Tires

Absolutely they are in the hens teeth category :):oops: speedlines that is
X2 is probably the only place to get them these days ,, sad they stopped making a lot of things so fast on the trucks

I been running Yokohama Parada 305/40/22 they are a bit pricey but they are great and quiet. They make my 10 fly.
I have Yokohama on my daily driver and like then very much. Good to know they work well on the trucks - thanks!!

IMG_1217.pngIMG_1218.pngCheck and compare specs between tires
Parades and Nexen .. Nexen has a little better tread wear but basically the same specs . I use the Nexen as the price was cheaper . No matter what tire you use on these trucks they don’t last a long time . Between the PIRELLIS , KHUMOS AND NEXEN which I have used all , have lasted between 23k to 30k . PIRELLIS were the worst , NEXANS out lasted the KHUMOS buy a couple 1000 miles . Price wise NEXENS . KHUMO had raised the price significantly and I opted for the NEXENS .
I have no idea about the Paradas except the truck owners have used them for a long time ..Looking at the specs , tread at specs I will assume they are close in comparison . Making a tire choice based on the price .

No tire available has same speed rating as pirellis which may not matter to cars&coffee drivers but those of us who actually drive their trucks as intended are screwed. There are some pirellis available, only sold in Europe n need someone to ship to you. $6-800 each plus shipping

No tire available has same speed rating as pirellis which may not matter to cars&coffee drivers but those of us who actually drive their trucks as intended are screwed. There are some pirellis available, only sold in Europe n need someone to ship to you. $6-800 each plus shipping
Driving as intended ? Only on the Autobahn maybe at max speed .. most people aren’t going to be driving over 100 mph on a steady basis . If they did they wouldn’t own any car or have a drivers license very long lol ..
even with other makes the speed range isn’t far off and is extremely acceptable for even racing … The cost for a name is BS IMO .. it doesn’t justify the means at all with Perellis compared to less expensive tires .

Driving as intended ? Only on the Autobahn maybe at max speed .. most people aren’t going to be driving over 100 mph on a steady basis . If they did they wouldn’t own any car or have a drivers license very long lol ..
even with other makes the speed range isn’t far off and is extremely acceptable for even racing … The cost for a name is BS IMO .. it doesn’t justify the means at all with Perellis compared to less expensive tires .
I have to agree for whatever it's worth. If driving over the tire rating is "as intended" we better all be on a race track i dont think you could even achieve the speed rating on a drag strip lol

Plus the ratings are at a sustained
speed for a certain amount of time like 12 minutes i believe.

But there's something for everyone! Hahahaha

Drive safe everyone!!

I have to agree for whatever it's worth. If driving over the tire rating is "as intended" we better all be on a race track i dont think you could even achieve the speed rating on a drag strip lol

Plus the ratings are at a sustained
speed for a certain amount of time like 12 minutes i believe.

But there's something for everyone! Hahahaha

Drive safe everyone!!
;)

I just put on a set of Toyo Proxes replacing Generals that only lasted 15k miles. After much shopping on and off the internet at name and no-name brands, I found that the cost of having a store mount a tire bought on line and possible defects a low cost tire might have and the headache to return said tire, made me go with a reputable tire store and a tire they carried. I bought my tires for $860 out the door at Discount Tire. They do free rotations and tire patched two tires in the past for me at no cost. Read reviews of tire stores in your area. Check for holiday sales too!

I just put on a set of Toyo Proxes replacing Generals that only lasted 15k miles. After much shopping on and off the internet at name and no-name brands, I found that the cost of having a store mount a tire bought on line and possible defects a low cost tire might have and the headache to return said tire, made me go with a reputable tire store and a tire they carried. I bought my tires for $860 out the door at Discount Tire. They do free rotations and tire patched two tires in the past for me at no cost. Read reviews of tire stores in your area. Check for holiday sales too!
For that very reason I use Americas tire (Discount Tire is parent company) - between the two stores they are in many locations in many states and offer a great warranty, free rotation, free air checks and have great customer service. With so many stores they have access to many tires all the time.

Good seeing you by the way!

General Tire is based in Akron OH , but is a Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Continental Aktiengesellschaft .
As for defects on tires , you can bet all manufacturers have the strictest government laws , rules and specs in tire manufacturing .. Any defects found are discarded at the plants through the making process , ….
Michelin is a French owned company that has plants in the US .. They are extremely careful in their inspections of every process making every tire . My son worked there for 14 years .
Remember Firestone and the tires on Ford Broncos years ago that was determined to be the cause of accidents and deaths .. They had to answer big time to congressional hearing and huge law suits .. They all have to make sure tires coming off the line DO NOT HAVE DEFECTS …. Especially if sold in the US and probably anyother country . I’m not saying some defects don’t get through as with anything else but you can bet it’s rare .

Toyo tire is Japanese and involved with China … Just like many tire companies have manufacturing locations around the world .. Imwould bet there is no such thing as a American tire maker lol

Discount tire is a middleman tire company ,, They sell everyone’s tires .. the benefits is they can discount the tires by being large enough due to sheer volume …

Like our Trucks they are listed in the Guinness book of world records .. lol . ; ….
Wifey in action ! :D
Our 1975 "Thank You" commercial holds the Guinness World Record for longest-running TV advertisement

General Tire is based in Akron OH , but is a Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Continental Aktiengesellschaft .
As for defects on tires , you can bet all manufacturers have the strictest government laws , rules and specs in tire manufacturing .. Any defects found are discarded at the plants through the making process , ….
Michelin is a French owned company that has plants in the US .. They are extremely careful in their inspections of every process making every tire . My son worked there for 14 years .
Remember Firestone and the tires on Ford Broncos years ago that was determined to be the cause of accidents and deaths .. They had to answer big time to congressional hearing and huge law suits .. They all have to make sure tires coming off the line DO NOT HAVE DEFECTS …. Especially if sold in the US and probably anyother country . I’m not saying some defects don’t get through as with anything else but you can bet it’s rare .
I used Michelin my whole car owning life until the new car i got came with primacy's - the sidewalls checked bad within three years! I was told it's a compound change that caused that. So i tried yokohamas cuz i was boycotting Michelin - so far they are great but i will go back to Michelin my next set - i just need to verify which model didn't have that compound change

Discount tire is a middleman tire company ,, They sell everyone’s tires .. the benefits is they can discount the tires by being large enough due to sheer volume …

Like our Trucks they are listed in the Guinness book of world records .. lol . ; ….
Wifey in action ! :D
Our 1975 "Thank You" commercial holds the Guinness World Record for longest-running TV advertisement
Ha! Just saw this! I didn't know -

Here's to all the old ladies!! lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back