SRT-10 Prices

QCs are more money only when new.
Big block/t56 rules the price war.
A lot of people were VERY disappointed in the QCs because of the torque management but back then nobody knew why.
Hey I manage my torque just fine lol

There are an amazing number of youngins' that can't drive a stick.

And the vast majority of the modern high-powered factory vehicles and hobby race cars are autos.

My, my, who would have seen that coming.

QCs are more money only when new.
Big block/t56 rules the price war.
A lot of people were VERY disappointed in the QCs because of the torque management but back then nobody knew why.
Those stock 48 REs were barely strong to withstand removing TM (via a tune)!!

Now you tell me lol

I would not want to drive a QC without a tune. They were SLUGGISH.
I had mine done when it had around 2500 miles on it.
A smart person may have stopped right there but oh, no, I just couldn't help myself!
That 143 wheel provided by the Strikers and mild cam was just too much fun.
The 48 RE however, didn't see it that way and complained almost immediately.

A smart person may have stopped right there but oh, no, I just couldn't help myself!
Is it happy now?

I had my tune done as soon as the first one with the SCT started .. it ran strong pre Tune and didn’t really seem to gain a lot except the trans shift points .. it was a canned tune by Marty .. when I met Marty at a GTG at Brats I had a low idle complaint from the tune so he hooked up his laptop and we went for a ride .. He fixed the idle ! Think I may have been around 10k miles .. after that I installed a transgo shift kit but didn’t like the results so I bought a complete Suncoast modified Valve Body and that made a difference I liked .. Knock on wood it has not had a problem at all .. the hunting 1-2 shift when I first got it drove me nuts and getting the kick down cable adjusted was a touch pain in the bit lol but I got it and it’s been fine ever since .
I never sent the valvebody core back to Suncoast .. the core charge was around 400$ lol and now just sits in a box taking up space .. Bit heck I like my Junk lol

Yes, after experiencing complete destruction it was rebuilt with good stuff and is now better, stronger, faster.
Unfortunately it was also a similar cost to repairing Steve Austin.
The Six million dollar dude comparison lol

Yes, after experiencing complete destruction it was rebuilt with good stuff and is now better, stronger, faster.
Unfortunately it was also a similar cost to repairing Steve Austin.
Oh I remember the six million dollar man!! Glad it's happy that's what counts!

I had my tune done as soon as the first one with the SCT started .. it ran strong pre Tune and didn’t really seem to gain a lot except the trans shift points .. it was a canned tune by Marty .. when I met Marty at a GTG at Brats I had a low idle complaint from the tune so he hooked up his laptop and we went for a ride .. He fixed the idle ! Think I may have been around 10k miles .. after that I installed a transgo shift kit but didn’t like the results so I bought a complete Suncoast modified Valve Body and that made a difference I liked .. Knock on wood it has not had a problem at all .. the hunting 1-2 shift when I first got it drove me nuts and getting the kick down cable adjusted was a touch pain in the bit lol but I got it and it’s been fine ever since .
I never sent the valvebody core back to Suncoast .. the core charge was around 400$ lol and now just sits in a box taking up space .. Bit heck I like my Junk lol
At least it's good junk!

Yes that cable adjustment can be very touchy and takes some experimentation to get it "nearly perfect".

I know a guy (that was) looking for a valvebody core, if you ever wanted to free up some shelf space.

Last edited:
Yes that cable adjustment can be very touchy and takes some experimentation to get it "nearly perfect".

I know a guy (that was) looking for a valvebody core, if you ever wanted to free up some shelf space.
Maybe someday but not sure what a new one would cost .. the core charge was insane IMO and cost me around 400. Heck they look like a 727 Torqueflite .. I wonder if they could be interchangeable .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back