the states (for Fridays - Sundays). I need a good cummins QC to work with, and not with a ton of miles, anyone know of any?

Got A Friend At Work With A Dark Blue 2009 Quad Cab Cummins Dually, With 70,000 Miles, Priced To Me For $30,000...
PM If Interested And I'll Put You In Touch... :rock:

if its going to see freeway, get a stick and a jake brake. you'll thank me later. any cummins will pull what you need

I have a lead on a sweet 08 f350 that can be had in the low 30's for a quick sale. A VERY nice truck that the guy wants to move. Located in CT.

Thanks for the input guys, in looking to stay under 20k for sure, I found a few good qc duallys for around 14k, and I'd rather not buy a ford.

And why a stick? I was looking forward to an automatic for long hauls...

viperhauler said:
got anything left:dontknow:

:D :D

I have taken 3 Oxycodone tonight and my back still hurts like a mofo :(

Cody, if you could find an older 2004-2005 5.9 Cummins with low miles I would take it over the new crap they came out with.

How did that Oil gauge and pod work out for ya?

Psycho Mythic said:
Thanks for the input guys, in looking to stay under 20k for sure, I found a few good qc duallys for around 14k, and I'd rather not buy a ford.

And why a stick? I was looking forward to an automatic for long hauls...

i LOVE my cummins, but buy a auto, you'll be needing a rebuild after your first hill. a stick will hold better, downgrade better, and have much more control of the load. look at compititiondiesel.com, down in the classifids theres alot of trucks, pm me if you have any questions

The gauge and pod are great, thanks!!

I'm gonna call my bro tomorrow about the trannies, he rebuilds them for a living and could tell me a bit more about them. But I know he said the standards hold up well...

I've been looking for a Lil while now, and it seems the only 2 things dodge made that holds value is a deisel truck and the jeep wrangler! If you do go ford stick with the 7.3, the 6.0 is a money pit!

I would for sure stick with a cummins,best on fuel by far! I have an '06 and love it,it pulls like crazy,All I have done is the K&N and the exhaust,All the Fords and Chevs I know are horible on fuel,make sure you get an '04.5 or newer (higher HP rating and more aftermarket stufff available for them too)

kickinassrt-10 said:
Buy a 7.3l powerstroke if you're doing long hauls. Way more reliable and a lot better on gas. Not to mention you can pick a nice one up for under $8k

i hope you where kidding. a powerjoke. How many ford motors has there been since 1990. cummins? two. thats for a reason. The 07 and below auto's are not that good for long hauls. The nv5600 6 speed is a good tranny. the newer model aisain/dodge 6 speed auto is a great tranny. the older 03 - 05 autos should not have a "jake" brake because of the lock up converter. i thought about selling mine 04 qc 4x4 but just can't do it. good luck finding one

Well i found one i like, an 03 QC Dually 3500 cummins, 111K miles, 6 speed manual, $13k...sound like a good deal to you guys?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back