throttle blade shaft

to me it Looks like that all heads of the screws broke and now the screws have to be drilled out.

But if you have bought a JTSVP throttle Body, there is normally a
"how to " Installation guide that come with it.....:dontknow:

Looks to me that maybe it's been apart before and screws are from front side? No way he stripped all 4 I wouldn't think?

Peter, be honest, you started drinking early this morning, then thought, "hey, maybe I should work on the truck!".

got it done Sky, put it back in the mail morrow, nothing you done boss, never seen a shaft do that, but its done up complete boss, on its way to you sir

got it done Sky, put it back in the mail morrow, nothing you done boss, never seen a shaft do that, but its done up complete boss, on its way to you sir

So Sky406.....what gives?

Sorry guys was working all day in the yard yesterday and didn't get online.

So, I removed the screws. They came out nice and easy. Then I put the TB in my vice because the shaft would not come out easily. Like it was wedged in there so frikkin tight. I considered putting it in my press but didn't think that would be a good idea. I was tapping (with a shot-peen hammer) the metal end of the shaft where the TB sensor bolts and when I removed the spring, the blades must have gone askew and started to bind up.

That shaft was thoroughly pressed in.

Thanks for fixing the TB for me Tony. You have no idea how much that means to me. I am curious how you guys managed to remove it?

Honestly, i'm a thinker. I do learn by breaking stuff but it surprised me how so many of you were able to do the shaft swap easily. There was no way with regular tools, to remove it. So it wasn't likely that I damaged it because of ignorance.

Last edited:
Sorry guys was working all day in the yard yesterday and didn't get online.

So, I removed the screws. They came out nice and easy. Then I put the TB in my vice because the shaft would not come out easily. Like it was wedged in there so frikkin tight. I considered putting it in my press but didn't think that would be a good idea. I was tapping (with a shot-peen hammer) the metal end of the shaft where the TB sensor bolts and when I removed the spring, the blades must have gone askew and started to bind up.

That shaft was thoroughly pressed in.

Thanks for fixing the TB for me Tony. You have no idea how much that means to me. I am curious how you guys managed to remove it?

Honestly, i'm a thinker. I do learn by breaking stuff but it surprised me how so many of you were able to do the shaft swap easily. There was no way with regular tools, to remove it. So it wasn't likely that I damaged it because of ignorance.

The blades should've been removed before trying to remove shaft bud. That seems to have been your hang up. But pics you sent screws were installed still and from wrong side it looked??
You overnighted it to Tony and he fixed it? That's killer of him to do that for you man!:rock:

What screws are you talking about? I was able to move the shaft about 1/2"

If you look at the pics you will see that the holes for the screws are blocked by the blades, because the holes are further down the shaft.

What screws are you talking about? I was able to move the shaft about 1/2"

If you look at the pics you will see that the holes for the screws are blocked by the blades, because the holes are further down the shaft.

Gotcha! Well then you simply needed to remove the blades the remove shaft bud

Yeah that makes sense too.

Its all good. No wound here. I've been modding a long long time. Shit happens. No big deal.

Glad you got everything taken care of man. Sometimes we don't appropriate the quality of the vendors that we have on this site. I 've bought products from Scott, Tony & Justin & they have all done whatever was needed to help me with the product. Thanks guys for helping us with our 10's.

Glad you got everything taken care of man. Sometimes we don't appropriate the quality of the vendors that we have on this site. I 've bought products from Scott, Tony & Justin & they have all done whatever was needed to help me with the product. Thanks guys for helping us with our 10's.

very nicely said sir and much appreciated, I wish more thought as you, enjoy the holidays boss

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back