Continued from 2007 ... GO DOW GO!!

I don’t like having cash sitting in any brokerage account ,, so I either add to one of my good div stocks , maybe open a new position in something I found or transfer it to one on my higher interest money market accounts AKA : bucket accounts ! I use different brokerage account for different asset types with a mix of smaller holding amount of div. Stocks and ETF’s for a cash boost or div payraise .. one for mutual funds , another for crypto etc .

plus is I also go for the special deals on opening accounts with brokers or transferring new money in .. Many deals that pay you free money to do so ! Same with some bank accounts .
Here is the name of a bank and a brokerage account I opened for a $250 bonus ( brokerage only ). AXOS BANK . They gave a $250 sign up bonus .. they required funding of $2000 , you had to make 2 trades and hold it for 90 days .. so I bought all div stocks, monthly paying high yield ETFS with the $2000 . That means I get dividends monthly and quarterly on the better stocks I bought .. go my $250 bonus .. I don’t do the auto reinvestment and take the cash which I transfer to my money market , checking and then maybe to my main brokerage accounts to add more to another stock asset ,, all depends on the cost basis of the asset I buy though .. I WANT TO LOWER MY COST BASIS !

That’s why you start with what ever you can at an early age .. the older you get you need to make a larger purchase to make up for those lost years .

My dad told me years ago to set a goal investing to at least pay your bills every month .

also if your already invested in retirement , 401’s , 403b etc . Then just opening a small income type account in stocks , ETF’s , bonds etc . And reinvesting parts for growth and taking cash putting it into a Christmas fund or special spending account is a benefit .
Good advice!

I don’t like having cash sitting in any brokerage account ,, so I either add to one of my good div stocks , maybe open a new position in something I found or transfer it to one on my higher interest money market accounts AKA : bucket accounts ! I use different brokerage account for different asset types with a mix of smaller holding amount of div. Stocks and ETF’s for a cash boost or div payraise .. one for mutual funds , another for crypto etc .

plus is I also go for the special deals on opening accounts with brokers or transferring new money in .. Many deals that pay you free money to do so ! Same with some bank accounts .
Here is the name of a bank and a brokerage account I opened for a $250 bonus ( brokerage only ). AXOS BANK . They gave a $250 sign up bonus .. they required funding of $2000 , you had to make 2 trades and hold it for 90 days .. so I bought all div stocks, monthly paying high yield ETFS with the $2000 . That means I get dividends monthly and quarterly on the better stocks I bought .. go my $250 bonus .. I don’t do the auto reinvestment and take the cash which I transfer to my money market , checking and then maybe to my main brokerage accounts to add more to another stock asset ,, all depends on the cost basis of the asset I buy though .. I WANT TO LOWER MY COST BASIS !
You've been doing this a long time! You're dialed in! :cool:

You've been doing this a long time! You're dialed in! :cool:
Full time around 3 years since I had to close the doors on my business from the health crap . But investing and trading can be done fro here to timbuck2 with a cell phone so I would check the markets regularly while working .. researching had to come when I wasn’t working . 2012 was when I started for myself and opened a brokerage account … My first trade was a bio pharma small company .. 3 days and it took off and I made $863 plus more jumping back in and selling for 3 days hahaha .. Parabolic pops happen and it seems to go for around 3 days before crashing back down .. Pharma stock are high risk also .. I was hooked at that point . Years prior I was in an investment club with a bunch of women where a previous GF worked … the club failed as the women didn’t think the the portfolio was growing fast enough ,, well hell the investment dues were only $10 a month .. 13 members and one at a time they quit .i was one of 3 left when all was sold and dissolved the club .. I made a few bucks …. The bilaws cost everyone that quit 20% .. this was when the market crashed in 2008 …. He’ll ford stock dropped to around $1 per share .. the money that could have been made if they had stayed would have been huge now !

Full time around 3 years since I had to close the doors on my business from the health crap . But investing and trading can be done fro here to timbuck2 with a cell phone so I would check the markets regularly while working .. researching had to come when I wasn’t working . 2012 was when I started for myself and opened a brokerage account … My first trade was a bio pharma small company .. 3 days and it took off and I made $863 plus more jumping back in and selling for 3 days hahaha .. Parabolic pops happen and it seems to go for around 3 days before crashing back down .. Pharma stock are high risk also .. I was hooked at that point . Years prior I was in an investment club with a bunch of women where a previous GF worked … the club failed as the women didn’t think the the portfolio was growing fast enough ,, well hell the investment dues were only $10 a month .. 13 members and one at a time they quit .i was one of 3 left when all was sold and dissolved the club .. I made a few bucks …. The bilaws cost everyone that quit 20% .. this was when the market crashed in 2008 …. He’ll ford stock dropped to around $1 per share .. the money that could have been made if they had stayed would have been huge now !
Amazing start into it! To bad they didn't hang in there!

If i had a thousand to start what could i do with it? No financial advice but maybe suggest a scenario :)

there's so many different choices!! Bank accounts with bonus money, etf, mutual fund, equities-

conservative with not much risk tolerance

Confusing

Last edited:
If i had a thousand to start what could i do with it? No financial advice but maybe suggest a scenario :)

there's so many different choices!! Bank accounts with bonus money, etf, mutual fund, equities-

Confusing
No really ,, the hard part is picking the right ones and doing the math

Confusing

Confusing

Here is one of my watch lists of what I bought on the AXOS account which initially began with 2 , 1 share low cost high yield ETF’s …to get the bonus and with the 2k required funding . Then I I bought others and added a few more to them only 2 to max 5 shares on any of them . The ETF’s are all monthly paying dividend payers and the bigger companies are quarterly payers . I decided to just let it run for know and collect the cash payouts and not put them in the DRIP and transfer the cash out as it builds up some and I decide to. ( interest is worthless on brokerage cash accounts ) . It does require 2k for the bonus , check the details if the offer is still available. I don’t hardly watch the account except quick checks on the watch list .. I own many of all those assets on my other accounts. I’m waiting for another bonus offer from someone and will transfer either the assets or sell them to the next bonus account . I haven’t made up my mind on who , what ,where or when . Also be aware that transferring to another brokerage can cost you a transfer fee ,, somewhere around 75.00 , so be sure that the company your transferring to covers that ,( most do ! ) .

Do some due diligence on each of those , some are in the red and others decent green , check the cash payout on the divs. ( the yield is for AUTO reinvesting in the DRIPS ) which you can do if you choose to . The prices on some are still low enough IMO to add if I chose to. The ones I own that are in the red are paying me divs which out way the amount I’m down on them. The account is a decent very small account for a Christmas fund or to pay a bill here and there ! My total gains are in the green so it’s actually growing .

IMG_0387.png

:cool::)
Here is one of my watch lists of what I bought on the AXOS account which initially began with 2 , 1 share low cost high yield ETF’s …to get the bonus and with the 2k required funding . Then I I bought others and added a few more to them only 2 to max 5 shares on any of them . The ETF’s are all monthly paying dividend payers and the bigger companies are quarterly payers . I decided to just let it run for know and collect the cash payouts and not put them in the DRIP and transfer the cash out as it builds up some and I decide to. ( interest is worthless on brokerage cash accounts ) . It does require 2k for the bonus , check the details if the offer is still available. I don’t hardly watch the account except quick checks on the watch list .. I own many of all those assets on my other accounts. I’m waiting for another bonus offer from someone and will transfer either the assets or sell them to the next bonus account . I haven’t made up my mind on who , what ,where or when . Also be aware that transferring to another brokerage can cost you a transfer fee ,, somewhere around 75.00 , so be sure that the company your transferring to covers that ,( most do ! ) .

Do some due diligence on each of those , some are in the red and others decent green , check the cash payout on the divs. ( the yield is for AUTO reinvesting in the DRIPS ) which you can do if you choose to . The prices on some are still low enough IMO to add if I chose to. The ones I own that are in the red are paying me divs which out way the amount I’m down on them. The account is a decent very small account for a Christmas fund or to pay a bill here and there ! My total gains are in the green so it’s actually growing .

View attachment 65620
Thank you - that's a lot of good information! :):):cool:

Gotta start somewhere! I'll do some DD

There are some pretty good bank bonus offers I'll look at also - maybe grab one of those and use the bonus money to get the etfs. Still learning and reading :) the banks seem to want some new money to use

There are some pretty good bank bonus offers I'll look at also - maybe grab one of those and use the bonus money to get the etfs. Still learning and reading :) the banks seem to want some new money to use
Just read the terms on the bonuses ,, they vary ! Some want minimums balances and keeping an average daily balance , direct deposit requirements . Plus they want an initial funding of different amounts .

See if bankrate.com shows bonuses banks and brokerages are offering .

I did see some wanted direct deposit and i wouldn't do that since mine are set up and i don't like to change stuff so I'm looking for the deposit amount and balance requirement - length of time. I am just wanting their money lol

I did see some wanted direct deposit and i wouldn't do that since mine are set up and i don't like to change stuff so I'm looking for the deposit amount and balance requirement - length of time. I am just wanting their money lol
That’s what I’ve done hahahaha

IMG_0391.jpeg Here ,, this is my actual stocks and ETF’s on my dinky Axos account and today’s close . I opened it May4,2023. For the bonus of 250.00 at the time . My guess is I’ve made around 500 between the divs and bonus on the account . All cash was transfered out to high yield accounts and or used to buy a few assets on one of my main brokerage accounts. I’m getting divs now and into may and will be transferring that cash also .
But the scene shot should help give you some real life DD about my totals and daily gains and loss , costs and cost basis , amount of shares , unrealized gains etc ! The regular stocks you should recognize and the others are ETF’s. Remember it’s a extreme small ace in the whole account that just sits and has grown some and the divs actually illuminate the 3 red
That are down . Being as I move the cash to other accounts also give me more gains , divs from this account !

Here are a few diddly things zi do also . I have 3 apps that give me free money … Ibotta , inboxDollars and fetch …. Only take a few minutes to do the daily tasks . I’m in the over 500$ club hahaha on Ibotta , made almost 400$ on inboxDollars and have enough on Fetch to almost get a 50$ gift card of my choice. inbox has a few thing to do daily the other 2 are basically taking a pic of receipts from shopping .

Freebies hahaha ! And they can be done in less time it takes to do your early morning constitutional hahahah. It does take a while depending on what you do on the apps… but free cash adds up over time .. when I cash out , I use the money to invest in the markets .. think of it like the gift that keeps on giving .

vniilli … is my referral code if you want to do Ibotta .. we both get $5 .

https://appview.inboxdollars.com/?rb=78097135 Is the referral for inboxDollars .

Come save money with me on Fetch! Join w/ code BAX5ME for a point bonus.
https://referral.fetch.com/vvv3/referraltext?code=BAX5ME Is the referral for fetch !

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back