wing removal kit?

Kevan said:
Bill- attached are some pics you can print out and drop off at the dealership.
Enjoy!
WOW i cant wait to take the pictures in tomorrow morning, thanks for taking the time to do that. I owe you a couple

Black1 said:
What exactly is in the "relocation kit"? :dontknow:

Allows you to relocate the wing to the front of the bed so that you can carry things in the bed.

Roy

Black1 said:
Ah! Thanks, Roy!

A little 'insomnia" tonight??? :dontknow: :D ;)

As usual was really tired...crashed at 8, up at 1....

Listening to some of your music.

Prof said:
Allows you to relocate the wing to the front of the bed so that you can carry things in the bed.

Roy

All this time I had no clue what the brackets were for. Wouldn't that look a bit strange though? The wing located at the front of the bed?

There is only one place for our beloved wing...the brackets are just for emergencies...like when the spousal unit says: "Either haul my Mothers recliner to the upholstery shop or no sex for one year." In this case, you swallow your pride and move the wing to the front of the bed (using the brackets provided) get some moving blankets, carefully wrap the recliner and haul it. Then you fold the blankets nicely in the bed, leave the wing in the unnatural position, drive over to your sister-in-laws apartment and drill her on the folded blankets, go home and tell the wife that you "Got her done!"

Only time to use the brackets for sure.

Thanks for the info, I've just done the same "no such part" conversation with my dealership. Looking forward to going back with these pictures (mostly because I am a smart-ass) and asking them again about it.

Not to thread hijack, but why the hell do some people sell vehicles without all the manuals, keys and other "things"? What are you really going to do with the brackets after you sell the truck?

Sorry, off my soapbox, but thanks again.

wo1sjb said:
Not to thread hijack, but why the hell do some people sell vehicles without all the manuals, keys and other "things"? What are you really going to do with the brackets after you sell the truck?
Sometimes people take it out of the vehicle and put it in a safe place. So safe that not even Grissom could find it.

I did it with the 4WD knob on my Durango. When I put the custom center console in, I took it off the lever and put the knob in a very safe place. When the new owner came to pick up the truck, he asked about the knob. I said, "Ummm....It's....uhhh.....I'll find it and send it to you."
That was in November.
I found the knob last week. :D

Then there are azzholes that just pitch everything in the trash.

alright i was out of ink, got it today, printed the pictures, stealership called today and said my cup holder pad is so guess ill be going tomorrow:D this will not get me a ride in the new challenger for sure!:dontknow: ill have to hit up eddie102870 for one i think hes getting one when they come out:rock:

Kevan said:
Bill- attached are some pics you can print out and drop off at the dealership.
Enjoy!
I did a bit research the other day to locate that kit. I'm having a tough time, but will hopefully come up with something tomorrow. The first thing I did was grab the instructions with part numbers on it. Those part numbers look like Chrysler p/n's but they are not good. Will do my best.

TheMoparConnection said:
I did a bit research the other day to locate that kit. I'm having a tough time, but will hopefully come up with something tomorrow. The first thing I did was grab the instructions with part numbers on it. Those part numbers look like Chrysler p/n's but they are not good. Will do my best.
thanks im doing the same thing now with know luck ill send you a gift card for a 12pk of beer if you can find me a place to buy a new set:beer: i know this whole thing sounds like a waste but i would like to have everthing that came with the truck, thanks for all the help everyone:rock:

devildog02 said:
thanks im doing the same thing now with know luck ill send you a gift card for a 12pk of beer if you can find me a place to buy a new set:beer: i know this whole thing sounds like a waste but i would like to have everthing that came with the truck, thanks for all the help everyone:rock:
no worries. if its available I'll get it.

Thanks for all the leg work. I'd really like to have that kit myself. Never know when you'll need to move the wing, and I'd hate to just lay it in the bed.

If anyone has jettisoned the wing and still have the kit laying around they don't want please PM me. Thanks!

just got off the phone with Chrysler. That kit is not serviceable. But I will be contacting someone else and see if I can get it. As of right now it's not available. I'll let you know when I know more

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back