LIMIT ON NUMBER OF ITEMS OFFERED FOR SALE

Status
Not open for further replies.
SrtBrad said:
Jack I have never seen any regular members using this forum to start a business selling their items for a living. I have however seen some members sell their items out of necessity to survive in todays economy.

I agree to use this forum as a business without paying vendor dues should not be allowed at all.

Maybe we could do this on a case by case basis and allow certain members that are financially struggling to slide a bit on the 5 items per month guideline.

Just my $.01 since i'm struggling as well.:D

I think you are ABSOLUTELY 100% correct, Brad..... :eek:

I just think some of the "vendors" complained, and the Administrators "have" to comply to the paying "vendors" wishes. ;) It's all business, my friend. :confused: :dontknow:

That is completely cool, IMO. The vendors pay a pretty-penny to sell their warez here. So, they should be entitled to have total control. :) The mandates sited are very reasonable, IMO. .... The folks trying to get rid of extra parts for the sake of keeping afloat should be able to do so.... But, only at the specific quantities mandated by the site owners. :)

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
ya this rule is gay ... if ppl are using it to abuse the forum i can see giving them a talking to... what if someone stips there truck down and is selling it and they have ... well lets see a quick lil list

1.Shifter
2.floormats
3.gas filler door
4.headers
5.mids
6.catback
7. lowering kit
8. CAI
9. Superchager
10.Tauno cover
11 . Headlight covers
12. tail light covers

etcetc... u mean to tell me this person can only sell them 5 at a time so it will take months for this to happen... that is plain stupid......

i think you should take up this matter with personal situations ..... not a stupid " flat tax"
I agree I like to see a modded truck getting parted out it is like boxing day, black friday (for the US guys) I think if you sell any more than two of the same thing per month than don't allow it. If you do more than a few months in a row that is not right either.

I would rather see members here get a crack at this stuff than be cruising e-gay to find their used srt-10 parts instead of coming here altogether.

trubuilt said:
I would rather see members here get a crack at this stuff than be cruising e-gay to find their used srt-10 parts instead of coming here altogether.
Kinda like keeping it in the family :rock: Most of the parts originated here, they might as well end up here. :marchmellow:

Black1 said:
I think you are ABSOLUTELY 100% correct, Brad..... :eek:

I just think some of the "vendors" complained, and the Administrators "have" to comply to the paying "vendors" wishes. ;) It's all business, my friend. :confused: :dontknow:

That is completely cool, IMO. The vendors pay a pretty-penny to sell their warez here. So, they should be entitled to have total control. :) The mandates sited are very reasonable, IMO. .... The folks trying to get rid of extra parts for the sake of keeping afloat should be able to do so.... But, only at the specific quantities mandated by the site owners. :)

It seems as though it must be vendor complaint related, however, it would be hard to imagine any of our vendors complaining about individuals selling a few of their used (or takeoff mods) on this forum to pay a few bills or put food on their tables. :dontknow:

I personally haven't noticed any vendors that are in the take-off parts biz on here, but maybe I missed it somewhere. :confused:

I like SRTVENOMOUS post that if individuals sell the SAME items over and over, it would be a business, then there should be reprocussions because we do have vendors for that.

But, if someone is selling their parts to put a few meals on their table and others are picking them up at a good deal, it seems like a win-win situation (to me) for all parties involved and I thought that's what the forum family was all about, people helping people. Heck, some folks like to get rid of a a few old parts and try out some new ones. It would be a shame to have to shop flea bay for SRT-10 parts when we have so many options here.

I'm just a guest in Jack's house, so if Jack wants this rule, Jack should get his wish. For those who are having a hard time and trying to get by, it seems like it will just prolong their situation(s).

I know I for one would never try to compete with a vendor or cause him to be put out of business by selling the parts that I acquired on this forum in the first place and I certainly don't think anyone else on here would either.

Just my .03 ...........

Last edited:
Contact me at 619-444-2360

I thank all of you that have posted on this thread regarding the (5) five item per month listing rule.

If I aquire an item with the intention of reselling that item I am a business.
If I have parts left over after modding, or selling my truck, that is not a business.

We have an individual that recently posted (23) items for sale on a single thread. This person has aquired these parts with the intention of reselling them.

It has been brought up that such a thing does not interfere with our vendors selling new parts. In all actuallity it does as the vendor might sell a new part.

I have bought many things from Forum members over the last few years with great success. I have saved a few dollars and the seller unloaded things that were no longer needed.

That is what the buy/sell section is all about.

If anyone here needs or has more than 5 items to sell at one time, they can contact me and we can work something out.

If you are aquiring parts and then reselling them, that will not work here, go to Ebay, or become a vendor.

FSTJACK said:
I thank all of you that have posted on this thread regarding the (5) five item per month listing rule.

If I have parts left over after modding, or selling my truck, that is not a business.

We have an individual that recently posted (23) items for sale on a single thread. This person has aquired these parts with the intention of reselling them.

It has been brought up that such a thing does not interfere with our vendors selling new parts. In all actuallity it does as the vendor might sell a new part.

I have bought many things from Forum members over the last few years with great success. I have saved a few dollars and the seller unloaded things that were no longer needed.

If anyone here needs or has more than 5 items to sell at one time, they can contact me and we can work something out.

If you are aquiring parts and then reselling them, that will not work here, go to Ebay, or become a vendor.

That sounds very reasonable and fair to our vendors.:rock:

Wifey said:
I'm just a guest in Jack's house, so if Jack wants this rule, Jack should get his wish.

this is probably the best quote on the entire thread. Doesnt matter who complained, doesnt matter why....what jack and patrick say is pretty much forum law...period. :rock:

If it's just the one person, why not put this rule in place for them only along with a firm warning? Why should this one persons actions result in other abiding members losing their privileges, not to mention those supporting members. I have seen many threads with people selling used old parts that members fight to get and in a lot of cases they list more than 5. I haven't see said thread or any signs of scalping but I think this idea is the wrong way about it. All it does is make the "good" members, 99% of them, suffer due to this 1 or handful of people. A few firm words and the use of the ban button will soon take care of any repeat offenders whilst still allowing those who are here for the hobby, to can get on with their passion. I have posted 1 item in the for sale section in my 1 year on board so it really doesn't effect me but I just think there are too many rules that are not needed in today's world and forums like this don't need to follow suit.

My 0.02c

i would say because you cant enforce a rule on one and not others. fair way to be is make it a rule for everyone to follow. just my opinion

eddie102870 said:
i would say because you cant enforce a rule on one and not others. fair way to be is make it a rule for everyone to follow. just my opinion
I respect your opinion and all but this is an open forum with mature members. It's not kindergarten where you must share you cookies with everyone or not at all (all or nothing). So you're saying because of 1 person, 10,000 others should have to change? Sorry, this is nothing against you but it's happening everywhere. There was a local sign down here, been there for 5-6 months, had something like a lady in a bra with cleavage. No one said anything until this 1 person laid a complaint to the city council. The city council removed it for this person. Sometimes people (not saying in this case) need to just sit back and say, "Oi, mate, get a life........." and keep it there. Too PC these days. Bring back canes and glove less boxing LOL. :D

:p

FSTJACK said:

Since by now it is very apparent to me that I am the one who has caused this thread to evolve in the first place I would like to apologize to everyone it may have affected :(

I would like to clarify that I did not purchase these stock parts with the intent of reselling them. I acquired these stock parts from members here on the forum who were either;

1) selling them since they needed money or were modding or
2) were holding fundraisers to help other members in need of financial or
3) Giving away parts they were going to be throwing away if no one wanted them

I have acquired these parts slowly over the last 4 years (some even prior to the beginning of this forum) realizing these are limited edition trucks and stock parts would become increasingly harder to come by. I planned on being able to keep them forever to use on my truck in case I needed parts.

Many members on the forum are looking for stock items because they are either turning their trucks back over to the lenders or selling and want to return them to stock for resale. Some members are also modding their trucks and want to avoid the down-time while waiting so they buy the extra part for use in the mean time and hope to sell it later when their mod is complete.

Unfortunately, as you are aware, things in our lives have changed and I am unable to keep these parts now.We are hoping to be able to keep our house and our truck. I was simply offering some of the stock parts for sale to help pay our bills and in doing so giving our forum family a chance at a good deal, too.

With all the respect that is due to you Jack, I do not wish to have any further problems with you, in your home. So, in the event I would like to offer some of the few remaining items I have for sale will you please clarify these questions for me?

1) When am I able to list 5 items - (from here forward)?

2) Can each member of the forum sell 5 items per month?

3) If a member posts they are "wanting" an item (that I may have) but the item is not currently up for sale in a thread may I contact that member by PM and let he/she know I have it?

Respectfully submitted and thank you for your time,

Denise

OK, now I feel like an ass lol. Nothing against you Wifey, I was posting thinking it was some newb with like 2 weeks log in time and 47 posts. You've been here a while now, I would have thought posting an "abnormal" amount of items for sale once and a while would have been acceptable seeing as though you're a big part of this place. :)

Carlwalski said:
OK, now I feel like an ass lol. Nothing against you Wifey, I was posting thinking it was some newb with like 2 weeks log in time and 47 posts. You've been here a while now, I would have thought posting an "abnormal" amount of items for sale once and a while would have been acceptable seeing as though you're a big part of this place. :)

You'd a thought, especially since it is only out of financial necessity and this is a family. :dontknow:

However, I just want to comply with Jack's wishes ............

Carlwalski said:
I respect your opinion and all but this is an open forum with mature members. It's not kindergarten where you must share you cookies with everyone or not at all (all or nothing). So you're saying because of 1 person, 10,000 others should have to change? Sorry, this is nothing against you but it's happening everywhere. There was a local sign down here, been there for 5-6 months, had something like a lady in a bra with cleavage. No one said anything until this 1 person laid a complaint to the city council. The city council removed it for this person. Sometimes people (not saying in this case) need to just sit back and say, "Oi, mate, get a life........." and keep it there. Too PC these days. Bring back canes and glove less boxing LOL. :D

i know its not kindergarten but this place has to be fair to EVERYBODY for it to last. you cant impose rules for one and not another.

Carlwalski said:

So that cancer has spread to more countries than just the U.S.:(

I dont have a dog in this deal but done a ton of thinking on the situation.

maybe for members that are in certain situations needing to release themselves from a large number of items such as 10-15 or more , maybe they could pay a one time fee of say $40-$50, or say a certain $ a month depending on the number of items for sale:dontknow: depending on the number of items such as any classified section would.

This could relieve the stress from those vendors that do sell oem items, by at least knowing the party is also paying a sub-vendor fee.

If both parties could speak together with a person moderating , this situation may be able to be resolved.

Since I have been on both sides of the fence I can see both sides, but this is my only post on the subject, but hope it helps some:)

Stinker said:
I dont have a dog in this deal but done a ton of thinking on the situation.

maybe for members that are in certain situations needing to release themselves from a large number of items such as 10-15 or more , maybe they could pay a one time fee of say $40-$50, or say a certain $ a month depending on the number of items for sale:dontknow: depending on the number of items such as any classified section would.

This could relieve the stress from those vendors that do sell oem items, by at least knowing the party is also paying a sub-vendor fee.

If both parties could speak together with a person moderating , this situation may be able to be resolved.

Since I have been on both sides of the fence I can see both sides, but this is my only post on the subject, but hope it helps some:)

Actually that sounds really fair and to add to your idea I propose that those fees be collected by the VTCOA and be distributed amongst the vendors to lower their monthly fee for that particular month.

Here is an example:
Lets just say we have 10 vendors. Each vendor pays 10 dollars per month. That would equal $100 total. If a member pays $10 this month to sell more than 5 items then that $10 should be distributed amongst the 10 vendors making their monthly payment only $9 for that month.

This is only an idea but that does make sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back