Tell me about your nuts - which way are they facing?

2005ViperRam

Reaction score
As you guys know I am in the process of replacing all the maintenance parts on the front end of my two 2005 trucks.
Items like, Upper Control Arms (UCA), wheel bearings, sway bar links,Inner and Outer tie rods, fresh powder coated with new bushings and ball joints Lower Control Arms (LCA), Coil Springs, Rebuilt calipers, etc…

Why do all of this? Well the black truck had a bad wheel bearing causing the ABS to always show a fault. Being 19 years old, I think it’s time to put some time and maintenance back into the truck. I also wanted to experience what needed to be done and the procedures on how I went about doing it, so when I do my silver truck it would go easier.

Per the silver truck, as you know that truck was lowered by someone in the past and I just don’t like it. So I want to restore it to the way it was originally. I had to order fresh power coated with new bushings and ball joints Lower Control Arms (LCA). All the other parts will be replaced too.

So here is the question…. What way do your nuts face? (Wifey you can tell me which way you have noticed from your past experience ~lol). I want to get both trucks as much as original as they left the factory and from both the service manual, and the parts manual, you can’t really tell how the nuts go on. On one of the attached pictures it looks like the nuts face the front of the truck on the Upper Control Arms (UCA).

On my black truck I have them facing each other (both face to the center of the control arm). On my silver one, one is facing the back, one facing the front. So what do your trucks show? I know it really doesn’t make a difference, but my OCD cannot deal with something that might be wrong.

Same thing with the lower control arms, which way do those nuts face? The attached picture show one facing the back of the truck, but it doesn’t show the other part of that same arm. So do both sides face the back?

Attachments

• IMG_3482.jpeg
    IMG_3482.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3481.jpeg
    IMG_3481.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3480.jpeg
    IMG_3480.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3479.jpeg
    IMG_3479.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3478.jpeg
    IMG_3478.jpeg
    344.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
My Truck , factory parts .. upper control arm nuts on both sides face to the front of the truck .
Lower control arms both sides nuts face to the back of the truck ..which appears to be what Im seeing in the diagrams you posted !

Are you sure your not Mikey asking Wifey’s past experience with nuts ? Lol ! :eek::D

Lower control arms both sides nuts face to the back of the truck ..which appears to be what Im seeing in the diagrams you posted !
I truly thought you’d say it depends on which way I’m facing. ~lol

Which drawing did you find about the LCA nuts? I looked at them for a long time and didn’t see both sides. I could only find the one side. Was it picture 1,2,3,4, or 5?

I truly thought you’d say it depends on which way I’m facing. ~lol

Which drawing did you find about the LCA nuts? I looked at them for a long time and didn’t see both sides. I could only find the one side. Was it picture 1,2,3,4, or 5?
It shows in all of them .. follow the lines from the bolts

Think of it as looking into the wheel well of the truck the left bolt is the front bolt of the lower control arm on the left side of the truck . Notice the the cross member at the front on 1 and 2 .
Upper control arm notice the sway bar so the left bolt is the front bolt .

Ofcourse if you were looking at the assenger side then the right bolt would be the front .

i Actually went out and looked at my truck to see which way the bolts were in from the factory

Last edited:
This is just NUTS!!!!c :eek: :eek:

Bwahaha!! Hilarious! I hope there aren't any balls we gotta figure out!! Okay I'm past that now! ;):p;)

I'm still LMAO - have you ever watched the series Monk?? If not you should - Adrian Monk would most definitely understand the importance of every nut being exactly correct.

Okay so I've never looked at my nuts to know which way they face! Seems as though VIPR PWR knows his nuts inside out and has explained the nuts positions to a T! Thank you for that!

Mikey was the number one nut cracker! Hahah

This is just NUTS!!!!c :eek: :eek:

Bwahaha!! Hilarious! I hope there aren't any balls we gotta figure out!! Okay I'm past that now! ;):p;)

I'm still LMAO - have you ever watched the series Monk?? If not you should - Adrian Monk would most definitely understand the importance of every nut being exactly correct.

Okay so I've never looked at my nuts to know which way they face! Seems as though VIPR PWR knows his nuts inside out and has explained the nuts positions to a T! Thank you for that!

Mikey was the number one nut cracker! Hahah
Yes I know my nuts as they have been a life long adventure lol

I still don’t see the direction in 1, 2, or 3. What are you seeing that I am not seeing for 1,2, and 3?
This is that OCD thing that my brain needs to know your secret. ~lol
The secret is to have OTS , lack of sleep and take old fart prescriptions and own a flash light to lay on the concert to see which way the nuts are pointing … Then having to get back up from the ground without twisting your nuts to get up .. Nuts are nuts but beware of those peaing nuts ..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back