JULY 2024 TOTM - 2005ViperRam!!!

2005ViperRam for TOTM??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here is a picture of my 2005 Black truck.
I bought it back in 2012 (I think) and used it for a while. Then I lost interest for many years.
About 4 years ago, since I needed a hobby since I retired I decided to get back into it.
The truck runs perfectly, and about the only thing I’ve had to change out was the transmission.
I just finished with the front suspension and just had it aligned 3 days ago.
The paint is in real bad shape. That is my next thing I plan on having done.

Attachments

• IMG_3728.jpeg
    IMG_3728.jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3729.jpeg
    IMG_3729.jpeg
    308.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3730.jpeg
    IMG_3730.jpeg
    301.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3731.jpeg
    IMG_3731.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 3
Here is my 2005 silver truck.
I bought this truck very cheap due to it being totaled for hail damage. I don’t think many people wanted it because the bumper front end was in the bed of the truck, and it looked really bad with just the metal front end showing.
When I bought the truck 2 years ago I planned it to be just a donor parts truck since parts are so hard to get. But after looking at it close, it truly wasn’t really that bad. So I decided to fix it too.
Since I was doing the front end suspension work on my black truck, and since I would already know what tools I would need, I decided to do the front end work on this truck.
Currently, the front end is in pieces. I decided that I want everything perfect with the work I’m doing, so I had the knuckle sand blasted. The lower control arms have been blasted and powdercoated. The calipers are currently at the sand blaster & powdercoater. So I’m at a stopping point right now.
One thing I totally hate is somewhere in the past the owner had it lowered. I bought the LCA’s to convert it back to normal.
So that’s where I’m at.
I need to flip the leaf spring back to the top once the front end is done.

Attachments

• IMG_3739.jpeg
    IMG_3739.jpeg
    242 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3738.jpeg
    IMG_3738.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3737.jpeg
    IMG_3737.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3734.jpeg
    IMG_3734.jpeg
    388.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3733.jpeg
    IMG_3733.jpeg
    328.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3732.jpeg
    IMG_3732.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 3
Here is a picture of my 2005 Black truck.
I bought it back in 2012 (I think) and used it for a while. Then I lost interest for many years.
About 4 years ago, since I needed a hobby since I retired I decided to get back into it.
The truck runs perfectly, and about the only thing I’ve had to change out was the transmission.
I just finished with the front suspension and just had it aligned 3 days ago.
The paint is in real bad shape. That is my next thing I plan on having done.
Nice to see the truck .. glad your getting it back into shape .. A paint job will definitely set it off .. the paint or clear coat on the trucks suck as mine has done the same ..

The silver looks great .. getting all the nuts and boots set up clean , straight and tight s paying dividends .. excellent!

Very nice!! They are both being well taken care of and being done the right way with care. That's great!

As the old saying goes, Beauty is only skin deep!

It's what's under the hood that counts.

Straight bolts, tight nuts and clean holes speak volumes!

Very nice!! They are both being well taken care of and being done the right way with care. That's great!

As the old saying goes, Beauty is only skin deep!

It's what's under the hood that counts.

Straight bolts, tight nuts and clean holes speak volumes!
And your talking about what lol

Black in the lead!! Silver running a "tight" second!!

Okay!!! Let's wrap this months TOTM contest up!!

We have two 2005 QC's this month, and one owner! that in itself is a first time event! A two fer! Should be Trucks of the month! Lol

It's been an interesting run! Our two contenders as their owner @2005ViperRam has stated in various threads - are both being worked on simultaneously. The Silver truck was bought as a donor for the black one. Then he decided to fix them both! What a project! and Our black contender seems to be in the lead as to being "ready" first.

For those who may not have followed along this far, there are several threads that explain the work and the Issues/fixes/challenges encountered so far during the rebuild of both of our contenders front ends!

These two trucks have the tightest nuts, straightest bolts and cleanest holes around!

Last edited:
With all That being said and hopefully I got it right

the winner of July 2024 TOTM is....

The Black 2005 QC!!! Congratulations to @2005ViperRam! and his two great trucks!D2B1A7A8-0DAC-4EA6-B394-26168D17C939.jpeg

And to the Silver bullet that started out as a lowly hail damaged donor

A13C11A6-9EB2-45A9-9E81-AACF75CDCE89.jpeg

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back