ABS and Brake light on. What could cause this?

Maybe cleaning another hole and checking out nuts lol

There are others who have been missing lately too! Maybe they're all cleaning their holes and checking out nuts!?!

I put on Moog 515073. After reading this, I am unsure what I have. I think I have 4-wheel ABS. But the word “4-wheel” has me confused now for 4-wheel drive.
Not the same. Pull your build sheet (enter VIN all caps): Equipment Listing It will list whether you have 2 wheel or 4 wheel ABS.
Do the trucks have 4 wheel ABS or 2 wheel ? Knowing that should answer the question of which part #

I read about what the difference was since I didn't know. Not sure which our trucks have maybe @HemiLonestar knows
Build sheet will say.
Wonder if there is a difference between the QC brake and the RC brakes
None whatsoever hardware wise, with the exception between 2004 and 2005-06. Same front rotors and same rear brakes.
Yes - I'm pretty sure 04 doesn't have Brembo
None of them had Brembos. 2004's were ¾ ton front calipers painted red, the 05-06 red 4 pots were made by TRW.

Not the same. Pull your build sheet (enter VIN all caps): Equipment Listing It will list whether you have 2 wheel or 4 wheel ABS.

Build sheet will say.

None whatsoever hardware wise, with the exception between 2004 and 2005-06. Same front rotors and same rear brakes.

None of them had Brembos. 2004's were ¾ ton front calipers painted red, the 05-06 red 4 pots were made by TRW.
I couldn’t think of who made the 2005-6 QC’s but new they weren’t Brembo..
A curious question ,
What would it take to install the 2004 brake caliper set up on the QC’s parts and would it really make that much of a difference in braking considering the RC brakes were adequate for high speed road courses ???

What would it take to install the 2004 brake caliper set up on the QC’s parts and would it really make that much of a difference in braking considering the RC brakes were adequate for high speed road courses ???
Nothing. They use the same rotor and bolt to the same spindles. I know people who have done this because the later 4 pots are ridiculously expensive and hard to find, whereas the 3G 2500 brakes (which is what the 04's are) are a fairly common part.

Nothing. They use the same rotor and bolt to the same spindles. I know people who have done this because the later 4 pots are ridiculously expensive and hard to find, whereas the 3G 2500 brakes (which is what the 04's are) are a fairly common part.
Interesting ,, the question was asked on here somewhere years ago and nobody agreed it can be done or something .
I’m in full agreement about the QC calipers being costly and that no one has come up with a replacement .. see ones are rediculous priced also . I did think the rotors on the QC’s were larger . I didn’t know the bolt patterns were the same either .. Thanks Hemi for the info ,,
Seems to me the RC after market rotors and calipers old cost as much as the QC monster calipers .
I would like to see a DIY f a conversion!

Interesting ,, the question was asked on here somewhere years ago and nobody agreed it can be done or something .
I’m in full agreement about the QC calipers being costly and that no one has come up with a replacement .. see ones are rediculous priced also . I did think the rotors on the QC’s were larger . I didn’t know the bolt patterns were the same either .. Thanks Hemi for the info ,,
Seems to me the RC after market rotors and calipers old cost as much as the QC monster calipers .
I would like to see a DIY f a conversion!
Alot of lack of info and misinformation out there about this. Only the 04's (which were all only RC's) had the 2 pot sliders; both RC & QC for 05-06 got the 4 pots. Honestly between the RC & QC's it's as simple as comparing part numbers from the book. Same spindles, same hubs (therefore same bolt pattern), same rotors, same wheels (also same bolt pattern), same tires. Suspension is different (spring rates and leaf springs as well as shocks) by necessity since people wanted a 4 door that could tow and carry people lol. People forget, it's still a car company; wherever possible common parts will be used to save money.

Good info thanks Hemi. Practical application at work

I’m hard at work with the silver truck now.

The black truck suddenly does not have any alerts/alarms. I am going to remove the battery cables and short the pos & neg cables together so I know that every alert should be cleared, then reinstall them. I’ll drive it around to see if the alarms/alerts come back.

I bought that quick disconnect that you put on the negative side of the battery since I don’t want my battery to drain.

Last edited:
I’m hard at work with the silver truck now.

The black truck suddenly does not have any alerts/alarms. I am going to remove the battery cables and short the pos & neg cables together so I know that every alert should be cleared, then reinstall them. I’ll drive it around to see if the alarms/alerts come back.

I bought that quick disconnect that you put on the negative side of the battery since I don’t want my battery to drain.
I use this one just on the Negative cable .. bought separately at Advance auto years ago ..
IMG_1073.jpeg

Be aware that touching the battery cables together can cause a problem and screw up your control computer ..
we found in a vid posted on here somewhere that if you do that to take precaution and use a resistor .. to avoid damaging the computer.. BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY THING !

All the more reason to vote for TOTM!! She is f finished now!! lol lol

I have no idea what my post says after seeing it again .. my brain is jello and spell check surely makes it worse lol

I have no idea what my post says after seeing it again .. my brain is jello and spell check surely makes it worse lol
Glad it wasn't just me! It happens lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back