SRT-10 Dana 60 Questions

I've never looked for any, but If you called a custom axle place(strange, moser, etc) I'm sure they'd be willing to make some. Or a machine shop could cut some grooves into axles for you.

What exactly is it you are trying to do?

I misread some things. And I thought Dana's all had 3" tubes. When I measured it and saw that it was over 3", I thought that it was a super 60.

The information on the brakes helps a lot too.

Thanks

Last edited:
I misread some things. And I thought Dana's all had 3" tubes. When I measured it and saw that it was over 3", I thought that it was a super 60.

The information on the brakes helps a lot too.

Thanks

There is a bunch of mis information out there, not sure where the super 60 thing comes from:dontknow:

There is a bunch of mis information out there, not sure where the super 60 thing comes from:dontknow:

The incorrect information comes from chumps who spend way too much time on the internet and have never actually wrenched on their trucks (like me). Not kidding.

The misinformation came from other sites I visited. I should have come here first. You have been the most informative out of anyone. I appreciate it. So many people say things like it's the gospel truth and have no clue one has to filter through everything.

Glad we could help you out, I went through all this last year when I rebuilt the rear end in my truck.

Dana

I wanted to modify a Dana 30 in a Corvette which was very simlar to the viper housing mounted to a frame. I couldn't find any information until someone told me to ask an offroad outfit that specialized in Jeeps. They had all the answers because of so many offroad variations. It turned out that a gearset for a Blazer front differential had the ratio I was looking for for the smaller Dana 30 housing. They have a lot of knowledge on the interchange of parts. By the way the rear they built for me for road racing was bulletproof and never had a problem. Ran it at Sonoma, Arizona and other road courses.

how to fix all your dana 60 problems:
call strange engineering and order there 9" like i did

............done :D

Strange will make A rear to fit anything on the planet

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back