Tires

butch2000

Reaction score
So apparently you can no longer get the Scorpion tires for these trucks ? what do you guys find as the next best replacement ?

So apparently you can no longer get the Scorpion tires for these trucks ? what do you guys find as the next best replacement ?
The cheapest Tires that look good and have a similar rating ..
Khumo’s , Nexen Roadians are what I’ve used and prefered both over the flat spot rock feeling Pirellis ..Both of those lasted longer than Pirellis also.

There are several threads on here not to long ago that has all kinds of info on types of tires and what some are using .. I do seem to remember on links on the other threads that Pirellis are available that fit the trucks …

No Pirellis will fit I've looked lol

Here ya go

No Pirellis will fit I've looked lol
I thought they had 22’s and a slightly different profile .. oh well ,, I couldn’t stand the Pirellis .. they felt like something on the Flintstone mobile till they warmed up lol

Here ya go

That the last thread I was thinking about

I thought they had 22’s and a slightly different profile .. oh well ,, I couldn’t stand the Pirellis .. they felt like something on the Flintstone mobile till they warmed up lol
Geez now i don't remember the glitch lol - something to research hahahaha

Here's the Pirelli Menu

I have access to the Nitto 420's , any one running those ? good ? bad ?
I've heard good on the Nittos but no personal experience - Yet anyways but I'm considering them when I do buy

Thanks for the link to the Pirelli page ? but not listing the 305-40-22 ?
That's not available you would have to pick a different one that might work - that's why I'm not going with Pirelli, I like staying with OEM specs at least

I’ve understood lower profile tires improve MPG, handling and make it easier for shorter people to get in the truck :p:D

I’m running the Nexen Roadians 305-45R-22 and you can’t see a bit of difference compared to Pirellis with the look . Handling , road feel and traction in my view are all better ..
Khumos 305-40-22 were better than Pirellis and better than Nexens . I went through 2 sets of Khumos and on decided to try the Nexens due to Khumos raising the cost which was an excellent choice for all reasons. Both Khumos and Nexens have lasted longer and both have the same high rating specs as the Pirellis.

Makes you wonder why truck running 20 inch slicks when at the drag strip !

Exactly!! Pirellis are over rated from the many posts I've read like yours

Exactly!! Pirellis are over rated from the many posts I've read like yours
It’s buying the brand name IMO like everything else .. It’s called keeping up with the jones till you can’t and become broke lol

It’s buying the brand name IMO like everything else .. It’s called keeping up with the jones till you can’t and become broke lol
Hahahaha! And the Italian stuff is really pricey like the speedline wheels :eek::eek::eek:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back