LIMIT ON NUMBER OF ITEMS OFFERED FOR SALE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stinker said:
I dont have a dog in this deal but done a ton of thinking on the situation.

maybe for members that are in certain situations needing to release themselves from a large number of items such as 10-15 or more , maybe they could pay a one time fee of say $40-$50, or say a certain $ a month depending on the number of items for sale:dontknow: depending on the number of items such as any classified section would.

This could relieve the stress from those vendors that do sell oem items, by at least knowing the party is also paying a sub-vendor fee.

If both parties could speak together with a person moderating , this situation may be able to be resolved.

Since I have been on both sides of the fence I can see both sides, but this is my only post on the subject, but hope it helps some:)

I agree the sub vendor fee would be fair to vendors who specialize in USED oem parts, but I'm not aware of any on this forum. :dontknow:

I can't speak for others with parts they want to sell, but in my case, I don't have NEW oem parts (with the exception of a couple).

The problem with a "listing fee" in my opinion is that most of the items put up for sale here don't sell to quick anyway unless you happen to have a couple of higher dollar items that someone is looking to get a good deal on. The rest of the items just sit there.

I am not looking for a debate on the subject just waiting for Jack to let me know the answers to the 3 questions I asked so I can be in compliance with his wishes.

Last edited:
MUTT said:
this is probably the best quote on the entire thread. Doesnt matter who complained, doesnt matter why....what jack and patrick say is pretty much forum law...period. :rock:

Uh, no. Not hardly.

If Jack and Patrick were a-holes, I'd accept that.

Thing is, they're not.

Jack started this thread, and waited a couple of days to see what kind of input the thread garnered. That says that they know that in spite of their being mods &/or owners, they respect our input. It is a family/community that we have here, and they more than anyone else do not want this to become another NFFF. That said, I believe that the reality is just the opposite of "their house, their rules, and that's that.";)

Ram From Hell said:
Jack started this thread, and waited a couple of days to see what kind of input the thread garnered. That says that they know that in spite of their being mods &/or owners, they respect our input. It is a family/community that we have here, and they more than anyone else do not want this to become another NFFF. That said, I believe that the reality is just the opposite of "their house, their rules, and that's that.";)

Now THAT'S the best quote on this thread. :)

Wifey said:
I agree the sub vendor fee would be fair to vendors who specialize in USED oem parts, but I'm not aware of any on this forum. :dontknow:

I can't speak for others with parts they want to sell, but in my case, I don't have NEW oem parts (with the exception of a couple).

Ok, with risk of pumping my reputation back to the old days let me put it the best way I can, and please, this is from the outside looking in, so dont hate me for it:)

But you kinda answered your own statement and described what Jack is trying to convey to the forum.

There is no vendor that specializes in used parts at this point, but when a person compiles a large number of parts for little or no $, and then resales those parts for a profit, then that is considered a business,you are making a profit, and to the administrators a profitable business should pay vendor fees, whether its for personal reasons or not. A person that is returning or selling a truck or vehicle and pulling parts and selling them is a different situation alltogether, they are removing their personal parts, since most modded trucks bring no more than a stock truck , and giving members a good deal on a used part from there personal truck.

And posting 20+ items for sale really looks like a biz, some of the vendors hear dont have 20 items posted, so that in itself makes things look bad.

That is the view that is being seen, especially when a year or so back the same thing was done with another member that was actually buying parts on ebay and then reselling them here to our members, so its not actually the first time this situation has come up.

Stinker said:
Ok, with risk of pumping my reputation back to the old days let me put it the best way I can, and please, this is from the outside looking in, so dont hate me for it:)

But you kinda answered your own statement and described what Jack is trying to convey to the forum.

There is no vendor that specializes in used parts at this point, but when a person compiles a large number of parts for little or no $, and then resales those parts for a profit, then that is considered a business,you are making a profit, and to the administrators a profitable business should pay vendor fees, whether its for personal reasons or not. A person that is returning or selling a truck or vehicle and pulling parts and selling them is a different situation alltogether, they are removing their personal parts, since most modded trucks bring no more than a stock truck , and giving members a good deal on a used part from there personal truck.

And posting 20+ items for sale really looks like a biz, some of the vendors hear dont have 20 items posted, so that in itself makes things look bad.

That is the view that is being seen, especially when a year or so back the same thing was done with another member that was actually buying parts on ebay and then reselling them here to our members, so its not actually the first time this situation has come up.

No offense taken. A business usually makes a profit - I haven't profited one dime. I'm not trying to.

We'll make it easy - I have no parts for sale ................

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Thanks Wifey for the no offense taken:)

it was my feeble attempt to relay more of what I think the administrator was trying to relay to the forum, its basically what I gather from his statements........I truely hope it offends no one:eek:

Ram From Hell said:
Uh, no. Not hardly.

If Jack and Patrick were a-holes, I'd accept that.

Thing is, they're not.

well i mostly agree with you...they are not a-holes and this site is not ran like the NFFF, but sometimes they need to make a rule or change a rule and should be able to do so without listening to people b!tch and moan.

Jack did post and wait until he had some input, and then in post #27, he modified his original post to state that a member selling more than 5 items could contact him and they could work something out. This seems more than fair, and is not ruling with the proverbial "iron fist". Thats what makes this place better than any other forum.

By adding that to his original post, any member that needs to sell parts to fix their truck or pay their mortgage or even put food on the table, can contact jack and inform him of their intentions. I find it hard to believe that jack or anyone else would have a problem with someone selling parts to make ends meet.

I think the original post was more of a guideline to let people know that if they intend on selling parts, month after month, new or old, then they will have to pay a vendor fee, just like any other vendor on this site. But of course, this is only my opinion:D

MUTT said:
well i mostly agree with you...they are not a-holes and this site is not ran like the NFFF, but sometimes they need to make a rule or change a rule and should be able to do so without listening to people b!tch and moan.

Jack did post and wait until he had some input, and then in post #27, he modified his original post to state that a member selling more than 5 items could contact him and they could work something out. This seems more than fair, and is not ruling with the proverbial "iron fist". Thats what makes this place better than any other forum.

By adding that to his original post, any member that needs to sell parts to fix their truck or pay their mortgage or even put food on the table, can contact jack and inform him of their intentions. I find it hard to believe that jack or anyone else would have a problem with someone selling parts to make ends meet.

I think the original post was more of a guideline to let people know that if they intend on selling parts, month after month, new or old, then they will have to pay a vendor fee, just like any other vendor on this site. But of course, this is only my opinion:D

:dito:

just post them on craigs list,or post them for sale on dodgetalk.com there is no such rule on parts already used ,then post a link ,,,unless that is not allowed either

my big question is i have four rims for sale with four tires on them is that concidered over the limit ,,seems like penny pintching to me

Last edited:
Stinker said:

I see what you are saying Stinker but in reality, who's selling 20+ items for profit every month!? Wifey (apparently) and I think that isn't a case of trying to rob people, she probably stands to make, what, $200-$300? in "profit" for the month IF she sells the used items, if you ask me, it's hardly robbing the vault or putting any vendors out of pocket lol. So now because of this people are not allowed to post 6 items or more over the space of 30 days? lol.

What about the other side of the coin, what about those members they are helping? I also think if this junk follows through that PAYING members are exempt, the fees have to pay for something other than a few FAQ threads (where photos no longer work) and more PMs :laugh: In all seriousness I hope this doesn't go ahead, have another look at the classifieds, people aren't there selling dozens of items laughing all the way to the bank.

Carlwalski said:
I see what you are saying Stinker but in reality, who's selling 20+ items for profit every month!? Wifey (apparently) and I think that isn't a case of trying to rob people, she probably stands to make, what, $200-$300? in "profit" for the month IF she sells the used items, if you ask me, it's hardly robbing the vault or putting any vendors out of pocket lol. So now because of this people are not allowed to post 6 items or more over the space of 30 days? lol.

What about the other side of the coin, what about those members they are helping? I also think if this junk follows through that PAYING members are exempt, the fees have to pay for something other than a few FAQ threads (where photos no longer work) and more PMs :laugh: In all seriousness I hope this doesn't go ahead, have another look at the classifieds, people aren't there selling dozens of items laughing all the way to the bank.

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: why cant a rule just be a rule and let that be that. he has his reasons, its his decision.

wheredwhogo? said:
:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: why cant a rule just be a rule and let that be that. he has his reasons, its his decision.
exactly, all I tried to do is explain the reasons of what I understand the post to be about, personally it dont matter to me if a member has one Item or ten thousand items for sale. I have my own problems to contend with, like FASTFOOD:D

Ironhead said:
just post them on craigs list,or post them for sale on dodgetalk.com there is no such rule on parts already used ,then post a link ,,,unless that is not allowed either

my big question is i have four rims for sale with four tires on them is that considered over the limit ,,seems like penny pintching to me

Jack is talking about an Item (IE: Complete set of rims = 1 item, Set of cats = 1 Item). He is not meaning EACH as in 20 lug nuts is over the limit; that would be 1 item.

The spirit of the matter is that people with 1 posts, come on and sell 20 cold air intakes and take advantage of the forum, members, and vendors.

RedSrt007 said:
Jack is talking about an Item (IE: Complete set of rims = 1 item, Set of cats = 1 Item). He is not meaning EACH as in 20 lug nuts is over the limit; that would be 1 item.

The spirit of the matter is that people with 1 posts, come on and sell 20 cold air intakes and take advantage of the forum, members, and vendors.

why does it have to be explained what 5 items means???? are we not all adults? the express lane is 10 items or less, just because you have a dozen eggs does not mean you cant use the express lane....geez...

All I have to say is that I would certainly appreciate some warning before losing forum privileges.Mods could send a friendly reminder PM when a member reaches 4 listings,couldn't they ? :dontknow:

HOT RAM said:
All I have to say is that I would certainly appreciate some warning before losing forum privileges.Mods could send a friendly reminder PM when a member reaches 4 listings,couldn't they ? :dontknow:

maybe you could be in charge of keeping track of everybodies listings....sounds like we have a volunteer here mods!!!!

HOT RAM said:

Is counting to five really that difficult for people? Do the mods need more work?

HOT RAM said:

why cant we just keep track of our own listings and save the mods the hassle of doing it for us. really i dont think it would be that hard to do. every time you make a listing, put a little hash on your calander or a post it note. when you get to 5.......your done for the month.

wheredwhogo? said:
why cant we just keep track of our own listings and save the mods the hassle of doing it for us. really i dont think it would be that hard to do. every time you make a listing, put a little hash on your calander or a post it note. when you get to 5.......your done for the month.

I am chronically forgetful :eek:

Signed up for a memory improvement class....................just couldn't remember when it was :eek: :D

HOT RAM said:
I am chronically forgetful :eek:

Signed up for a memory improvement class....................just couldn't remember when it was :eek: :D

then maybe you should only do one listing for the month that way you wont have to count to 5.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back