What does your knuckle show?

The front and rear ground to fender ..
When you say “fender”. Where at on the fender? Just trying to get an idea. It’s 10:30pm now, or I’d just go measure different areas of the fender.
btw: the Silver truck is the one that was lowered, which I’m converting back. When I replaced the LCA on my Black truck, I measured the coil springs to see how tall they are, which was 15 inches. I bought from Rock Auto which were also 15 inches. What’s weird is the lowered Silver truck was 15 inches too. So they never cut the coil springs. I forgot which lowering kit was installed.

Last edited:
The lowering kit is from DJM. Here is the pics and the text from anoth forum:

Attachments

• IMG_3851.jpeg
    IMG_3851.jpeg
    233.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3847.jpeg
    IMG_3847.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3842.jpeg
    IMG_3842.jpeg
    259.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3843.jpeg
    IMG_3843.jpeg
    247.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3844.jpeg
    IMG_3844.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3845.jpeg
    IMG_3845.jpeg
    295.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3846.jpeg
    IMG_3846.jpeg
    326.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3840.jpeg
    IMG_3840.jpeg
    207.1 KB · Views: 2
When you say “fender”. Where at on the fender? Just trying to get an idea. It’s 10:30pm now, or I’d just go measure different areas of the fender.
btw: the Silver truck is the one that was lowered, which I’m converting back. When I replaced the LCA on my Black truck, I measured the coil springs to see how tall they are, which was 15 inches. I bought from Rock Auto which were also 15 inches. What’s weird is the lowered Silver truck was 15 inches too. So they never cut the coil springs. I forgot which lowering kit was installed.
The center of the wheel to fender bottomIMG_1219.jpeg

Last edited:
The lowering kit is from DJM. Here is the pics and the text from anoth forum:
That’s a heck of a lot of rust ,, must have been parked in a saltwater creek .. Definitely mods to the suspension

That’s a heck of a lot of rust ,, must have been parked in a saltwater creek .. Definitely mods to the suspension
The truck was bought from Kansas. Not sure where it was before that. It is a lot of rust, but I'm
wondering if its also due to cheap metal.
I need to get a Carfax, but dang they change so much money. I due want to know the history.
btw: The picture showing the fender is perfect! I know exactly where to look at now. My guess is the rear is the same way?

Buddy up with a dealer or salesman and see if they will pull one for you lol

The truck was bought from Kansas. Not sure where it was before that. It is a lot of rust, but I'm
wondering if its also due to cheap metal.
I need to get a Carfax, but dang they change so much money. I due want to know the history.
btw: The picture showing the fender is perfect! I know exactly where to look at now. My guess is the rear is the same way?
My guess the truck was in a snow area and road salt took it affect ..

Makes me wonder why one wasn’t added to the QC’s

And the purpose of this is ? o_O
Control axle wind-up (in concert with the axle shock) on launch.
So why did they not add one to the QC’s ?
Auto vs manual trans. Launch with an auto isn't as violent as manual. Also the QC was not built with the same performance capability as the RC.
Heck they didn’t even put a rear sway bar on the QC’s

I know .. especially being a fast truck with great G-force handing and towing capabilities
The QC wasn't designed to handle as well as the RC.
Man, I finally (almost) given up about a normal 2005 QC rear leaf spring location, when it left the factory (i.e. factory installed).

I read, and re-read what everyone wrote, and I’m still confused. It still seems like there are two different views.

To give it one last try, to help this rookie (me) understand, which of these is correct:
A. On a 2005 QC, the factory installed leaf spring sits/mounted on top of the rear end.
B. On a 2005 QC, the factory installed leaf spring is mounted below the rear end.
A.

DSC01387.JPG

Control axle wind-up (in concert with the axle shock) on launch.

Auto vs manual trans. Launch with an auto isn't as violent as manual. Also the QC was not built with the same performance capability as the RC.

The QC wasn't designed to handle as well as the RC.

A.

View attachment 67217
Agreed with all the above .. But even though the QC should have had installed by the manufacturer at a minimum a rear sway bar and even a pinion snubber with the power and high performance.. they weren’t set up for drag racing like the SC .. the device added to the SC are mainly for straight line launches .. a can’t remember the G-forces on road tracks , but I think they both had the same rating .. due to extra weight , weight shift and center of gravity between the types would definitely be improvement on the QC .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back