What does your knuckle show?

55be1c1c-70ea-4b29-9db2-5af95d8c7767.jpgSo everyone doesn't thing I'm scammer. Here is my original master template developing the spacer / adapter, for the adapting the 48RE four-speed automatic transmission from the Ram Heavy Duty transmission. It has been in my closet for 20 years, faded quit a bit.

View attachment 67126So everyone doesn't thing I'm scammer. Here is my original master template developing the spacer / adapter, for the adapting the 48RE four-speed automatic transmission from the Ram Heavy Duty transmission. It has been in my closet for 20 years, faded quit a bit. If you could read the template, you'd see the the different location of the dowel pin, on the right side. T56 vs 48RE
25a603ae-9da4-4e04-8d5b-6ab306a8ca5c.jpg

One more tid-bit. The rear frame shackle frame mounted is different between the QC and SC. If I remember the SC cab shackle weldment is 45 mm shorter. The QC is longer achieving the the taller ride height.

View attachment 67125
Where did you get that book ? .. dated 10/31/2002 .. with a grease finger print on it lol ..

The QC were build for towing so that makes sense ..

View attachment 67126So everyone doesn't thing I'm scammer. Here is my original master template developing the spacer / adapter, for the adapting the 48RE four-speed automatic transmission from the Ram Heavy Duty transmission. It has been in my closet for 20 years, faded quit a bit.
Appears you worked at the assembly plant or were involved with designing..
that would make your knowledge massive ..
the ultimate question is how were they numbered off the assembly line and how many were truly produced ?

Where did you get that book ? .. dated 10/31/2002 .. with a grease finger print on it lol ..
I was the build supervisor ASC inc, we did the development for DCX, QC and RC We were on Doris rd., Auburn Hills Mich, just down the the street from the FREC building, also known as the PVO Building. We did start prototyping the 07, when the program was canceled.

I was the build supervisor ASC inc, we did the development for DCX, QC and RC We were on Doris rd., Auburn Hills Mich, just down the the street from the FREC building, also known as the PVO Building. We did start prototyping the 07, when the program was canceled.
That might explain why I remember seeing a write up in one of the magazines on the "2007" Dodge Ram Srt-10! Can't remember the magazine right now

SC were on top the leaf spring, QC WERE ON THE UNDER SIDE THE SPRING. They were shipped from Dana, in both configurations.
That's what I thought! Thanks!

You seem familiar - not sure why I think that lol

Excellent

SC were on top the leaf spring, QC WERE ON THE UNDER SIDE THE SPRING. They were shipped from Dana, in both configurations.
Just so I understand, what was on top of, or below the leaf spring? I lost something along the way.

Btw: divco13, thanks for joining us here. Your inside knowledge is very much welcome. The trucks are a dying breed due to people totaling them.

The QC leaf springs are on top of the rear end .
The SC leaf springs are on the bottom of the rear end

Last edited:
You both read what he wrote wrong. "He said SC were on top the leaf spring, QC WERE ON THE UNDER SIDE THE SPRING." He was talking about the axle.
Confusion is a must lol … the rear end is the full axle assy.. My leaf springs are below the rear end / axle .. The SC rear end / axle are on the top of the leaf springs .

The rear end on the SC was was bolted on the bottom of the leaf springs and the QC’s the rear end was bolted was bolted on the top of the leaf springs.
You both read what he wrote wrong. "He said SC were on top the leaf spring, QC WERE ON THE UNDER SIDE THE SPRING." He was talking about the axle.
That's what the reference i posted says unless i read that wrong - lol

Confusion is a must lol … the rear end is the full axle assy.. My leaf springs are below the rear end / axle .. The SC rear end / axle are on the top of the leaf springs .
I knew exactly what he meant - not sure how we read that wrong?

The SC are "flipped" - perfect! Hahahaha

@HemiLonestar is smoking that stuff now! It's an epidemic - Lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back