Fan conversion

I’m not real sure that those electric fan set ups are sufficient to keep the engine cool as a daily driver .. other things like smaller pulleys can effect the cooling and charging and are keant for racing not daily stop and go traffic .. there meant to help reduce the drag on the systems which robs power .. I found that out years ago while sitting in traffic r long lights ..

I ordered the conversion kit from JMB, Won't have it for a couple of weeks but it will be the total replacement for the hydralic mess that Chrysler had come up with in 2004. Mike assures me that it is what I need and will be pleased with the swap. It was a bit pricey. Quite a bit more than some of the deals you see on Ebay or from Summit. But this is a complete deal. No need for ordering that one part that you didn't know that you needed on Sunday morning.

I ordered the conversion kit from JMB, Won't have it for a couple of weeks but it will be the total replacement for the hydralic mess that Chrysler had come up with in 2004. Mike assures me that it is what I need and will be pleased with the swap. It was a bit pricey. Quite a bit more than some of the deals you see on Ebay or from Summit. But this is a complete deal. No need for ordering that one part that you didn't know that you needed on Sunday morning.
Nice! these guys are Ram SRT experienced so you should get what you need. Who knows what you get the other way. Good deal and good luck let us know how it works

Will do. I will post an up front and honest report on it. How complete it is and how the install goes. I'm going from a stock platform. I also ordered the 2 extra items that Mike had suggested. That was the line to shut off the hydrolic line to the power steering pump and the relocation burp tank. Out the door with tax and postage it was a bit shy of $1100. I'm OK with the price if it is a represented and I don't have to get creative to make some odd ball part fit. That I don't like to do!! Stay tuned.

I’m not real sure that those electric fan set ups are sufficient to keep the engine cool as a daily driver .. other things like smaller pulleys can effect the cooling and charging and are keant for racing not daily stop and go traffic .. there meant to help reduce the drag on the systems which robs power .. I found that out years ago while sitting in traffic r long lights ..
I'm going to find out shortly as if it works as advertised. I hope that you are not correct. I live in Central California and day time summer temps are always over 100. But it is a dry heat. HA...i don't drive it all that much but I for sure hate it when you go any place and have to be constantly watching the temp gauge.
:cool:

Attachments

• SRT-10 2.jpg
    SRT-10 2.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 5
I'm going to find out shortly as if it works as advertised. I hope that you are not correct. I live in Central California and day time summer temps are always over 100. But it is a dry heat. HA...i don't drive it all that much but I for sure hate it when you go any place and have to be constantly watching the temp gauge.
I hope it works out .. I understand the heat in the Southwest as I live in Vegas at the time .. I personally think getting rid of that hydraulic crap fan would be a great move . Let us know if it’s good , especially with the harsh environment and probably sucky traffic jams in Cali .

Nice! these guys are Ram SRT experienced so you should get what you need. Who knows what you get the other way. Good deal and good luck let us know how it works
Yes ,, at modifying for racing and power though .. I’m hoping someone that has done the mod chimes in also ..

Justin fabricates pretty much everything .hes a good youngin and has done well for himself .

Yes ,, at modifying for racing and power though .. I’m hoping someone that has done the mod chimes in also ..
Their ad at least indicates the conversuon will handle any - situation so hopefully

Nice looking truck! Central Cali is hot, good testing grounds lol

the powder coated stuff they offer looks quality

Justin does a great job without a doubt .

Back