Where can I purchase a Metric Adjustable Open End Wrench?

2005ViperRam

Reaction score
Just kidding,
But now that I’ve got your attention, why can’t I find the torque measurements for the Inner Tye Rod in the 2005 service manual?
I’ve search on “Inner Tye Rod” and only a few items come up, but not the torque values.
If you find them, can you tell me the page you found them, and what words you used to find them.
Also, when you changed the inner rod, did you cut the factory binding clamp on the large rubber sleeve? I was trying to open it up
with a screwdriver but it broke. Now I’m wondering if everyone just uses a common screw clamp.
Thanks….
btw: I have no doubt that someone will not read this area, and will pounce on the subject. I just can’t wait to see he answers…

Attachments

• IMG_3464.jpeg
    IMG_3464.jpeg
    463 KB · Views: 4
Yes the best metric wrhecn on the market hahaha !

There are no torque specs for the inner tie rod end .. you tightened them snug with a wrench Be carful not to crank the rod nut down to hard as you can damage the steering rack .
The clamp you cut off and replace with a tie tie strap , It just hoods the boot on .
The outer tie rod end bolt s torque and the outer tie rod lock blot s just snugged tight with a wrench .
There are many videos that show how .. this is one vid . Others will explain more of the whys and what not to does !

Hmmmm.
Search Tie Rod instead of Tye Rod.
Section 19, Pages 53 and 54 has info on what they call the Outer Tie Rod. No info on inner that I could find.

I don't know if this helps or not.

Hmmmm.
Search Tie Rod instead of Tye Rod.
Section 19, Pages 53 and 54 has info on the Outer Tie Rod (video).

I don't know if this helps or not.
Bwahahaha!!! You took the words right out of my mouth then I decided to be kind. When I typed Tye rod it converted to tie so I figured that wasn't the issue -

You can't be thin skinned on here :D

No, I had trouble tieing my shoe when I was a kid living in England. But I had no problem tyeing it.

Maybe a round of "Up Yours" is in order??
You probably buy tyres too!! Hahahaha

No, I had trouble tieing my shoe when I was a kid living in England. But I had no problem tyeing it.

Maybe a round of "Up Yours" is in order??
Did you ever try "tying" it instead???

Hahahaha!!

Great video!
The only thing I didn’t like is he used channel locks instead of an actual wrench. Maybe he didn’t have that handy dandy metric opened end wrench, lol.
I never even thought of using a cable tie. Thank God you said that. Luckily to, AutoZone loans a free tool that fits the inner tie rod nut. What’s weird is the wrench size is 28.4 for that inside nut. I’ve never heard of a measurement like that.

Great video!
The only thing I didn’t like is he used channel locks instead of an actual wrench. Maybe he didn’t have that handy dandy metric opened end wrench, lol.
I never even thought of using a cable tie. Thank God you said that. Luckily to, AutoZone loans a free tool that fits the inner tie rod nut. What’s weird is the wrench size is 28.4 for that inside nut. I’ve never heard of a measurement like that.
28.4mm is 1.1 inches
As a country, we switched to the Metric System in 1975 (no vote on that one) and I still find myself switching back and forth between Metric and Imperial.

Great video!
These threads can be helpful once you weed your way through the garbage the hos post!! Hahah

Btw, I just took my LCA back to the machine shop. They pressed the bushing in too far.

My recommendation is to measure the inside distance between the metal-to-metal on the two sets of bushing. The correct distance is 8 1/4 inch. They had them at 8 inch. The LCA would not budge that mere 1/4 inch, thus would not fit.

Luckily, I bought two spare sets of LCA, which I had powered coated for both trucks. The old (non powdercoated one) that was on the truck that I removed yesterday was available that I could measure and physically show them the difference.

Beleieve me, you can’t move the bushing 1/4 inch without a machine shop doing it.

Where's Django when you need him!! Oh he would have a heyday for shure! Hehehe

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back