on going Saga

shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of you know of my bad gas episode, changing the cam and crank sensors and draining the tank. Well, the 10 is running really well but at 75 mph or 60 (any speed above 40)I let off the gas and the rpm goes to 1200 and surges to 2000 a couple of times then settles at 750, the idling speed. Ok, what did I change that could have caused this problem? I know, I know, you guys did not think I had that kind of reasoning power left.

I do not believe the 2 sensors could be doing this so the only other thing is the Mopar locking gas cap. Put the old one on and the problem went away, put the locking back on and surge started again, put the OEM on and all is well. :rock: Our gas systems seem to be very particular as to the gas cap---read sealed system. :dontknow:

Gonna leave the locking cap off and see if Dr. Viper can wire my security alarm up to the gas cap cover. Maybe a neon light transformer. :chain:

With the price of premium fuel these days I'm surprised everybody doesn't have locking gas caps. I do along with LoJack..just too many dirt bags out there to ruin your day.

With the price of premium fuel these days I'm surprised everybody doesn't have locking gas caps. I do along with LoJack..just too many dirt bags out there to ruin your day.
Interesting perspective. I usually leave my keys in the ignition. Each to their own, I guess. :)

Interesting perspective. I usually leave my keys in the ignition. Each to their own, I guess. :)

LOL. I have done that many times. I dont have to worry abou t gas theft because they have to own something that gas goes in to make it worth anything to them :D

I have to spread my time equally between half a dozen forums. You guys can't have all my funnies.

Ih8mud.com Land cruiser forum
Watchtalkforum, for Lum-Tec watches.
VTXOA motorcycle
VTX Cafe same
VTCOA
Club Lexus
Few others I don't frequent much

Ih8mud.com Land cruiser forum
Watchtalkforum, for Lum-Tec watches.
VTXOA motorcycle
VTX Cafe same
VTCOA
Club Lexus
Few others I don't frequent much

Starts signing up for forums where he can troll SRTHOR.... :creep:

LoJack? Pfff if someone steals mine I dont want it back! Good excuse to find another one :D

Back