LIMIT ON NUMBER OF ITEMS OFFERED FOR SALE

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSTJACK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forum members are limited to the total of 5 (five) items per month offered or listed for sale.

Due to some members using the Forum as a business and in defferance to our paying vendors. There will be a limit of 5 (Five) items listed or offered for sale per month.

This includes all sections of the Forum, and includes any item offered for sale in any section of the Forum. This policy is in force immediatly, and warnings will not be given.

Violation of this will mean a total loss of all Forum privileges.

does that include "wanted" items??????

ZCx said:
does that include "wanted" items??????

There is no limit to the number of items a member may post in wanted, but does include all sections of the Forum when offering or tendering items,

Does it restart every month, or do we get rollover minutes?

I agree it is fair to the vendors though. :rock:

Does that mean if i was selling rear lowering kit off my truck i could not do it in one month?? I got 2 blocks, 4 u bolts, 4 nuts and 4 washers so that would be 2+4+4+4=14. Damn, 14 items would take me just under 3 months to sell :D :D :D

Hi Jack, long time no see :ciao: :ciao: :ciao: :ciao:

Cudajon said:
I agree it is fair to the vendors though. :rock:

I agree with the intent here, but honestly are there really that many people doing that here with more than personal stuff? What about things that none of the vendors have? We've had plenty of laptops, etc., being sold. Are we to count those as well? I personally haven't seen this happening, and I hang around here plenty of time each day.

However, I have to disagree with this policy when it comes to personal items. Most, if not all, of the stuff I see listed is just being sold to make a few bucks back, not to make a buck. There's a substantial difference there, and again, I think it would be quite obvious when someone is selling personal items and when they're selling as a kind of business.

It ought to be obvious enough if someone's trying to circumvent the vendor status when hawking their stuff. If there are members on here doing that, punish them. I'm sure you know who's doing it. I don't believe it's right to just unilaterally impose limitations on everyone. Let's stick to a basic rule that sales of non-personal items, especially as a business, are forbidden w/o paying for vendor status.

Why isn't enforcement of that good enough?:dontknow:

...just a thought here.;)

Voodoo said:
Does that mean if i was selling rear lowering kit off my truck i could not do it in one month?? I got 2 blocks, 4 u bolts, 4 nuts and 4 washers so that would be 2+4+4+4=14. Damn, 14 items would take me just under 3 months to sell :D :D :D

Hi Jack, long time no see :ciao: :ciao: :ciao: :ciao:

:confused: Howdy Jack,
Just to be informed correctly does a set of used widgets ( 8 used widgets to a set, hypothetical) and 8 differant folks want one each, does that constitute 8 sales in a month from the (1) original listing :confused:
Thanks Jerry
Oh, almost forgot, When does the monthly Period start and stop, the first, listing date, or?????

Last edited:
A suggestion only:

www.jtsvp.com has a classifieds page that can be used. There in a small fee, but you there is no limit. Tony has a place for pictures and detailed information if you want.

Currently there is no link to the page because there are no items in the classifieds section.

Again, just a suggestion......

Jack, if this is a bad idea for you, just let me know

Jeff

ViperJeff said:
Jack, if this is a bad idea for you, just let me know

Jeff

Blasphemer! You are banned!:D

Not a bad suggestion, but again, are we really having such a problem with some people that mods can't either PM them with warnings or offers of vendor status, delete their listings, or ban them from the forum?

I really think we can do better than imposing limits on personal stuff, or charging members for the ability to do so.

Shit Jack, make me a mod. I'll cruise the for sale section like a soup nazi if necessary.:p

another rule im imposing too since jack gave me access to the ban button is a min. of 50 posts before you try to sell anything i think that they may help more than makin a limit

I think this is extremely reasonable. :dontknow:

........... I just have one question, Jack....

What about "charity auctions", like we've had in the past? You know, the one's that benefit a hurting member?

I hope you are doing well, my Friend..... It's been a long time. :eek:

505'sFastestViper. said:
another rule im imposing too since jack gave me access to the ban button is a min. of 50 posts before you try to sell anything i think that they may help more than makin a limit

Not a bad idea. Perhaps we combine these two ideas, whereby persons with fewer than 50 posts will be limited to 5 items per month. ;)

Jack I have never seen any regular members using this forum to start a business selling their items for a living. I have however seen some members sell their items out of necessity to survive in todays economy.

I agree to use this forum as a business without paying vendor dues should not be allowed at all.

Maybe we could do this on a case by case basis and allow certain members that are financially struggling to slide a bit on the 5 items per month guideline.

Just my $.01 since i'm struggling as well.:D

i have one to add yes its fair to the vendors and this place is all about helping our fellow members when things get ruff but what if a memeber is doing a part out of there truck after they blow its up and need help, and cash fast what are they supposed to do??? wait to month till they can sell all theres parts when you think of it that way its kinda sad dont you think. i think of this place kinda like a firehouse its all abou botherhood but thats my .2

ya this rule is gay ... if ppl are using it to abuse the forum i can see giving them a talking to... what if someone stips there truck down and is selling it and they have ... well lets see a quick lil list

1.Shifter
2.floormats
3.gas filler door
4.headers
5.mids
6.catback
7. lowering kit
8. CAI
9. Superchager
10.Tauno cover
11 . Headlight covers
12. tail light covers

etcetc... u mean to tell me this person can only sell them 5 at a time so it will take months for this to happen... that is plain stupid......

i think you should take up this matter with personal situations ..... not a stupid " flat tax"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back