Continued from 2007 ... GO DOW GO!!

Now the question for you … do you think I actually lose the 1288$ ? Serious question and lesson ..It on previous posts ?;)
Without looking through them I'll guess - you lose the money invested but get to use it as a loss to offset any capital gains on taxes

Without looking through them I'll guess - you lose the money invested but get to use it as a loss to offset any capital gains on taxes
If my profits are $5000 for the year and I take a loss on a sell for $6000 that means I’m $1000 in the red on my total profits which means your tax responsibility is negative and you won’t pay taxes on that $5000 profit .. this is adjusted on your account to show it . Then since the IRS allows upto $3000 of loss write offs per year then that negative $1000 is a deduction on your taxes also one your basic taxed income .. I think cap gains have a slightly different rule to deduct it all . Need to check on that ..

I think I said that right lol .. I use Turbo and let them do the calculations..

Well?? Did i get it or mangle it?
I think you get the basic idea .. but there is more to it .. it is taxes and the IRS rules that can confuse people .

A trick investors do at the end of the year is to dump crappy investments to minimize their profits .. the bigs automatically do it every year . It lower the tax responsibility and you still make money and get a bonus to carry over the losses at 3k per year .. so it actually pays in the short and long run ..

It's not a total loss because it offsets the gains.

Wash sales increase the cost basis of the shares you repurchase of a same stock when it's repurchased within 31 days of the sale that was a loss. That is brutal since you get another wash if you sell for less than that adjusted cost basis. They think of it all hahahaha

I think you get the basic idea .. but there is more to it .. it is taxes and the IRS rules that can confuse people .

A trick investors do at the end of the year is to dump crappy investments to minimize their profits .. the bigs automatically do it every year . It lower the tax responsibility and you still make money and get a bonus to carry over the losses at 3k per year .. so it actually pays in the short and long run ..
Is that tax harvesting?

It's not a total loss because it offsets the gains.

Wash sales increase the cost basis of the shares you repurchase of a same stock when it's repurchased within 31 days of the sale that was a loss. That is brutal since you get another wash if you sell for less than that adjusted cost basis. They think of it all hahahaha
Correct .. I found that out the hard way ..live and learn .

I’m waiting since CMG earnings are coming up .. we will see how the reaction comes out and I’m hoping we see a decent ER .. I may sell but I’m doubtful it will move strong enough .

I’m waiting since CMG earnings are coming up .. we will see how the reaction comes out and I’m hoping we see a decent ER .. I may sell but I’m doubtful it will move strong enough .
Green sauce!! We need green sauce!

Got my 10.00 gift card Fetch this is my second time so it's worth using. I don't buy what i don't need and once you get used to the app you can plan the buys lol

Got my 10.00 gift card Fetch this is my second time so it's worth using. I don't buy what i don't need and once you get used to the app you can plan the buys lol
Cool .. and use receipts you find works lol

And remember Amazon event is going on now lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back