SRT-10 Dana 60 Questions

Dodgeballs

Reaction score
Been asking around on different forums - nobody has been able to give me an answer yet...

I have a SRT-10 Dana 60. I was wondering if the differential/ring&pinion are interchangeable with a 1970 Chrysler Dana. I think both year's axles are 35 spline. Or are the innards unique to the SRT-10 truck Dana? Something maybe about different bearing sizes?

Any help is appreciated.

Been asking around on different forums - nobody has been able to give me an answer yet...

I have a SRT-10 Dana 60. I was wondering if the differential/ring&pinion are interchangeable with a 1970 Chrysler Dana. I think both year's axles are 35 spline. Or are the innards unique to the SRT-10 truck Dana? Something maybe about different bearing sizes?

Any help is appreciated.

I assume your 1970 Chrysler Dana is a semi floater? Regardless, the SRT10 uses a different carrier than other Dana 60's and most parts are not interchangeable.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes a semi-floater with retainers, not c-clips. So the srt diff won't fit in the old housing? because if the diff and gears fit, i don't mind buying new axles.

Different Dana. Ours are a Dana Super 60. Not interchangeable with the Dana 60

Ring, pinion, bearings all interchange. And the super 60 thing is a myth. It's a plain old Dana 60 that uses c clips instead of retainers.

Ring, pinion, bearings all interchange. And the super 60 thing is a myth. It's a plain old Dana 60 that uses c clips instead of retainers.

Bro, we are busy telling the newbie how ultra special everything SRT10 is. Don't ruin it with facts.

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find anyone who knew. I wish that the Truck I got was salvageable - alas it was only good for its running gear. It will be great if I can use the diff for my Dana. One day I will get an SRT and be able to join you guys...

What mods do you guys do to the SRT-10 rears? I read somewhere that people weren't happy with the c-clips. Do you guys install c-clip eliminators?

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find anyone who knew. I wish that the Truck I got was salvageable - alas it was only good for its running gear. It will be great if I can use the diff for my Dana. One day I will get an SRT and be able to join you guys...

What mods do you guys do to the SRT-10 rears? I read somewhere that people weren't happy with the c-clips. Do you guys install c-clip eliminators?

I havent seen any clip eliminators for our rear ends, the problem with the c clip is that since most Dana 60's use retainers the lockers available don't have provisions to accept them and hold our axles in. I can't remember anyone here ever breaking an axle they normally break spider gears or in my case the carrier itself. I think caveman found a locker that works with the c clips but I can't remember

I havent seen any clip eliminators for our rear ends, the problem with the c clip is that since most Dana 60's use retainers the lockers available don't have provisions to accept them and hold our axles in. I can't remember anyone here ever breaking an axle they normally break spider gears or in my case the carrier itself. I think caveman found a locker that works with the c clips but I can't remember

Link to an ARB that would work in our axles.

Link to an OX that would work in our axles.

There are others out there too...

My personal preference would be c-clip eliminators and a spool. Would probably cost a third as much too.

Do it and report back with your findings.

Does anyone make aftermarket (with the c-clip grooves) axles?

Does anyone make aftermarket (with the c-clip grooves) axles?

I've never looked for any, but If you called a custom axle place(strange, moser, etc) I'm sure they'd be willing to make some. Or a machine shop could cut some grooves into axles for you.

What exactly is it you are trying to do?

I've never looked for any, but If you called a custom axle place(strange, moser, etc) I'm sure they'd be willing to make some. Or a machine shop could cut some grooves into axles for you.

What exactly is it you are trying to do?

Thanks again arrestme,

I'm trying to make a setup for my 69 Roadrunner. I have the SRT-10 rear, with one broken axle. I'm trying to figure out if it's feasible to build the Super 60. If I can get axles, then it will probably work for me. I can just get the housing shortened and, voila, I have a Dana with a suregrip (or whatever it's called in a super 60), 4:10's, and disc brakes (if they fit under a 17" rim).

Thanks again arrestme,

I'm trying to make a setup for my 69 Roadrunner. I have the SRT-10 rear, with one broken axle. I'm trying to figure out if it's feasible to build the Super 60. If I can get axles, then it will probably work for me. I can just get the housing shortened and, voila, I have a Dana with a suregrip (or whatever it's called in a super 60), 4:10's, and disc brakes (if they fit under a 17" rim).

it's not a super 60, super 60's have a 10" ring gear the srt dana 60 has the standard 9.75" ring gear, also the axle tubes are 3.75" and thicker than the normal 3.5" axle tubes on the srt.

If you can shorten the housing yourself then any axle company should be able to make some axles for it. It'll depend on the 17" rim you'd like to use as far as clearance some fit, some don't. The factory base model 17" steel dodge ram rims do fit. However you can grind on the caliper to get clearance, mine and several others have ground them down enough to clear 16" rims so if you willing to grind on it you can fit the 17" rims no problem

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back