New 2004 Red SRT Ram Owner

I left Maryland in 2001 ended up in southern Illinois. When I got here my car had Maryland plates and Geicko insured it. Geicko based my rate on Chicago, which is 4 hours away. So I switch to State Farm for about a year or so until they started jacking me. The plates were change to Illinois plates within the month of moving here.
Fast forward 15 years, yes 15 YEARS I got a letter in the mail with a hefty fine stating I had a lapse of insurance. Maryland said geicko notified them of cancellation and they don’t see where I picked up new insurance. I called and got some political bullshit answer. They said they could not locate me that’s why it took so long. They got my tax papers for the year I moved. So I tried to get records from 15 years ago, insurance agent no longer in business, State Farm has nothing. Heck even IRS doesn’t require you to keep records that old. I called Maryland back and told them what I have found which was nothing. They again stated how they are sovereign and have not statute of limitations. Hmmm that was 10 years ago I wonder what fine is up to now?
Maryland was always a left blown out State . The only benifit for use to go across the state line was because it was upstream from the Potomac River lol .. Va. really went off the wall politically after I left up to today.. even as a young kid I was changing and becoming more left wing making BS laws on everything . DC cool with all the monuments and fireworks at the mall every year but became a crime ridden cesspool and murder capital , a dangerous place in my later teens . I left there at 22 because the traffic became insane and you couldn’t find anything fun left to do .. The area I roamed and worked lol had a 7-11 , fire station a gas staion ( full service ) and a one room post office and mostly wooded area back roads . Now it’s nothing but an extension of DC and complete wall to wall concrete buildings . I wouldn’t even know where I was if I visited today .
My first insurance was Geico when it was Government insurance and cost me $120 a year . My dad worked at the Pentagon and the Navy Annex . He was on the board of the Navy federal Union for a few years . He was a Mason and the Masonic building was amazing . He retired from the federal government and remarried and moved to Texas . He worked till he dropped with the City of Plano TX.
The first incident that made me notice as a young kid was my dad would take us to the power lines a very remote low populated area to learn to shoot . There was a bunch of junk people dumped there , washers ,refrigerators and eveything . The power lines area was where a lot of people did tartlet practice , bullet holes in all the junk. Well we went there on day and were shooting targets and a car came down the dirt road .. It was a cop ! He came up and talked to my dad and told him Fairfax county had passed a new law that it is illegal to discharge a fire arm inside county limits . Fairfax county is huge . Well we had to load everything up and leave . That finished target shooting completely growing up . I was very excited about shooting and still am . I still am . By the age of around 12 I learned absolute safety and familiarity with training , became a certified distinguished expert with the NRA program for kids . My dad ended up setting up a shooting range in our basement lol so I could practice and qualify which I did and was the only one of the 4 brothers to do so .. I loved the sport .. these days it’s a pain in the butt without knowing someone with land to be able to do target practice in Florida . I hate indoor ranges . Nevada was great outside city limits you could just pull off the roads and shoot as long as your were 50 yards off the road .. people did that everywhere lol there were even guys set up practice long shooting with all the high end stuff . Texas was also easy to find a place to practice but you had to drive a Texas mile to find one or be buddies with a rancher or larger property owner .

Probably not. It’s hard to make perfection better.
Yes .. but certain mild mods help enhance the truck . Some prefer to keep them stock as more of a resale value later on . But many have got the mod fever and some have gone massively overboard IMO ,, definitely not cheap to modify anything these days .. some have put in over 100k modifying.. look up 505’sfastestviper on here and even has YouTube vids of his truck to give you an idea !

3D3HA16H24G250528, is checking registry something I do or ask someone else? I would love to find the build number.
The registry was made by Viper Jeff .. he’s a admin of the site and a top notch guy. He put in 20 years to build and track the registry . You can access the registry from the link on my profile and search around to see if the vin is on it .. if not you can try messaging Jeff to add it and get you the build number ..and more info on your Truck.

Yes .. but certain mild mods help enhance the truck . Some prefer to keep them stock as more of a resale value later on . But many have got the mod fever and some have gone massively overboard IMO ,, definitely not cheap to modify anything these days .. some have put in over 100k modifying.. look up 505’sfastestviper on here and even has YouTube vids of his truck to give you an idea !
I probably will do oil lines and PS lines and figure out how I can get my phone to play music through the stereo.
I used to be all over modding things out, but with a vehicle that is 1 of 3kish I just don’t think I can do it. Maybe therapy will help.

I probably will do oil lines and PS lines and figure out how I can get my phone to play music through the stereo.
I used to be all over modding things out, but with a vehicle that is 1 of 3kish I just don’t think I can do it. Maybe therapy will help.
lol .. yes once you start Therapy will become a requirement to stop the madness lol

@Wifey @VIPR PWR i was going to ask if you two were married by all the banter back and forth. Then I see you both on opposite sides of the country lol. I would have guessed you were married at least 30 years hah.
Hahahaha!!! That's funny! This place has lots of bantering history behind it. Lots of friends by internet and some have met face to face at GTGs but as these beasts have aged and become more rare, so has Member participation

Don't do it!!! Stock is Beautiful!!

Maryland was always a left blown out State . The only benifit for use to go across the state line was because it was upstream from the Potomac River lol .. Va. really went off the wall politically after I left up to today.. even as a young kid I was changing and becoming more left wing making BS laws on everything . DC cool with all the monuments and fireworks at the mall every year but became a crime ridden cesspool and murder capital , a dangerous place in my later teens . I left there at 22 because the traffic became insane and you couldn’t find anything fun left to do .. The area I roamed and worked lol had a 7-11 , fire station a gas staion ( full service ) and a one room post office and mostly wooded area back roads . Now it’s nothing but an extension of DC and complete wall to wall concrete buildings . I wouldn’t even know where I was if I visited today .
My first insurance was Geico when it was Government insurance and cost me $120 a year . My dad worked at the Pentagon and the Navy Annex . He was on the board of the Navy federal Union for a few years . He was a Mason and the Masonic building was amazing . He retired from the federal government and remarried and moved to Texas . He worked till he dropped with the City of Plano TX.
The first incident that made me notice as a young kid was my dad would take us to the power lines a very remote low populated area to learn to shoot . There was a bunch of junk people dumped there , washers ,refrigerators and eveything . The power lines area was where a lot of people did tartlet practice , bullet holes in all the junk. Well we went there on day and were shooting targets and a car came down the dirt road .. It was a cop ! He came up and talked to my dad and told him Fairfax county had passed a new law that it is illegal to discharge a fire arm inside county limits . Fairfax county is huge . Well we had to load everything up and leave . That finished target shooting completely growing up . I was very excited about shooting and still am . I still am . By the age of around 12 I learned absolute safety and familiarity with training , became a certified distinguished expert with the NRA program for kids . My dad ended up setting up a shooting range in our basement lol so I could practice and qualify which I did and was the only one of the 4 brothers to do so .. I loved the sport .. these days it’s a pain in the butt without knowing someone with land to be able to do target practice in Florida . I hate indoor ranges . Nevada was great outside city limits you could just pull off the roads and shoot as long as your were 50 yards off the road .. people did that everywhere lol there were even guys set up practice long shooting with all the high end stuff . Texas was also easy to find a place to practice but you had to drive a Texas mile to find one or be buddies with a rancher or larger property owner .
Amen!!

@Wifey @VIPR PWR i was going to ask if you two were married by all the banter back and forth. Then I see you both on opposite sides of the country lol. I would have guessed you were married at least 30 years hah.
We've been in the forum here for pert near 20 years! OMG hahahaha

3D3HA16H24G250528, is checking registry something I do or ask someone else? I would love to find the build number.
Here is where the registry forums are. Not sure if you can find her on there since some of it is inactive now but you can get caught up if you want to take a look

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back