Fan conversion

I’m not real sure that those electric fan set ups are sufficient to keep the engine cool as a daily driver .. other things like smaller pulleys can effect the cooling and charging and are keant for racing not daily stop and go traffic .. there meant to help reduce the drag on the systems which robs power .. I found that out years ago while sitting in traffic r long lights ..
If it works for the actual Vipers.....the Gen 3 was the only run to have the hydraulic fan. All the others had electric fans as far as I know. There is an episode of Wheeler Dealers (remember that show lol?) where they flipped a black 2004 RC. Rear main seal replace, coil pack & wire plus clutch upgrade along with conversion to electric fan.

If it works for the actual Vipers.....the Gen 3 was the only run to have the hydraulic fan. All the others had electric fans as far as I know. There is an episode of Wheeler Dealers (remember that show lol?) where they flipped a black 2004 RC. Rear main seal replace, coil pack & wire plus clutch upgrade along with conversion to electric fan.

Never saw the show .. but sounds radical flipping things .. GUESS I’ll have to see if I can find it or reruns ..

The fans being only on the gen 3 vipers makes me wonder why they changed .. just more to go wrong and make a mess .. or was the electric lacking in the vipers and the change was made ? I would just prefer a good old flex fan with a aftermarket added electric fan foe racing or the hottest days ..

I've never seen it either, will have to look it up too

Interestingly it was a replay of that show that I saw a week or so ago that triggered me ordering the fan conversion set up for my SRT. There is a shortened episode of the original show you can find that is on UTube but I have not seen the entire show being available. But it was an interesting show. Funny. When the little fat english guy stated that he now knew what SRT stood for. I think he said Simple Rediculous Truck. Or something like that. It was funny too that they ran it out of gas 3 different times. He was running it wide open most all of the time he was driving it.

I did a quick search on You tube and couldn’t find the vid

I'm going to get the whole episode at the library - it's a series so they should have it :D Or you can rent it online

This is the abreviated version that I found for the show. I only show a few of the mechanical things and toward the end. But I have not been able to find then entire show.

Good video. Thanks

Never saw the show .. but sounds radical flipping things .. GUESS I’ll have to see if I can find it or reruns ..

The fans being only on the gen 3 vipers makes me wonder why they changed .. just more to go wrong and make a mess .. or was the electric lacking in the vipers and the change was made ? I would just prefer a good old flex fan with a aftermarket added electric fan foe racing or the hottest days ..
LMAO....flipping, as in buying a vehicle, fixing/upgrading it, then turning around and selling it.
According to the engineers, the hydraulic fan was able to keep temps more stable vs the wider range swings commonly seen with electric. I've seen that phenomenon up close and personal in C3 Corvettes; starts to get hot then the gauge plummets like a stone when the fan kicks in.

Have not received the fan set-up yet. Was notified that there was a delay with it's shipment due to a vendor supplied part. But I am getting anxious to get it and get started on the swap. The fellow has assured me that it is a "complete set-up" and is an easy bolt in deal. We'll see. I will post pix and comments as to how things go.

LMAO....flipping, as in buying a vehicle, fixing/upgrading it, then turning around and selling it.

No no no , flipping it lol
According to the engineers, the hydraulic fan was able to keep temps more stable vs the wider range swings commonly seen with electric. I've seen that phenomenon up close and personal in C3 Corvettes; starts to get hot then the gauge plummets like a stone when the fan kicks in.
All I know is ,, clutch fans or non clutch after market flex fans in connection with a add on single or electric fans have worked for 100 years in all applications..It what I used years ago and never had a problem keeping the temperatures controlled, even driving through Death Valley in August .. with hydraulic systems they need engine power and Rob power . The worst problem would be a hydraulic leak or blow out .,the expenses I sure do s the same as many other repairs of todays system parts , NUTS !
One thing that wasn’t as good in the past was running add n electric fan or fans with out a clutch fan or flex fan .. they tended not to control the temps very well .

Have not received the fan set-up yet. Was notified that there was a delay with its shipment due to a vendor supplied part. But I am getting anxious to get it and get started on the swap. The fellow has assured me that it is a "complete set-up" and is an easy bolt in deal. We'll see. I will post pix and comments as to how things go.
We are waiting patiently lol

No no no , flipping it lol

All I know is ,, clutch fans or non clutch after market flex fans in connection with a add on single or electric fans have worked for 100 years in all applications..It what I used years ago and never had a problem keeping the temperatures controlled, even driving through Death Valley in August .. with hydraulic systems they need engine power and Rob power . The worst problem would be a hydraulic leak or blow out .,the expenses I sure do s the same as many other repairs of todays system parts , NUTS !
One thing that wasn’t as good in the past was running add n electric fan or fans with out a clutch fan or flex fan .. they tended not to control the temps very well .
No fix for stupid..

Back