Engine I.D. - where is it located?

2005ViperRam

Reaction score
This doesn’t make sense to me.
What am I missing?
On a 2005, by looking at the parts manual, where do you actually look to find this number?
What am I missing? (See both pictures)

Attachments

• IMG_3746.jpeg
    IMG_3746.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3745.jpeg
    IMG_3745.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 6
Btw: the reason this came up is I want to take the valve covers off the silver truck, since it’s in pieces while I wait for the calipers to be powdercoated, and decided to go ahead and remove the valve covers to get those powdercoated. The valve cover look terrible.

What I plan on doing is when they get down to put those on my black truck, then getting the black trucks valve covers powdercoated, and putting them on the silver truck.

The reason, is the black truck is functional, and putting the valve covers should be easy to get it back on the road within a day.

Btw: Autozone has the Fel-Pro VS50636R for pretty cheap. Ended up getting two for $126 (tax & shipping included). Thank GGod for there 20% off orders over $100.

Last edited:
Btw: the reason this came up is I want to take the valve covers off the silver truck, since it’s in pieces while I wait for the calipers to be powdercoated, and decided to go ahead and remove the valve covers to get those powdercoated. The valve cover look terrible.

What I plan on doing is when they get down to put those on my black truck, then getting the black trucks valve covers powdercoated, and putting them on the silver truck.

The reason, is the black truck is functional, and putting the valve covers should be easy to get it back on the road within a day.

CBtw: Autozone has the Fel-Pro VS50636R for pretty cheap. Ended up getting two for $126 (tax & shipping included). Thank GGod for there 20% off orders over $100.
Dumb diagram!

The valve covers aren't numbered are they? Why would it matter which truck you put either set on? Just curious

Last edited:
You know tomorrow is last day for TOTM pics! We're going to have a tight contest between the two! Siunds like Black Beauty is leading over Silver Bullet! Hahahaha

We haven’t seen the black truck yet .. post it up on the TOTM THREAD

Dumb diagram!

The valve covers aren't numbered are they? Why would it matter which truck you put either set on? Just curious
The valve covers don't.
However, since I will be it that area I was just kind of curious where the numbers are.
The picture shows it on the right hand side (passenger in the USA), and the write up says its on the left hand side (drivers in the USA).

Last edited:
The valve covers don't.
However, since I will be it that area I was just kind of curious where the numbers are.
The picture shows it on the right hand side (passenger in the USA), and the write up says
its on the left hand side (drivers in the USA).
I’ve never thought to look on the truck .. really haven’t had a need to .. I’m sure some of the engine pics on here and elsewhere may show the numbers

Maybe it's when you face the engine it's the left side lol

I guess it happens to the best of us lol

Now the question is that for Vipers and or the trucks ?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back