APRIL 2024 TOTM - rottenronnie!!!!

Ronnie's NA KICK ASS QC for TOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G forces can kill hahahaha !

what’s going on with the intake manifold ?

I can't extend the runners from the bottom so I'm going to do that up top.
It creates a ram-effect when the Intake Valve closes. The column of air keeps going against the closed valve and when the valve reopens, it's higher than atmosphere. It happens in a fairly narrow (but useful rpm range) and creates approx. 50 lbs. ft. of additional torque. I'm basically emulating what they did on the 413 Cross-Ram Chryslers.

It creates a ram-effect when the Intake Valve closes. The column of air keeps going against the closed valve and when the valve reopens, it's higher than atmosphere. It happens in a fairly narrow (but useful rpm range) and creates approx. 50 lbs. ft. of additional torque. I'm basically emulating what they did on the 413 Cross-Ram Chryslers.
Brilliant!!!

2 questions

what's the sign behind the manifold say?

What are the indents in the wheel well covers for?

Interesting …

I loved the look of the old cross Ram manifolds but had no idea of the purpose back then . That’s a decent torque gain ! Are you doing that now or is it completed already ?

DOING AREA (Machine Shop Humour for where things get done).

Those are the mystery indents that have been passed down for generations.
I like the humor!

i think the indents are to put a 2x4 across the bed. Not sure what for but looks like it could work lol lol

2 questions

what's the sign behind the manifold say?

What are the indents in the wheel well covers for?
I was wondering about the paint or coating in the bed !

I like the humor!

i think the indents are to put a 2x4 across the bed. Not sure what for but looks like it could work lol lol
That’s been done before , take my word for it :D

I do not drink beer! Can't stand the stuff. My folks did plenty of that though hahahaha

Uhhhh Ohhhh!!! I feel this thread going off topic quick hahahaha

Don't forget to vote everyone!!!

I'm scared to ask so I'll just assume it's for drinking beer while riding in back :D
Or used as a balance bean training device for the ex wife at 150 mph hahaha

Uhhhh Ohhhh!!! I feel this thread going off topic quick hahahaha

Don't forget to vote everyone!!!

yes don’t forget to vote .. Ronnie to vote go to the top of page one hahaha

Interesting …

I loved the look of the old cross Ram manifolds but had no idea of the purpose back then . That’s a decent torque gain ! Are you doing that now or is it completed already ?
It's been ongoing.
I've approached Wilson Intakes (Florida) but they won't work on the existing Intake.
The original 413 Cross-Ram Intakes were to improve passing power from 50 to 80 miles per hour.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back