Maximizer Long Tube Headers and Midpipes for SRT10

I am blown away. These are nice, the welds look good inside and out. The flanges look to be nice and flat. Wonder how they will bolt up.... The only problem that I see is their tag was barely welded on and it pulled off lol
View attachment 65655
View attachment 65656
View attachment 65657
View attachment 65658
View attachment 65659
View attachment 65660

View attachment 65661
View attachment 65662
View attachment 65663
View attachment 65664
Those tags are always a problem , I hear a dab of JB weld will fix that problem

12-16hp is a steal for $424 in the hp world.
Yes these days the cost of gaining a few HP is crazy . The deal in todays world you got is very good if everything works out as excepted .. at 424$ I don’t think you can go wrong on a comparison basis to other 2000$ plus systems . Actually makes me want to get these . But I’m waiting for the results on your install and hope the deal is still available so I will decide at some point .

I am not worried about the tag, I was just posting the fact that the tag fell off. It is going in the recycle bin.
No No No ,,, DO NOT REMOVE OR THROW AWAY THE TAG ! I read it is a federal law and you can be prosecuted for doing so . At least according to the tags on my mattresses hahahaha .

I am not worried about the tag, I was just posting the fact that the tag fell off. It is going in the recycle bin.
I agree with the getting greedy part and causing a leak … my concern would be maximizing the exhaust flow with out turbulence or slight restrictions .. since I can’t actually see them personally and only seeing them in the pics I can make any real determination as to the flow of the exhaust out … the affects may be minimal and is just my observation

@rottenronnie your the expert of porting , polishing and flow rates . What is your opinion of this on the headers and is it worth the effort or something to even bother with ?

I'd be concerned mostly with the cost. If Walmart made a regular 30% (wholesale-to-retail profit margain), that leaves the Manufacturer just under 300 bucks for some R&D, materials, manufacture and shipping. If they also come with Cats (looks like it in the pics), that 300 bucks would barely cover the cost of the Platinum required to make them work.

The Headers LOOK fine, but so did the 2-pack of Chinese scissors I bought for 8 bucks.

They weren't fine.

I went the full B&B route and they've been hanging under the truck for 17(?) years.

I believe you get what you pay for, but I've been wrong before.

As far as the value of headers go on these trucks and the performance they offer, I'm not a fan. The Cat-Back system was a worthwhile gain though, and I did that before Headers so I did both seat-of-the-pants and dyno evaluations.

I'm not picking on the Chinese here. They are more than capable of making excellent products. If asked to make something ultra cheap, it will be ultra cheap. Costs will be cut here and there.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Now we wait for the reports after they are installed and used for awhile!

I'd be concerned mostly with the cost. If Walmart made a regular 30% (wholesale-to-retail profit margain), that leaves the Manufacturer just under 300 bucks for some R&D, materials, manufacture and shipping. If they also come with Cats (looks like it in the pics), that 300 bucks would barely cover the cost of the Platinum required to make them work.

The Headers LOOK fine, but so did the 2-pack of Chinese scissors I bought for 8 bucks.

They weren't fine.

I went the full B&B route and they've been hanging under the truck for 17(?) years.

I believe you get what you pay for, but I've been wrong before.

As far as the value of headers go on these trucks and the performance they offer, I'm not a fan. The Cat-Back system was a worthwhile gain though, and I did that before Headers so I did both seat-of-the-pants and dyno evaluations.

I'm not picking on the Chinese here. They are more than capable of making excellent products. If asked to make something ultra cheap, it will be ultra cheap. Costs will be cut here and there.

Good luck.
Are those actual Cats or empty look a-likes .. doesn’t matter to me since we don’t have those BS emissions laws where I live .

These are NOT cats, just very small resonators that I assume are supposed to look like cats lol.

I did spend most of the day cleaning up the ports with a bit and then gave them a nice sand out. They were a little more rough than I wanted and it was now or never.

They turned out good.

Got the passenger side on and done, had to re-route the heater hoses behind the ac drier and also the abs wiring. Used a couple spacers on the bracket to make a gap for the hoses.

But the passenger side fits absolutely perfect.

20240316_144506.jpg 20240316_144510.jpg 20240316_144911.jpg 20240316_144924.jpg 20240316_151348.jpg 20240316_151353.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back