JULY 2024 TOTM - 2005ViperRam!!!

2005ViperRam for TOTM??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And hopefully @2005ViperRam Craig will post some pics here on this thread!
I do really need to post some pics.

After spending over 12 hours just trying to install only one Lower Control Arms (LCA), I couldn’t do it. The bushings were off by just a little bit. I got ticked and brought them back to the machine shop and they moved them ever so slightly. When I installed them again they were still just a mere 1/16 inch off. I tried everything to move them, but they would not budge. Of course I didn’t have an 50 ton press like them.

I ended up making a really cheap, stupid tool, that got the bushing to move that 1/16 inch and I finally got it the LCA in. I was able to get the other LCA in, along with both LCA from my silver truck in and it only took 45 minutes each.

As embarrassed as it is, I will post it so maybe it might help others. Cost like $4.

Attachments

• IMG_1053.jpeg
    IMG_1053.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 8

After spending over 12 hours just trying to install only one Lower Control Arms (LCA), I couldn’t do it. The bushings were off by just a little bit. I got ticked and brought them back to the machine shop and they moved them ever so slightly. When I installed them again they were still just a mere 1/16 inch off. I tried everything to move them, but they would not budge. Of course I didn’t have an 50 ton press like them.

I ended up making a really cheap, stupid tool, that got the bushing to move that 1/16 inch and I finally got it the LCA in. I was able to get the other LCA in, along with both LCA from my silver truck in and it only took 45 minutes each.

As embarrassed as it is, I will post it so maybe it might help others. Cost like $4.
That's a lot of work you're doing! Frustrating they didn't line up for sure :( BUT!! you got it done!I don't know what I'm looking at since I've never done this work but the ones who are DIYers will most definitely appreciate the $4.00 tool hack.

Pics when your done will great!

Hahahaha! I see you voted. That's the way. And you can try to squeeze two in if you want lol this is America.

job well done :cool:

It's looking like the black or silver QC's in the lead! There's still time to be counted.

Last edited:

I’m not sure about what the tool is in the pic ??

I'm glad it's not just me - maybe the tool pic isn't posted yet :D

I'm glad it's not just me - maybe the tool pic isn't posted yet :D
No idea ,, but the pic appears more to show how far the control arm bushings are off …

No idea ,, but the pic appears more to show how far the control arm bushings are off …
That is a picture showing how off the bushing was. You would think that you could move 1/16 inch over, but you can't. After 12 hours you would think you could but those bushings are embedded into the shaft.
Let me gather the various pictures I took, and the part numbers I used and I will post them. Again, it is just so stupid, but it worked, and it worked well.

That is a picture showing how off the bushing was. You would think that you could move 1/16 inch over, but you can't. After 12 hours you would think you could but those bushings are embedded into the shaft.
Let me gather the various pictures I took, and the part numbers I used and I will post them. Again, it is just so stupid, but it worked, and it worked well.
Yes pressed in .. I'm surprised they missed the mark

Tightest nuts are in the lead! The bolts and holes are lagging!!

The holes aren’t clean enough is my guess lol

Vote vote vote ,, come on everyone vote

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back