throttle blade shaft

ViperPete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fucking ruined my OEM throttle blade shaft trying to remove it out of my throttle body for the JTSVP TB.

Anyone have a spare throttle blade shaft or complete TB laying around i can buy cheap???

Thanks

Peter

Probably threads.
You can run a tap through and clean em' up enough hopefully.
Just make sure you have proper blade(s) alignment and clearance without any binding
before you locktite & torque the screws.

At least you know how to pump gas in the truck. Or is florida like nj they pump it for you. Lucky for Ryan they do.

I had the TB in my vice and was tapping the shaft out and somehow the blades got hung up and I didn't realize it.

I might be able to salvage it somehow but i'm checking with Tony first.

Good Luck. I know it's got to be a pisser. Haven't started on mine yet. Everyone of us should buy another 10, just so we have parts, and with the price they are selling for that's looking more do able every day.

Good Luck. I know it's got to be a pisser. Haven't started on mine yet. Everyone of us should buy another 10, just so we have parts, and with the price they are selling for that's looking more do able every day.

The TB shaft is hella tight in the TB.

shouldnt be.. you need to start going to the gym and take your truck to the shop.. :D

Eh.... I do both!

I like to do stuff to the truck to learn.

I do break stuff. But that's how I learn most of the time.

Eh.... I do both!

I like to do stuff to the truck to learn.

I do break stuff. But that's how I learn most of the time.

Can you post a picture of the damage?

Ok you surely removed screws and removed blades correct? You mentioned they were binding is why I ask? Seems something simple is being overlooked. Pics?

I can post pics later. Cant post them while at work.

I was tapping the shaft out and I removed the spring.

I can post pics later. Cant post them while at work.

I was tapping the shaft out and I removed the spring.

Thing is no tapping is necessary bro! Once blades are removed it usually slides right out. Hopefully shaft is still good

You haven't removed screws or blades? That's your problem boss
Looks like one blade is bent up? You won't reuse them so it doesn't matter, but looks like you were trying to remove blades with screws in tact? Maybe E is right, you need to bring it to a shop bro

Last edited:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back