wtb ot trade 4.56 for 4.10's

FATJACK said:

I only ask cause, Donnie took me for a ride in his truck with the 88's and man they were lot different then the 10's, But a whole lot of tire burning going on :D And I wonder how 56's would be vs 10's.

I know for a fact the the 4.10 will get better MPG on the highway than the 4.56. As far as the ET, that depends on the truck it's put it.

Bill.

I have given the offer before, to let someone try the 4.10's as long as mine is ok, i havetn removed them yet .

but all someone has to do is pay the shipping, install them, see hwo they work , if they work and your happy, all I ask is a return favor of shipping me back your gears and carrier in good condition

I have changed my 4.10's to 4.56's and i must say it is a different truck! My truck is completely stock and found the 4.10's to be annoying in parking lots and 6th gear had no accelleration to speak of. Really lugged. But gas mileage was great on the highway. about 20ish mpg. I do miss the gearing when on the highway though. coming out of first at 50 mph and out of 2nd at 85 mph means alot of torque multiplication at high speed. That really sits you back in your seat!You guys with the superchargers must have a blast, and trouble with breaking the tires loose constantly ! launching the 4.10,s on the track was a chore! either spinning wildly and out of control or lots of wheel hop really hurts the ET. I havn't tried launching with the 4.56's yet but i think the launch would be more controllable now. I will keep the 4.10 gears to put in when i get supercharged. I think the truck would be better served with the taller gears with the added horsepower. controls tire spin by limiting full power longer. But only if using street tires ! With slicks i think the 4.88,s would be slick but it will need a major amount of support bracing to keep the diff under the truck. Right now i like the 4.56,s because i mainly drive around town here and only on weekends. not much highway.

Hucksrt10 said:
I have changed my 4.10's to 4.56's and i must say it is a different truck! My truck is completely stock and found the 4.10's to be annoying in parking lots and 6th gear had no accelleration to speak of. Really lugged. But gas mileage was great on the highway. about 20ish mpg. I do miss the gearing when on the highway though. coming out of first at 50 mph and out of 2nd at 85 mph means alot of torque multiplication at high speed. That really sits you back in your seat!You guys with the superchargers must have a blast, and trouble with breaking the tires loose constantly ! launching the 4.10,s on the track was a chore! either spinning wildly and out of control or lots of wheel hop really hurts the ET. I havn't tried launching with the 4.56's yet but i think the launch would be more controllable now. I will keep the 4.10 gears to put in when i get supercharged. I think the truck would be better served with the taller gears with the added horsepower. controls tire spin by limiting full power longer. But only if using street tires ! With slicks i think the 4.88,s would be slick but it will need a major amount of support bracing to keep the diff under the truck. Right now i like the 4.56,s because i mainly drive around town here and only on weekends. not much highway.
I think im gonna side with Huck on this one;) The QC's at Holt weren't busting traction with the DR's (that i could see) so going to 4:10's wouldnt be a smart move for track racing a close to stock truck. But bump the power up first then the swap we be more effective...just my opinion though:p

Last edited:
1st gear has got to be a blast in that beast!!!!!! Tough to keep the tires from spinning!!

it all depends on what you want as far as performance

if you want big time fun on the street, 4.88's is the way to go.

if you want mileage, a higher ratio such as the 4.10's

505'sFastestViper. said:
i ordered a set of 3.07s also!!!!
How fast do you think it will run in first gear with 3.07's?:dontknow:

Stinker said:
it all depends on what you want as far as performance

if you want big time fun on the street, 4.88's is the way to go.

if you want mileage, a higher ratio such as the 4.10's

True indeed sir, im very happy with my 4:56's though:marchmellow:

Psycho Mythic said:
I think im gonna side with Huck on this one;) The QC's at Holt weren't busting traction with the DR's (that i could see) so going to 4:10's wouldnt be a smart move for track racing a close to stock truck. But bump the power up first then the swap we be more effective...just my opinion though:p
Yeah, Cody, Paul and I were both spinning just a bit on most of our runs. Not much, just a little.:)

so what would yall say about putting a set of 3:73's in my truck?.... on motor it'd be kind slugish but on the bottle it should fly!. and let me not have that many shift points..i mostly do highway pulls though

Tooloe said:
so what would yall say about putting a set of 3:73's in my truck?.... on motor it'd be kind slugish but on the bottle it should fly!. and let me not have that many shift points..i mostly do highway pulls though
I think as long as your not going to do any launching you should be fine. I do not know how they would hold up under a 5000-6000 pound truck off the line.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back