SRT-10 Prices

I think the market is coming down again and will continue to go down. That being said I recently bought an 06 RC with 52k miles for $33k. I think I overpaid by a few thousand but it was in great shape and has everything I wanted.

I think the market is coming down again and will continue to go down. That being said I recently bought an 06 RC with 52k miles for $33k. I think I overpaid by a few thousand but it was in great shape and has everything I wanted.
I think you did well! You covered it all in your last sentence - great shape and your happy!! :cool:

Our trucks are getting rarer. I still get lots of thumbs-up in traffic and notes left under a wiper when parked.
There will always be a market for limited production performance vehicles.
Trucks like ours in particular have an actual FRAME and can be rebuilt over and over again.
My Jeep GC in comparison is unibody and is disposable once the underbody gets eaten away by rust. The same applies to cars, performance or otherwise. Yes, you CAN rebuild an entire car body but it's much easier to lower Cabs and Boxes onto a frame.
Prices will continue to rise and fall and that largely depends on who you talk to at the time.

Last edited:
And IF looking for top dollar on a sale I'm thinking the auction houses May do the best - those competitive types love to win - at whatever they're competing for - Just my opinion I'm no expert that's for sure!

I would only auction with a reserve so some lowballers don't luck out!

If I felt competent enough to market the Queen properly and deal with the looky loo tire kickers she would probably be gone. Mainly because it's a shame she doesn't get used. I can't see getting her spiffed up just to drive that few times a year.

And IF looking for top dollar on a sale I'm thinking the auction houses May do the best - those competitive types love to win - at whatever they're competing for - Just my opinion I'm no expert that's for sure!

I would only auction with a reserve so some lowballers don't luck out!

If I felt competent enough to market the Queen properly and deal with the looky loo tire kickers she would probably be gone. Mainly because it's a shame she doesn't get used. I can't see getting her spiffed up just to drive that few times a year.
What would you say is the trucks low range to get the top dollar compared to a mileage value drop range amounts on sells ? Say under 10K miles , under 20k miles and so on ??

My guess it even at 25k miles the values of even the lower mileage trucks wont make much difference in resell ..
So the Queen would be good to go to add some miles and Wifey could enjoy the sights at 120 mph hahaha .. drive it like you stole it , Dirty Larry and Crazy Mary .. Just avoid those train crossings hahaha !

I
What would you say is the trucks low range to get the top dollar compared to a mileage value drop range amounts on sells ? Say under 10K miles , under 20k miles and so on ??

My guess it even at 25k miles the values of even the lower mileage trucks wont make much difference in resell ..
So the Queen would be good to go to add some miles and Wifey could enjoy the sights at 120 mph hahaha .. drive it like you stole it , Dirty Larry and Crazy Mary .. Just avoid those train crossings hahaha !
I think anything under 10k is GOLDEN as for low mileage. Based on That she has a good 4,000 before getting there! There isn't really anywhere worthwhile to go. I've been considering it though since I could take her out when I go see my mom a few times a year :D

And as for mileage on the resale value, I think the condition speaks alot even if there is some decent mileage on them.

For instance mine is an original California vehicle always stored inside, never smoked or eaten in, and seen very little water and probably no rain hahahaha - she's incredibly clean underneath - no rust or corosion that I'm aware of -factory stickers still intact and very few cosmetic flaws. Those are the things I think are important for resale as well

Last edited:
You should enjoy it more .. what do you brake rotors look like after sitting a few day ,, rusty .. when bare metal sits rust develops fast even in low humidity areas .. oil in the cylinders , bearing , transmissions , etc will drain off and more wear and tear to the internals happens and corrodes with rust .. This can happen even in climate control storage situations . ..Fire that girl up and run a few miles at least once a week ,, she need her gizmo moisturized regular or then skin will get dried out .

Think about how many miles shes been driven in based on the 20 years she has existed .. what is the daily average of miles driven for 20 years ?

You should enjoy it more .. what do you brake rotors look like after sitting a few day ,, rusty .. when bare metal sits rust develops fast even in low humidity areas .. oil in the cylinders , bearing , transmissions , etc will drain off and more wear and tear to the internals happens and corrodes with rust .. This can happen even in climate control storage situations . ..Fire that girl up and run a few miles at least once a week ,, she need her gizmo moisturized regular or then skin will get dried out .
hahahaha! She is due to be started and as for the technical stuff i really don't know. I've never seen rust anywhere - in fact on anything even the ones that sit out in the weather. I do know what you mean as for the internals and I will probably move towards at least getting the tires - that's step one!

hahahaha! She is due to be started and as for the technical stuff i really don't know. I've never seen rust anywhere - in fact on anything even the ones that sit out in the weather. I do know what you mean as for the internals and I will probably move towards at least getting the tires - that's step one!
Thats one point about storage ,, the tire , belts , batteries tend to dry rot in your climate faster . I believe giving it a weekly run will slow down the dry rot and other types of problems. ..
I run mine about every 2 weeks to pump the blood through the systems and burn the surface rusting from the rotors . FLORIDA IS MISERABLE when it come to rain and humidity .. I run it to operating temperature at a minimum .

Think about how many miles shes been driven in based on the 20 years she has existed .. what is the daily average of miles driven for 20 years ?
291.5 miles per year

Thats one point about storage ,, the tire , belts , batteries tend to dry rot in your climate faster . I believe giving it a weekly run will slow down the dry rot and other types of problems. ..
I run mine about every 2 weeks to pump the blood through the systems and burn the surface rusting from the rotors . FLORIDA IS MISERABLE when it come to rain and humidity .. I run it to operating temperature at a minimum .
Tires look good but they aren't since they're original lol - battery is fresh last summer, belts and hoses are definite must do because of age if nothing else lol - brakes should be near new - she gets run up to operating temp several times per year and more often would be better for sure!

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back