APRIL 2024 TOTM - rottenronnie!!!!

Ronnie's NA KICK ASS QC for TOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
View attachment 65552

Here's a great cross-ram pic of the old 413.
569 TQ at 3000. I'm sure they could have obtained higher with more aggressive timing. But still, 569 is a lot of grunt!

A few of the Dodge Engineers (The Ramchargers) built a tunnel ram out of plywood and radiator hoses years ago. The plywood was "treated" with shellac so it would last long enough to have some fun before the wood got soaked with gasoline.
Good times!!

Maybe I'll have to build something like that while I'm waiting for some help on my project.:confused:
Awesome and learned something about improvising hahaha

The vehicle I drive now is a six speed auto. Once I quit pressing my foot on the floor where there isn't a pedal I've come to like the lazy life of no clutching. But I definitely would choose a manual over an auto given a choice because I like the control you get with the clutch. I've only driven manual my whole life so maybe I'm partial but living in a rural area of the Wild West that clutch comes in very handy! And the little gizmo they have now for shifting gears like it's a manual is lame! :eek:
I do the opposite after driving the 10 and forget the Dakota has a clutch hahaha

View attachment 65552

Here's a great cross-ram pic of the old 413.
569 TQ at 3000. I'm sure they could have obtained higher with more aggressive timing. But still, 569 is a lot of grunt!

A few of the Dodge Engineers (The Ramchargers) built a tunnel ram out of plywood and radiator hoses years ago. The plywood was "treated" with shellac so it would last long enough to have some fun before the wood got soaked with gasoline.
Good times!!

Maybe I'll have to build something like that while I'm waiting for some help on my project.:confused:
Wonder how it would have performed wit a pair of Thermo quad carbs and ther big secondaries instead of the Carter abs carbs .

Looks like a tie vote .. let’s go people vote !

It's early in the voting and we definitely need a tie breaker! Step on up, don't be shy!

Wonder how it would have performed wit a pair of Thermo quad carbs and ther big secondaries instead of the Carter abs carbs .
Both the Carter AVS (Air Valve Secondary) and the TQ "Sized themselves" at wide open throttle, both using a Secondary Air-Door for the task. The older Carter AFB (either Aluminum Four-Barrel OR Automatic Four-Barrel) depending on who you talk to, used a weighted device under the throttle flaps, which performed a similar function as the TQ/AVS "up top" systems.

The TQ used a 2.25" Secondary Throttle-Blade which wouldn't fit on every intake without an adapter (yuk) or machining the existing Intake (when possible).

I liked the TQ. They had a few flaws but once worked out, very reliable. That triple boost venturi did a great job at atomizing fuel.

Last edited:
Both the AVS and the TQ "Size themselves" at wide open throttle, both using a Secondary Air-Door for the task.
The TQ used a 2.25" Secondary Throttle-Blade which wouldn't fit on every intake without an adapter (yuk) or machining the existing Intake (when possible).
I liked the TQ. They had a few flaws but once worked out, very reliable. That triple boost venturi did a great job at atomizing fuel.
Makes perfect sense to me! :rolleyes:

But I know it's absolute coming from our expert!

thank you, I will read and learn about these things. I do know a slight slight bit but that equals enough to be extremely dangerous! Lol

Do we prefer carburetors or fuel injection as a whole?

Who....me???

Well, Fuel Injection has the potential to be the better of the two. An Injector can be much better controlled and can be fine tuned in ways a Carb on an Intake simply can't.
Similar to Analog Audio compared with Digital Audio. Both of them work and can sound really good but Digital simply exceeds the abilities of Analog in the end.

It can be rather bitchy to get Digital Audio "right" though.

IMO

Last edited:
Makes perfect sense to me! :rolleyes:

But I know it's absolute coming from our expert!

thank you, I will read and learn about these things. I do know a slight slight bit but that equals enough to be extremely dangerous! Lol

Well, I don't know about "expert" (but thanks). Simply sharing what I think I know.

Who....me???

Well, Fuel Injection has the potential to be the better of the two. An Injector can be much better controlled and can be fine tuned in ways a Carb on an Intake simply can't.
Similar to Analog Audio compared with Digital Audio. Both of them work and can sound really good but Digital simply exceeds the abilities of Analog in the end.

It can be rather bitchy to get Digital Audio "right" though.

IMO
I prefer tinkering and tuning things like Carbs. Give me the good ole days ;) calculator cars are less fun hahaha !

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back